BankFodder BankFodder

mikeymack2002

Liability orders cost £3.00 confused

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1463 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am a little confused as to why Councils charge enormous fees for a Liability Order (LO) When my attachment at 4 says £3-00 what am I missing? Thanks

Attachment can be downloaded here >> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1409/contents/made

Then click on original pdf link within the above link...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

You are missing the fact 'because they can'. It's a cash cow, a big cheer will go up in the office when some poor sod misses a payment.

Reasonably incurred is what is stated not being a cash cow... boo to those that cheer about someone's financial mess. Hooray for those that stand up against them...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

The amount of money the councils waste on pointless things

It must be their way to get some back from those who can least afford it

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

They do waste money and am I right in thinking that part of my council tax goes towards council executive pensions ?

You council boss will be getting paid around the quarter of a million mark, so you decide.

I bet you also thought councils were there to serve us.

I bet you also thought councils were there to serve us.

Well yes, morally they are aren't they ?

I had sent off a freedom of information request asking if there was any part of council tax that was used for other then servives. I remember seeing that they had 20 working days to comply. What happens if they miss the deadline..

I am a little confused as to why Councils charge enormous fees for a Liability Order (LO) When my attachment at 4 says £3-00 what am I missing? Thanks

Attachment can be downloaded here >> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1409/contents/made

Then click on original pdf link within the above link...

The subject of councils charging enormous fees for a 'Liability Order' have been laid bare in the Reverend Paul Nicholson's Judicial Review (which sadly is still unresolved).

The fee of £3.00 however is a completely separate matter altogether.

This fee is charged by HMCTS to the various local authorities and is merely a charge to cover the administrative costs of hiring the court room and staff costs etc for stamping and recording the Complaint list etc. The fee has risen very little over the years (was £2.30) and is significantly less than the fee of £8 charged to local authorities by the Traffic Enforcement Centre (part of Northampton County Bulk Centre) when registering local authority penalty charge notices.

councilors were there for us decades ago! but since councilors get paid etc they are out for themselves, same as MPs the fraud that this country is made up of now.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Consumer Dude, the Freedom of Information Act would not apply here - because most local councils produce a lengthy document showing how council tax money is spent each year. They provide this to residents when they send the bill for the coming year.

Its also available on the local councils websites.

The Freedom of Information request will likely be turned down as the information is freely available elsewhere.

Consumer Dude, the Freedom of Information Act would not apply here - because most local councils produce a lengthy document showing how council tax money is spent each year. They provide this to residents when they send the bill for the coming year.

Its also available on the local councils websites.

The Freedom of Information request will likely be turned down as the information is freely available elsewhere.

Ok, should they still reply within the 20 days anyway..

councilors were there for us decades ago! but since councilors get paid etc they are out for themselves, same as MPs the fraud that this country is made up of now.

I agree, how is it possible for public services to be cut and yet gold plated pensions being paid to council executives. It is so disgusting..