BankFodder BankFodder

sandyra23

Miss-Sold Mortgage Protection Plan, help please...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1474 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

I’m wondering if someone can help please?

I re-mortgaged my flat in 2005 through Countrywide and the mortgage adviser told me that I had to take out a Mortgage Protection Plan as it was necessary for me to get the Mortgage but now as I understand it isn't.

The Mortgage Protection Plan summary says its Life or earlier Critical Illness Cover (decreasing) which is with Friends Life (used to be Friends Provident) and as I understand it Countrywide and Friends Life are affiliated (if that makes a difference?)

I had buildings and contents insurance at the time, so I think that means I had enough coverage...

I still have the policy and all the paperwork even though I changed Mortgage provider in 2008.

Does anyone know if I can claim this back as miss-sold and if so if I should contact Nationwide or Friends Life please? :|

Really appreciate anyone’s help!

and sorry if I'm in the wrong place!

Thanks, Sandra

not linked to building/contents [did you even require those!!..the only thing you HAD to have is buildings insurance

and if you already had that you weer fleeced on that too]

treat the mortgage protection the same as a PPI claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?296108-Hot-news-for-anyone-who-has-suffered-mortgage-arrears-charges-irresponsible-lending-or-other-unfair-lender-conduct

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Hi dx100uk,

Thanks for replying so quick!

No, not linked. I already had Building and Contents insurance from my original mortgage.

So do you reckon it's ok even if I still have the policy or should I cancel it before I make a claim?

Also do you know if I should contact the the advisor or the provider please?

Thanks for you help!

yeah, I feel a bit silly as it's been £16 a month for 10 years... definitely feeling fleeced :(

Thanks,

Sandra

makes no odds if you cancel it

when you reclaim, they should thus cancel.

if the advisor is still going

he'll be the one that pocketed the commission.

so the one to target.

might be best to knock up a spreadsheet 1st

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

statint sheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Hey, thanks for the info!

Another wee question if you don't mind?

Could I use that single premium policy spreadsheet if it wasn't lumped in with my mortgage? (if I've understood the explanation in the link correctly)

Would it be classed as a single premium policy or could I just delete that bit from the title of the speadsheet or change it to something else?

Thanks again! :)

Sandra

simply change the title

Great!

Thanks for your help :)