• Tweets

• Millions of bicycles were sold this year, with fears there won't be enough for the festive period. View the full article
    • Thanks DX, I'm happy that there are no valid reasons for them not to send us documents via royal mail - they were after all perfectly capable of sending these two letters.   The 12+2 days end on 7 December so I will ensure the DD's are cancelled for these and the Hoist one that is also being paid monthly on that very date. 
    • Sorry to hear the news Dave.   As for sums on top of the £100, maybe the judge ruled against the £60 Unicorn Food Tax but allowed £25 claimform fee + £25 legal costs.  Just a guess.
    • Hi guys!   Update:   Been forwarding all the text messages to 7726   These were the text messages:   28 October: We have been instructed to proceed formally on this claim in 7 days in respect of the balance due to Photo Studio Group unless discharged or an arrangement made. This will result in a formal Letter Before Claim and Court Proceedings.   29 October: It's not too late to stop legal action. Settle the £1182.89 due to Photo Studio Group.    30 October: The £1182.89 due to Photo Studio Group is overdue we are now instructed to proceed with a formal Letter Before Claim.   We are now considering whether to issue Court proceedings to recover £1182.89 owed to Photo Studio Group.    2 November: We are now preparing to send a Letter Before Claim. Call 01422746202 to resolve this matter.    6 November: We have now have issued a Letter Before Claim which you should receive in the next few days. Pay the balance due to Photo Studio Group now.  It's not too late to stop legal action. Settle the £1182.89 due to Photo Studio Group online now.    8 November: Click the link to address the £1182.89 due to Photo Studio Group to avoid legal action 12 November: A County Court Claim will impact your ability to obtain credit for up to 6 years. Pay online to stop action.  13 November: We are concerned you have not responded to the Letter Before Claim regarding the balance due to Photo Studio Group?   15 November:  Call AJJB Law regarding the letter you have received from us in order to stop Court Action on 01422746202.    21 November: IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED. Pay £1182.89 due to Photo Studio Group online to stop Court action.  23 November:  We haven't received a response to the Letter Before Claim issued by us. It's imperative you act now to avoid Court Proceedings.  We will be conducting a Pre Court Action Review this week. Pay £1182.89 online today or set up a plan to stop.    26 November: IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED. Pay the balance of £1182.89 online today to prevent further legal action.  29 November: We will be conducting a Pre Court Action Review this week. Contact us today on 01422746202.  2 December: You haven't replied to the Letter Before Claim from us. Costs and fees will be added if we issue a County Court Claim.    Emails:   10 Nov:   Dear -----, LETTER BEFORE CLAIM AJJB Reference: .... Our Client: Photo Studio Group Balance: £1182.89 You will now have received a Letter Before Claim issued by us regarding the balance due to our client. It is important that you do not ignore this letter and read the contents carefully. If you have a query relating to your balance then please contact us to discuss urgently. If you wish to make payment to settle the balance you can do so through our website www.payajjb.co.uk or by calling us on 01422746202. Alternatively an income and expenditure statement is enclosed in the letter, if you are unable to repay the balance in full, payment arrangements will be considered based on your circumstances. Payment arrangements can also be submitted via our website. Please respond urgently to avoid Court action. Yours Sincerely, AJJB Law   19 Nov: Dear ----, RESPONSE REQUIRED AJJB Reference: ..... Our Client: Photo Studio Group Balance: £1182.89 Our records show that you have not responded to the Letter Before Claim issued by us, or our previous attempts to contact you. We hope to resolve this matter without the need to issue a County Court Claim but we only have a limited time to do this. In order to come to a suitable way forward to address the balance please contact us today using one of the following methods: - Email - reply to this message - Online using our secure customer portal - www.payajjb.co.uk - Telephone - 01422746202 Hopefully we can agree a way forward without the need for further action. Yours Sincerely, AJJB Law   27 Nov:   IMPLICATIONS OF A COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT (CCJ) AJJB Reference: ..... Our Client: Photo Studio Group Balance: £1182.89 We are now in a position to issue a County Court Claim to recover the balance due to Photo Studio Group as we have not received a satisfactory response to the Letter Before Claim. This could result in a CCJ being registered against you As previously mentioned, we wish to resolve this matter without the need for legal action, however, we are unable to do so if you do not address the balance due. A CCJ will have an adverse impact on your credit file and will be registered for 6 years. It will affect any future lending decisions including applications for loans, mortgages, tenancy agreements and the purchase of goods on credit (for example a mobile phone contract). You can stop further action now by contacting us to discuss your circumstances or by making payment: - Email - reply to this message - Online using our secure customer portal - www.payajjb.co.uk - Telephone - 01422746202 Please do not ignore this email. Yours Sincerely, AJJB Law I also received two letters to the address I currently live in:   1.  A letter before claim    2. Implications of a county court judgment   Please let me know if I should proceed in any way.   Thank you all for your time!        
    • for whatever reason they fail the 12+2 working day time limit you may cease payments.   as for their stupid excuse to gander email details you do NOT.   they know full well there are ZERO Gov't guidelines regarding mail , .
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1385 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

after you get the statements

but if you cant afford it

then no point.

end of your problems then for the minute

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

hows this going

stay away from debt management plan providers THAT ARE NOT FREE>

you mention several in your 1st post NEVER EVER USE THEM.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we stayed away from debt management plans

right now i paid one of his CC and he is paying me off,

asked to cancel his account by writing, waiting on response at the moment.

only one card left to pay

I wrote to vanquis to cancel his ROP, but intend to pay it off too because his credit rates are horrendous.

he was worried with the fact that canceling his cards would affect his credit rate,

but honestly i think his credit rate will never be any better if it takes him years to pay a debt off

and in the meantime he gets no more money left for nothing

i believe it will help him if i do.

as for the CCJ we got nothing and he is registered to vote and so far no letters so we are sitting on it.

my biggest worry now will be one day we apply for a mortgage

and his ccj will be void but not sorted will be there and will come back to haunt him.

but thats in the future and i cant pay off everything.

he got a letter from department of work and pensions saying he owes them £23 lol

i hope that will be the only letter he is getting

seems he has no clue why he got that to pay so he called them

and it was crisis loans from when he was on benefits for 3months.

getting bit worried since if he can owe them that, what else can he be owing...

but so far he is managing to pay everything very slowly but paying...

has he any defaults in the debt summary lines

if so paying or not

they will kill credit for 6yrs

then the whole account disappears.

same for the ccj

dx

and they

I'm not sure I understood.

You mean his credit file will be even worst if I close his account?

And I know the ccj that is forgotten after 6years and he doesn't have to pay.

But I've heard that it won't help his mortgage because they will know he didn't pay...

And our rates might go crazily high or it will have to me the only one doin a mortgage

closed open makes no odds

what doesn't show on your cra file

you don't tell them about.....................

dx

and they

I'm not sure I understood.

And I know the ccj that is forgotten after 6 years and he doesn't have to pay.

Not quite true..it simply drops of the CRA and Registry...but it can still be executed after 6 years with the courts permission.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Not quite true..it simply drops of the CRA and Registry...but it can still be executed after 6 years with the courts permission.

Andy

I thought that if he hasnt been chased for these 6 years then he definitely does not have to pay for it.

but now im confused

its rare but the claimant could try.

pers I wouldn't worry about it.

dx

and they

• 5 months later...

Hello again

Seems I jinxed this a bit.

We have managed to transfer the balance of his Vanquis credit card to a Halifax credit card at 0%

interest in the first 18months. I guess his credit got better.

He has now paid off his Capital One and he is on his way to clear his debt by paying his Halifax balance transfer in 18 months.

But unfortunately we received in the post a letter from Dukes Bailiffs looking for what I believe his CCJ debt.

We dont even know whether it is that or not but the amount of money seems to be.

We have sent letters to council requesting proof that we owe this because to be honest I have no letters anywhere saying or proving he owes this money.

I believe if they are chasing us now, we need to pay for this correct?

Now he only "owns" a car that he is finishing paying for next June but its a broken car and he is now riding his bike to work because financially we cant pay for all.

I can try pay off his car and try and sell it but broken wont give us much money,

but it should be all he has.

Any comments on this?

I am his girlfriend and I am trying very hard on this. He is the kind of guy who bins every letter making me absolutely crazy and he is a good guy but very bad with finances but I honestly believe I have helped him a lot through the past year!

Adriana

• 2 months later...
how to delete my posts?

You cant.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread