BankFodder BankFodder

atticus100

ADVANTIS and HMRC overpaid tax credits

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1573 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All

Advantis are chasing me and my wife for £3433.13 for an overpayment of tax credits.

I was made bankrupt three years ago and I'm pretty sure the overpayment to which they are referring was from before that time.

If the debt was before the bankruptcy (which was initiated by the HMRC on a separate matter) shouldn't it have been included in the bankruptcy petition?

My wife is named separately on the account so I would figure that even before we disputed the amount it should only be for her share and not mine if mine was cleared with the bankruptcy.

Also, what is Advantis' role in this?

They claim to have been sent the account by HMRC but will not confirm whether or not they purchased the debt.

They are also claiming that they can only send me any paperwork they have on me if I request it in writing and pay them £10.00

for it.

Any views would be very welcome.

Cheers

Mike

you totally ignore advantis

they are a dCA

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER.

if you do owe anything

deal with HMRC directly.

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:6449422593&ie=UTF-8&q=advantis+HMTC&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=advantis%20HMTC&gsc.page=1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.