Vodafone, porting numbers, surely it cant be that hard :( #12621297

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a customer of Vodafone for many many years now, last year I decided to move my Vodafone contract number from contract when it came to the end of the contract to Vodafone PAYG, a simple task I thought, oh no, people could phone me and txt me but I couldn't reply, all I could do was use the data allowance, many times I contacted Vodafone and each time I was assured it would be fixed within 24 hours, it never was, so I decided to stop going around in circles and take out a new monthly contract as I had better luck with that.

So here I am now with a PAYG that receives but cannot send and a new contract SIM with of course new number which I don't want, so I complete the online form to port the PAYG over to the new contract SIM, again I think this will be simple, many people each day do this, no it fails, the number leaves PAYG and enters some sort of black hole, never reaching the contract, a days go by and still no action, I am still on the new unwanted number, during this time it is my birthday, nobody can call me to wish me happy birthday :(, I contact customer services via the 'chat' I give up after ages being passed from one call centre person to the next, I get dizzy.

A further 2 weeks go by, and still I don't have my old number back, I complete the online form again, this time I get an email saying the old number is no longer active :(

Again I contact Vodafone via 'chat', again I passed around 4 times, before they give up this time and tell me to dial 191 as they have more access to the system than they do, so I do this, 36 minutes I am on the phone, I get passed around a bit, I lost count how many people I spoke to but it was a lot, I am told the 'back office' team messed up with the port and it will have to go back to them to sort out, it coule take 48 hours. I dont hold out much hope.

Anybody else had nightmare times porting numbers over with Vodafone

Hi IanBlack,

I'm sorry to see that you've had difficulties with transferring your number.

If you still need help with this, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'CAGicon Forum'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

I have completed the contact us form, did you receive it, if you could help me port over my old number to the new contract it would be appreciated. I have swapped the SIM today to see if the old number is active on PAYG but doesn't look like as I am getting 'No Service'

Regards

Ian

Hi Lee,

I have completed the contact us form, did you receive it, if you could help me port over my old number to the new contract it would be appreciated. I have swapped the SIM today to see if the old number is active on PAYG but doesn't look like as I am getting 'No Service'

Regards

Ian

Did you get an auto-reply to the form, and if so, do you now have a reference number. If you post it here, that'd help Lee (+/- the site team might add it to the thread title..........)

If you didn't get an email reply either it got stopped (spam filter?), or the form may not have submitted correctly....

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have added your response number to the thread title for ease of reference.

Vodafone have had this problem for some time. They did update their systems which may have had the effect of screwing things up however, that should have no impact on you.

The failure to act is one we have seen time and again on CAG and VF are doing themselves no favours by prolonging the pain.

I suggest that you file a Formal Complaint in writing to the head office. Stay off the phone and 'live chat'. At the moment, VF are not treating this as a formal complaint due to the fact they actually haven't had one so until you do so, they can take as long as they like to resolve this.

Once you have complained formally, they have 8 weeks to sort it out otherwise you can then go to the Ombudsman for them to take over for you.

Head your letter Formal Complaint so that there is no uncertainty and send by signed for deliver. That way they cannot deny receiving it.

One of the VF web team may want to speak to you on the phone. That is OK so long as they agree to follow up in an email what was agreed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi IanBlack,

I'm sorry to see that you've had difficulties with transferring your number.

If you still need help with this, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'CAGicon Forum'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

HEY...Vodafone. Why don't you get this sorted on-line ON THIS FORUM so people can see how you operate? There seems to be a common policy to do things (ironically) on the phone. Is this to make it difficult to trace back EXACTLY what happened?

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your time last week.

Since we spoke, I've sent you a couple of updates.

As promised, I'll check your account again tomorrow and update you then.

Chipper64 - I'll reply to your thread here in a moment.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

This is not good enough. The OP started this thread on the 9th of this month having already suffered for at least two weeks previously.

So we are now over a month later with still no progress. Ridiculous!

I would assume this has not been logged as a Formal Complaint and as such VF can take as long as they want to sort what should be a very simple issue.

If you haven't made a FC, do so. Even if the issue gets resolved, the time taken to do so is grounds enough and VF should be making one of their famous 'Goodwill Gestures' ( which of course they mean, "We screwed up but don't want to admit it.")

Once the OFCOM investigation is complete and they find VF 'guilty' of poor customer service, my betting is that the penalty issued, while large, will be a drop in the ocean and won't make a heap of difference to VF as they seem to be above the rules.

Big sign on the doors of Vodafone. "Abandon all common sense upon entering!"

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE