Xercise4Less / CRS / Harlands problem

Mr 13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm just a bit wary of cluttering up the forum, so I have decided not to start a new thread. I too have issues with Xcersise 4 Less.

I'll try and summarise because I've been passed from pillar to post as I'm sure most of us have.

Initially, my friend must have referred me, I was given a phone call by a member of staff there offering a £10 a month membership. He set up the direct debit there and then and then gave me the pin.

He advised me that I could just cancel the Direct Debit should circumstances change, similar to pure gym.

Cutting a long story short, circumstances changed (I started training at a boxing gym) cancelled the direct debit and started getting the numerous letter with charges piled on.

I made the mistake of calling Harlands/X4L head office and was passed back and forth. I point out to the head office how it was missold, I received no contract (they made up an email address) and they just terminate the call.

I work as a mortgage advisor so I'm conscious to make sure my credit file is clear or I will lose my job.

I just need to clarify a few things because I'm considering going to the solicitor with regards to this saga.

Can the default me if I ignore their letters?

Can they file a CCJ against me?

Where do you suggest I go from here?

Thanks in advance

Hi Mr 13 and welcome to CAG

We've been dealing with Harlands for many years and they will not affect your CRA records at all. IMHO, you have no need to speak to, or pay for, a solictor.

They will not take court action in 99.99% of cases so a CCJ is highly unlikely.

To enable us to advise better, can you tell us :-

1. When you joined the gym.

2. Do you know if it was a 12 month minimum agreement, or a rolling monthly one.

3. When did you cancel the DD mandate.

4. When you called them, was it X4Less or Harlands that you spoke to.

When you answer our Q's, we can suggest your next best moves.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)