old Cash 4 u Now loan - 1st Stop REcoveries /Opus Chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

i've been viewing the forums for a while but this is my first time posting. I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on what to do next please..

1st Stop Recoveries have send me several emails over the last few days requesting me to call them and make a payment quoting a reference number, but have not given me any details as to what this relates to. I then send the below this morning:

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed. I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question and await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

they have since replied explaining that they have purchased my account from Cash 4 U Now and have attached a print out of the agreement.

My questions are, should i not have been informed by Cash 4 u Now that this debt was being sold? I have also received emails this week from a company called Opus Limited in reference to the same debt, who should i be replying to (i sent them the same email but have had no response). The loan agreement also wasnt signed, is it enforceable?

Im just not sure where to to with this next to resolve it and certainly dont want to phone and give payment details in case they empty my account.

Thanks all

Frankly I don't think you should have replied to any of them. I think it was a big mistake.

If you have been watching these forms for some time then you would have been better off asking for advice as to what to do before you took action.

I should hold off doing anything more until you receive a proper communications with the post. Then come back here.

You might even consider cancelling your existing email address so that when they email you in future they simply get bouncebacks

As Bankfodder says do nothing if you answer these emails that have no information they will say to themselves we got another mug. Wait until someone writes to you with the informatiob you need to see to tell 1, if its your debt and if it is post ifo here so the experts can tell you what to do next

dpick

thank you guys.

I would have ignored it but am hoping to apply for a mortgage soon and have worked hard to get my credit rating back up over the last 2 years, I guess I panicked a bit when I received the emails. I've checked experian and there's nothing on there, having problems registering with clear score as they need further proof of address etc