style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked at private car park of my solicitor with his permission.

However, I did not display visitor's pass,

as I only went there to sign a document and was seen straight away.

I never received ticket,

app. 10 days later,

I've received a letter from company called Private Parking Solutions (London) Ltd. with PCN.

The letter was sent later then it was dated.

I wrote to them and asked my solicitor to write to them as well, which he has done.

Never the less, they rejected my explanations and told me that I must pay or could appeal to IAS,

which is independent authority.

This company IAS accepts only online appeals, and hence I completed the form and was waiting to their decision.

I never received any reply from them.

On Saturday I received a letter from debt collection agency UCS, which demands now £160.00

( initial fine was £100.00 or £60.00 if paid within 14 days and I started appeal within that period).

The letter is stating that my appeal was rejected.

That "Independent Adjudicators" are actually a private company number 08248531. I

feel as they all part of the same gang and only interested to get as much as they can away with.

IAS has no telephone number and I could only email them via their website,

but since I did not receive any respond from them in the past,

I am not sure they will bother with replying to me now.

I will really appreciate if somebody could advise me if I have to pay PCN if I parked on private car park with owner's permission?

And also even if PCN is valid,

how should I deal with the fact that no reply was sent to me and that Independent Adjudicators

are private company not some sort of authorities?

Is it even legal?

Could anybody advise me?

I went to sign some documents by a notary and parked outside his office on their car park, which he allows me,

but usually I ask for a visitor pass.

However, on that date I saw him straight away and hence did not bother with a pass.

A couple of weeks later I received a letter from London Parking Solutions with PCN.

I appealed and also asked the notary, who is also the owner of that LLP to write to them, which he did.

They ignored his plea and rejected my appeal,

I appeal to ISA, never received any reply from them,

and on Saturday received a letter from UCS, debt collection agency

stating that my appeal was rejected and now I have to pay additional administration fee or they take me to court.

I email them about never receiving ISA decision, but how can I proof it?

Also they never provided any evidences of how long I was parked there etc.

Should I pay whole amount or offer £60.00 on basis that as far as I know

my case is still on hold and only by receiving this letter

I became aware that the Private Parking Solutions are still demanding their fee?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The event took place on 23/11/2015/

I received a letter from them them on 7/12/2015, but it was dated 25/11/2015.

I email them on 8/12/2015.

I acknowledged that I parked on private property, but stated that I had verbal permission from the business owner

and that normally I have a visitor's pass, which I receive after I park from their reception

and have to return it before I leave.

As I stayed only a few minutes, I did not obtain a pass this time.

The owner of business emailed to them too supporting my appeal on the 17/12/2015,

but they reply to him that they do not deal with the third party.

After they rejected my appeal, I appeal to IAS upon their advise.

This company IAS accepts appeals submitted only via their website,

not phone number to contact them,

no facility to send the copy of your appeal to yourself-nothing.

They never reply to me and now I received a letter from UCS, debt collector,

who ask me to pay £160.00 or they will take matter to court.

What I am particularly upset about,

is the fact that I never was notified of rejection and on what grounds,

that they are sending postdated letters,

the UCS letter was dated 2/2/16 as posted,

but on the stamp the date is 4/2/16.

They refer me for an appeal not to the Independent Adjudicators, but private limited company,

probably their sister company.

The communication with IAS is really difficult and one sided, so I have no idea if they will respond this time.

Hello, I posted all particulars, would any body care to reply?

Please give us time, Natalie. People here are volunteers and have their own lives to live as well as helping on CAG. People should be along later, if you would bear with us.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

[ Bites tongue ]

I will....

If the owner of the business stated that you can park in that businesses parking space, then that is all the authority you need.

Does the car park service any other businesses?

As you haven't answered yet, I'll ask another question.

Have you actually appealed to POPLA?

PPS london are BPA. The OP has confused things by not actually mentioning POPLA, just IAS... ( which of course POPLA is, but the BPA's IAS ) . Thread title needs changing!

Hi

I take it the solicitor does not own the land to which the PPC tried it on.

PPC are a very small company and as far as I can find out, they have taken nobody to court.

I also assume that the IAS you refer to is POPLA as if not and you have appealed to the IPC version then you have done the wrong thing. Nothing too much to worry about though as you can ignore them if you wish.

What I would like to see though, is the letter from UCS. Does it have a full name (ultimate credit services??) and does it have a registered address (look at the bottom of the letter) and a registration number.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

have you still got the origianl letter you received?

If so post it up or copy it out and say if it contains any evidence of the parking event such as time stamped photographs.

FYI, the IAS is owned by the 2 people who are partners in Gladstones solicitors

who own the IPC so there is a massive conflict of interest as they instruct themselves.

You are worrying too much about this,

ignore anything from a debt collector as they dont actually have any powers to do or say anything.

When we know the content of the Notice to keeper we can tell you what you should be doing next.

Fir the future, if you get a demand from a parking company the last thing you want to be doing is acknowledging that the keeper and driver are one and the same,

the law separates the two so we fight them as one or the other as it is more likely the parkimg co slips up by their procedures if you stick to them.

I parked at private car park of my solicitor with his permission.

However, I did not display visitor's pass,

as I only went there to sign a document and was seen straight away.

I never received ticket,

app. 10 days later,

I've received a letterlink3.gif from company called Private Parking Solutions (London) Ltd. with PCN.

The letter was sent later then it was dated.

A couple of weeks later I received a letter from London Parking Solutions with PCN.

Should I pay whole amount or offer £60.00 on basis that as far as I know

my case is still on hold and only by receiving this letter

I became aware that the Private Parking Solutions are still demanding their fee?

Can the OP please confirm what the PPC is actually called...

Please give us time, Natalie. People here are volunteers and have their own lives to live as well as helping on CAG. People should be along later, if you would bear with us.

HB

Sorry. I just could not see my topic in recent posts and thought somehow it's disappeared. I appreciate that people do not have to help and have their own lives.

[ Bites tongue ]

I will....

If the owner of the business stated that you can park in that businesses parking space, then that is all the authority you need.

Does the car park service any other businesses?

Hello,

There are a few different businesses and the owner of the business does not own the land, he rent the premises.

He and his staff all have passes to park their, they can have visitors and have a visitor's pass, which I normally obtain from them.

However, I have to park first, go to the reception, obtain the pass, display it and return when leave.

The car is left without a pass for a few minutes anyway, while I am obtaining and returning pass.

That time I saw the notary straight away, he witness my signature and I went home.

The time on the ticket 10.23 without stating how long I was there.

As you haven't answered yet, I'll ask another question.

Have you actually appealed to POPLA?

PPS london are BPA. The OP has confused things by not actually mentioning POPLA, just IAS... ( which of course POPLA is, but the BPA's IAS ) . Thread title needs changing!

I replied to IAS as was advised and never received their reply. Can I still appeal to POPLA? I definitely will prefer to appeal to proper authority on this matter, not been directed to a private company, who as far as I care could be part of the same group.

Did anybody ever deal with IAS? And what do I do with this UCS debt collectors?

I read again the information on their letter regarding the appeal. They state that I have to appeal to IAS, no mentioning POPLA and also state that I will loose the right to pay reduced fee, if my appeal is rejected.

Then conveniently did not notify me about the decision and add extra £60.00 for admin fee.

Hi

PPC are a very small company and as far as I can find out, they have taken nobody to court.

I also assume that the IAS you refer to is POPLA as if not and you have appealed to the IPC version then you have done the wrong thing. Nothing too much to worry about though as you can ignore them if you wish.

What I would like to see though, is the letter from UCS. Does it have a full name (ultimate credit services??) and does it have a registered address (look at the bottom of the letter) and a registration number.

UCS is Ultimate Customer Solutions, it's their trading name. Their registered as SolutionLabs Ltd. with registered office at Preston Park House, South Road, Brighton, BN1 6SB , Reg. number 09075434

Hi

I agree, I made a mistake by appealing to that IAS, should off done my research first.

But I really did not think that the company in question will use their own Independent Adjudicator.

I believed that IAS is set up by government, after all their website is registered as org.co not as co.uk

Now they actually using the recent case of Parking Eye v Beavis (UKSC 2015/0116), I guess because I wrote to them and admitted that I parked there and explain the case as I explained it here.

Can I still write to POPLA, asking them to look at this case? Or I should ignore the fine?

The PPC is;

And I would guess UCS is ;

Which is a trading name for;

Who are ex Poxburghe......

I had to remove links to post my reply, but this is exactly my point. Is it even legal?

At the moment, there is nothing to do. I suspect that if you ignore them, they will go away. Parking companies are supposed to give a 'grace' period allowing you to get a ticket or a pass. This was not done so they have failed on that score.

They didn't specify how long you parked before issuing the ticket so they have failed on that too.

Did you get the statement to appeal to the IAS in written form? Was there a code on the rejection? If, as I suspect, they have deliberately confused you with which appeals service to go to, that is also a fail and a written complaint to POPLA may be considered.

I don't feel that a court case will happen (but you never know) so personally, I would continue to ignore the diatribes from any other person. (UCS can do nothing anyway)

The only time to respond is when a Letter Before Action or court papers appear.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Can the OP please confirm what the PPC is actually called...

I am not sure who is OP, but on the original letter the company name stated as London Parking Solutions, registered address 104 Colney Road, Dartford, Kent, DA1 UH. Company number 06414401, but for payment they direct to PCN Parking Solutions, their website http://www.paymypcn.net

You are the OP (original poster)

This changes things. We were under the assumption that this was a different company. Bear with us.

Originally you said it was Private Parking Solutions which is a member of the BPA

London Parking Solutions is a member of the IPC so the appeal to the IAS was the correct thing to do.

Why did the IAS not respond to your appeal? No idea.

At the moment, there is nothing to do. I suspect that if you ignore them, they will go away. Parking companies are supposed to give a 'grace' period allowing you to get a ticket or a pass. This was not done so they have failed on that score.

They didn't specify how long you parked before issuing the ticket so they have failed on that too.

Did you get the statement to appeal to the IAS in written form? Was there a code on the rejection? If, as I suspect, they have deliberately confused you with which appeals service to go to, that is also a fail and a written complaint to POPLA may be considered.

I don't feel that a court case will happen (but you never know) so personally, I would continue to ignore the diatribes from any other person. (UCS can do nothing anyway)

The only time to respond is when a Letter Before Action or court papers appear.

Well, I do not know what they have, what they have not.

They never responded to me,

never stated how long I was parked for.

Technically what will stop them to say that I was parked there longer.

However, they do not say that I stayed longer then should off,

they issued the penalty because it's private parking and had to display the parking permit.

My solicitors called them and tried to talk some sense to them,

but they are adamant I have to pay full amount of £160.00 and he just told me that he has done his best. :x

I think for him it's trivial matter, but for me it's not.:-(

its is NOT A FINE

it is NOT A PENALTY

look carefully

they do not use those words.

it s a speculative invoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Originally you said it was Private Parking Solutions which is a member of the BPA

London Parking Solutions is a member of the IPC so the appeal to the IAS was the correct thing to do.

Yes, I made a mistake with a name. Who are IPC? Do clapper choose their own Adjudicator?

Have you got the origianl letter your received? If so post it up. The wording is absolutely critical so dont just guess what its said or what you think its intentions were.

However, the advice about ignoring anything other than a lba is still sound as the more you say to them the more you tie yourself in knots. At the moment they havent offered you the opportunity to appeal to the "independent" adjudicator so that will lose them any court claim regardless of the content of the claim.

its is NOT A FINE

it is NOT A PENALTY

look carefully

they do not use those words.

it s a speculative invoice

dx

Yes, you are right they call it PCN for No Valid Permit on Display.

My previous dealings with UCS;

Thank you for your reply, armadillo71. I cannot open downloaded file though.

Have you got the origianl letter your received? If so post it up. The wording is absolutely critical so dont just guess what its said or what you think its intentions were.

However, the advice about ignoring anything other than a lba is still sound as the more you say to them the more you tie yourself in knots. At the moment they havent offered you the opportunity to appeal to the "independent" adjudicator so that will lose them any court claim regardless of the content of the claim.

Please see attached

I have unapproved the attachment. can you please remove all identifying features.

Name

address

reg number

PCN number

any barcodes

the convert it to a pdf file and upload again.

Nobody else can see the picture so don't worry about that

I am sorry for being slow, but what is IPC? There are a few company/agencies/whatever under these abbreviations?

here is the original letter, both sides.

I read the decision in the Parking Eye v Beavis case on the Independent Parking Committee site. It seems to me that I have to pay the charge, but do I have to pay additional cost and also, I have an email about all charges put on hold, while I am appealing. However, in the letter they are saying that I loose right to reduced charge if I appeal.

I read the decision in the Parking Eye v Beavis case on the Independent Parking Committee site. It seems to me that I have to pay the charge, but do I have to pay additional cost and also, I have an email about all charges put on hold, while I am appealing. However, in the letter they are saying that I loose right to reduced charge if I appeal.

Are there any implications to my case by the Supreme Court ruling above?

docs 1.pdf