style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Boris Johnson.

I think there is another being built the other side of London at the moment and people are complaining about the traffic delays being created.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It doesn't make sense, cyclists will get killed and they are not even insured. What ever next, hover boards on the motorway ?

Not the biggest fan of cyclists, I see them jumping red lights every day. I got abuse back when I called someone out for doing it. But then they moan that the roads 'aren't safe enough for cyclists'. Stop riding like idiots then!

Not the biggest fan of cyclists, I see them jumping red lights every day. I got abuse back when I called someone out for doing it. But then they moan that the roads 'aren't safe enough for cyclists'. Stop riding like idiots then!

Expect a lot of abuse from the pro Boris brigade.

One day I'm gonna load all cyclist footage from my dashcam on youtube so maybe someone will understand that they're in danger because they're reckless.

Yesterday night at Hammersmith Broadway a cyclist was overtaking two lorries stuck in traffic on a bend.

He squeezed between the lorries and the kerb and off he went.

Passed the first lorry and started to pass the second.

He was pushing the bike with his right foot on the kerb because there was no gap.

Traffic started moving and he started shouting while the lorry moved.

He jumped on the kerb and left his bike.

Lorry driver then realised he was there and stopped.

Cyclist was swearing at the lorry driver who had done nothing wrong and I had to say something.

The cyclists was adamant that what he did was perfectly fine.

I wished him good luck.

I ride a motorbike and I know how dangerous it is to be on two wheels, but you have to help yourself by not being reckless.

Expect a lot of abuse from the pro Boris brigade.

One day I'm gonna load all cyclist footage from my dashcam on youtube so maybe someone will understand that they're in danger because they're reckless.

Yesterday night at Hammersmith Broadway a cyclist was overtaking two lorries stuck in traffic on a bend.

He squeezed between the lorries and the kerb and off he went.

Passed the first lorry and started to pass the second.

He was pushing the bike with his right foot on the kerb because there was no gap.

Traffic started moving and he started shouting while the lorry moved.

He jumped on the kerb and left his bike.

Lorry driver then realised he was there and stopped.

Cyclist was swearing at the lorry driver who had done nothing wrong and I had to say something.

The cyclists was adamant that what he did was perfectly fine.

I wished him good luck.

I ride a motorbike and I know how dangerous it is to be on two wheels, but you have to help yourself by not being reckless.

Yeah I get abuse from them too. I for some reason find joy in going though cyclist helmet cams on YouTube where they are slagging off drivers for bad driving, and point out all of the laws they broke. Then watch as they try to justify why they are allowed to ride on a pavement etc. Even one where a cyclist stopped and had a go at a stationary car driver for blocking the road, there was an island in the road and the cycle path was ended and started again after the squeeze point, yet the cyclists felt inclined to have a go at him about it??

I cycle and drive, no one group are angels...

There are good and bad cyclists and likewise with drivers. A bit of mutual respect and consideration goes a long way. If you're getting abuse, ask why...

I can't understand why a competent driver would, unless stuck in traffic, deliberately stop in a pinch point. Likewise when people stuck in traffic insist on weaving from side to side to try to see what's happening and reduce the already narrow gap to the pavement even further. But, then I can also see the frustration with cyclists riding irresponsibly. Give each other space and be patient, you're only able to go as fast as the car infront - which in London was an average of about 8mph across the city, so please don't be upset that someone can do double that on a pushbike.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

I guess it's horses for courses really. I don't see many bikes doing 40mph down a 30mph limit road but then I do see people riding their bike on the pavement that the driver has also parked his car on.

Like I said, no angels.

And, given the level of animosity between the two groups I'd have thought that a well implemented plan to keep the two separate would have been universally welcomed. Especially in London where people seem to be perpetually late and so drive/ride/walk with so little regard for anyone but themselves.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

I guess it's horses for courses really. I don't see many bikes doing 40mph down a 30mph limit road but then I do see people riding their bike on the pavement that the driver has also parked his car on.

Like I said, no angels.

And, given the level of animosity between the two groups I'd have thought that a well implemented plan to keep the two separate would have been universally welcomed. Especially in London where people seem to be perpetually late and so drive/ride/walk with so little regard for anyone but themselves.

The only problem with the separated lanes is that there's now double the traffic where the cycle highways have been built.

Going from two lanes to one to accommodate cyclists is wrong in many many ways.

I invite anyone to come to the embankment at any time of the day and see what Boris has done by reducing the road to one lane.

And then he moans about pollution.

Joke!

It's difficult to encourage people to use a less polluting means of transport if it involves taking your life in your hands because people are distracted or vying for an extra six inches of road because they're of the belief that they'll get to their destination that little bit quicker. Providing safer alternatives is the key to reducing pollution.

and, of course, every person who decides to use the CSH is one less car on the road meaning less traffic and less pollution.