Partner's Employer Refuses Pay Rise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Partner is a skilled welder/fabricator.

Been with current employer for 24 years.

Currently on £9.67 per hour.

Older brother took over firm some time ago, for 8 years has refused my partner pay rise every year.

Boss wont say why he refuses an annual pay rise.

Because of the cost of living going up and his wages not reflecting on this, anything my partner can do?

Sadly there is very little that can be done. No employer is legally obliged to offer an annual payrise, except to meet the statutory requirement to pay the National Minimum Wage.

Beyond writing a formal grievance the suggestion would unfortunately be as above - look elsewhere

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I bet he gets an offer the day he hands in his notice to work for the company's nearest competitor. That would be the first place I would contact regarding any vacancies.

he hasnt had a pay rise because he HAS been there 24 years and is still there despite the crap wage for a skilled person.

I bet he gets an offer the day he hands in his notice to work for the company's nearest competitor. That would be the first place I would contact regarding any vacancies.

he hasnt had a pay rise because he HAS been there 24 years and is still there despite the crap wage for a skilled person.

I second this and add that professional welders are a very rare breed nowadays and very expensive to hire.

He would get a job in no time at double the wage in my experience.

They pay £10/hour to Starbucks supervisors with no particular skills.

Time for a change