Vodafone will not pay any compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there everyone,

I have been with Vodafone for almost 15 years on a PAYG customer and for the last 2 weeks I have had problems with non-existent reception. Let me tell the story in short....

As I have received a new mobile phone (which works with micro sim card only ) I wanted to shift my old phone number from the old phone and old sim card (bigger sim) to the New Phone that only works with Micro Simcard.

Problems started : for 2 weeks I have spent hours being in touch with the Live chat Vodafone operators (calls and internet) and after so many Micro sim cards that I already changed - One of the Live chat operator agreed and accepted that I am entitled to Compensation.

I do know that failure of reception for more than 3 consecutive days the customers are entitled to compensation.....

Finally after the Live chat Operator (that tried to give me a 300 minutes and 500mb data as compensation but I did not agree....) told me to ring 191 in order to get the right compensation as he does not have enough permission to offer more, I have spent time again in getting the right compensation and I was asking that my loss in these days were in amount of £120. ( I needed the phone to make emergency calls as I had an elderly member of family in hospital abroad)..the thing was that although I explained clearly what I required (compensation of at least £50.00 worth minutes) he sounded very rude and decided to write a letter to the Head Office and see what they will be telling me.....

To mention that over 15 years all my family have been customers (pay as you go) with them paying a monthly thousands of pounds yearly.....but should the answer of the Head Office will not be satisfactory I will be trying to get my family and friends to change the Network Provider just because I pay for something that supposed to work...... but it didn't.

Wait a few more days and see...

ddviolin.gif

I can't imagine why you should think that Vodafone, or any other company for that matter, have any notion of any kind of loyalty to long-standing customers. They don't.

On the other hand, I have to say that the level of compensation that you are asking for seems to me to be very much on the high side. I think that you would have to show very clearly that those were your actual losses and you would also have to show that the losses were a foreseeable consequence of the lack of service.

You I have difficulty doing that – but if you think that you have got that kind of evidence then please let us know.

Clearly if there is been a failure of service then you should be entitled to something. Let me tell you that from looking at other Vodafone threads on this forum, Vodafone seem to think that once you are tied into a contract, it doesn't matter whether they provide your service or not, that they are still entitled to full payment. If you fail to make full payment then they will simply start to hound you, to blight your credit file and eventually to disconnect you and then when you want to be reconnected they will charge you a reconnection fee.

This is Vodafone's view of how the world works.

I don't think that giving you free minutes and extra data is necessarily appropriate compensation. If you wouldn't use up that functionality during a normal months use, then the extra service that they want to provide you with is meaningless. They should of course be providing you with money compensation or credit towards your next payment or top up. On the other hand, if those free minutes can be carried across from one month to another month on your pay-as-you-go card then that is probably reasonable enough.

Has your service been restored now?

Hi Bankfodder,

Thank you for your reply.

Right...as a precaution I do not sign anymore contracts....lesson learned over the years....so I thought it would be ok to go as pay as you go - being easy to manage money.

I might asking a bit too much but by looking into the matter it is half of what I lost. So....called for hours Vodafone (10 hours in total - over the phone)....then around 5 hours over the internet... plus the hassle and the crazy time I spent in sorting it out as my family member was sick...and didn't know what happened, which hospital is and so on....

- Now as the minimum per economy would be - lets say £5.00 (forgetting the extra £1.56 added in the last years) that would get me to around £150.00. To mention that the last day I went to the shop taking few hours off from work to sort out the issue but lucky enough I had a young boy that did tell me what happened actually by looking to the account and sort it out for me.

So yes, the reception is back and I do have enough reception lines to make a phone call after more than 2 weeks of not being able to use my phone....although the Hospital time is gone. So when I needed the phone the most Vodafone let me down.

Also why Vodafone would make such a big difference between PAYG and Contract customers??? I am paying around £300 per year.... but I really think that these money would have to go elsewhere better...

No worries Vodafone....I will be definitely more wise next time while you siting and losing more and more.

Bankfodder you were saying that it would be good to transfer the minutes from one month to the next one but the offer was only for 30 days - so No I did not take up the offer as so far although I am(still) PAYG customer, Vodafone has a contract to fulfil.

I know I am asking too much to provide a basic service and products these days but the money are not cropping up just like that. I work too much for them so I do not want to be messed around.

dd

I had a run with virgin mobile a few years ago.

I ended up cancelling my two contracts and convince 6 colleagues to do the same (strangely they had all been overcharged for years).

I then sent an email to the CEO listing all the account numbers that were cancelled because they refused to refund the £150 they overcharged me.

It was around £150/month loss for them.

They never replied.

Do the same thing, vote with your feet and those of all your relatives and let them know.

At least you will have a moral victory

Hi there everyone,

As I am waiting the month to end and that is because I have already got the £30.00 deal I am just shopping around at the moment....Can not wait to take all my family with me once got out of February.....

Once gone is too late to go back as I have done it in the past with BT (20 years ago when they overcharged me - and I haven't returned since no matter what). I am not calling Vodafone anymore on my precious time but instead waiting for the right day to move for good.

How much time people need to realise that we have the money in the pocket and if we not give then anything they will be out of business..... Managers and especially Owners are chasing up big bonuses by coming up with financial targets out of the blue, missing out the most important things...us customers.

Good bye for now Vodafone...you are just a past for me and anyone I know drool.gif

dd

Hi DD,

I'm sorry that you've decided to leave us.

If you still need help with transferring your number to the replacement SIM, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'CAG Forum'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Edited by citizenB

Lee, edit made as requested :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi DD,

I'm sorry that you've decided to leave us.

If you still need help with transferring your number to the replacement SIM, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'CAG Forum'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

Many thanks for your reply.

I don't need transferring the phone number anymore as it has been sorted out by somebody in the Vodafone shop already.

What I wanted was just extra minutes as a goodwill gesture - let's say 500 minutes and whatever data and texts extra , but the minutes to be carried from month to month until exhausted....(so if I use 200 min this month then the 300 min left to be added to my plan next month)... That is all. Nothing else I have asked.

I have been offered 100 min, 500mb and 300 texts....Sorry to say but it is not something I would have taken as after 1 week of not getting any reception I think I could be compensated a bit better....

Let me know Lee if you can help here as I am very serious of getting rid of Vodafone at the end of February.

Thank you,

dd

Hi DD,

Thanks for coming back to me.

As our Pay as you go bundles expire after 30 days, I wouldn't be able to add one where the unused allowances carried over.

If you'd like to discuss alternative options, email me with a contact number only at [email protected] and quote 'WRT135' in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi DD,

Thanks for coming back to me.

As our Pay as you go bundles expire after 30 days, I wouldn't be able to add one where the unused allowances carried over.

If you'd like to discuss alternative options, email me with a contact number only at [email protected] and quote 'WRT135' in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

As requested I have sent you a message and I do hope that you will be looking into it.

Many thanks and I shall wait for your reply.

dd

Hi DD,

Although I wasn't in the office during the weekend, I'll aim to get back to you later today.

Hi Lee,

If you can pm here on this site it would be great as the email given is not the one I can use but it is from one of my colleague I used to work with.

Many thanks,

dd

I had a run with virgin mobile a few years ago.

I ended up cancelling my two contracts and convince 6 colleagues to do the same (strangely they had all been overcharged for years).

I then sent an email to the CEO listing all the account numbers that were cancelled because they refused to refund the £150 they overcharged me.

It was around £150/month loss for them.

They never replied.

Do the same thing, vote with your feet and those of all your relatives and let them know.

At least you will have a moral victory

Hi King12345,

Sorry I have missed your reply somehow. Yes....you are right. I believe that it is time to get back what we lost but if not...turn around, find something else better and let them dry up. Years by and they will be begging people to come back....Too little too late. drool.gif

Hi DD,

As I'm unable to communicate with you via private message, please email me again using the contact details provided in post 11.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

Any updates with my case here??? Received nothing yet....

Thanks

Hi Lee,

Any updates with my case here??? Received nothing yet....

Thanks

Hi DD,

I contacted you earlier this week.

As it wasn't convenient for you, we arranged that I'd call you again on 25 February.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi DD,

I contacted you earlier this week.

As it wasn't convenient for you, we arranged that I'd call you again on 25 February.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

Many thanks...sorry I am abroad and will be back by then... I shall talk to you on the 25th then and hopefully ....will be able to change my mind before the 1st of March...

dd

Vodafone seems to be worse than EE

Hi there footballplayer,

To tell you the truth...I had a very good experience for so many years (minus a few little things - which I am not even worried). So, by google EE problems I can see so many problems .... Hope that Vodafone will not get there as there is no return for myself and anyone else, although pending their answer will switch to something even better for good. Believe it or not I have found a better way of calling for much cheaper than any other network provider ever.... When the time is right will update things.

dd