Just won against EE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right.

I think this email will provide with the summary

Hi

I am officially writing this complaint in regards to the previous complaint that I made, reference is attached above. This is also an official complaint all the disgraceful guidance and service i have received as mentioned below. Basically, I spoke to the advisor in lengths about EE/Tmobile putting 'wrong'default on my credit report even when I successfully paid all my bills on time and fully cleared it. The advisor first said "I have an outstanding October 2013 balance that remains unpaid". But the actual default which was wrong anyway was recorded on May 2014. I queried this with the advisor and he said he passed this dispute to the relevant department who will contact me. Now that was his last reply on 23/12/2015. We are more than a month into this and still no response. Another thing that proved I never missed my payment and paid all the bills on time was my line was never deactivated and I successfully upgraded my contract twice. Now this error caused by your poor staff had left me in severe distress. As I have been applying for mortgage to find a shelter and this utterly wrong default on my credit file has made my life very painful.

Worst thing is, your advisor was himself confused as he wasn't quite sure either how this was mistake happened. Now I have been a customer of Tmobile/EE since 2016 so I am into my 6th year. The way you have treated me is utterly graceful and terrible. I have successfully upgraded my contract twice. So assuming i missed a payment I wouldn't have ever allowed to upgrade and my line would be disconnected, right? But none happened because I am a responsible customer that has paid all bills.

Now, moving onto my second part of the complaint. I rang EE advisor last year sometime around August- September. Now i told the advisor I receive very very poor signal that makes it impossible to make calls or use my internet etc. The advisor reassured me with ee wifi call this will soon change. Now I have patiently waited to this day and still when im in my house etc i get no signal at all. And I am still paying all my monthly bill for no service at all. When I asked to find an amicable solution by leaving in order to find a network that actually works, I was quoted I would have to pay all my monthly charges to cancel my contract. This is deemed to be unacceptable as I shouldn't be paying for something I can't use.

Part three of the complaint, When I upgraded in 2013. I took iphone 5s along with an iPad mini. Now that my contract came to a close last year so before upgrading I told the advisor to cancel my iPad contract. Now that she told me at that time that I will be eligible for upgrade after 3-4 weeks but rest assured she cancelled my ipad contract as the contract came to end so I informed her. Now later on, I was found out I was still getting billed for the past next months. So I rang customer advisor and queried. He told me to my shock, the ipad was never cancelled and that he would make sure it is now. So, as I encountered financial difficulties in November as responsible customer I informed to the advisor so he offered me discount for 6 months.

And now currently to my suprise, once again in my bills I am still being charged for the iPad that I cancelled. Shockingly, in December I again spoke to the advisor to make sure iPad was cancelled and he said yes it was. This chain of events all mentioned above has caused me severe distress and stress. As none of the factors mentioned above were my fault.

And finally to sum it up, when I was offered this temporary discount package, I was told that if i go uptill £10 of extra allowance my services will be restricted automatically. Now this again hasn't been the case. In my recent bill I have been charged extra fkr going over when previously the advisor promised me there is a restriction of uptill £10 incase i go over so my services will be restricted. Your customer service has also been atrocious. I was told to ring the collections team in order to pay my discounted rental or any query I had should be taken to them. So in December, I rang the customer service. I told him to put me through collections team after explaining why etc. I was put through. Then when i was speaking to the collections advisor the line adruptly dropped. So I rang once again, only to be informed by the advisor the collections team don't speak to customers like that when I just spoke to them literally 5-10 mins ago. I queried and was put on 15-20 mins on hold. Then finally, a very rude collections advisor spoke to me as if i did something wrong in speaking to her. This is absolutely graceful and abysmal.

I have patiently waited for all of the above problems to be resolved but to no avail. This has caused me unimaginable stress. Now, inconclusion i have been treated terribly by EE. I have been constantly played around with. All of the events above caused by ee to me had severely distressed me. I have to go outside far away in the environment to make calls...and i am paying for all of my package. All the factors above has severely affected my life in a very bad manner. My health has also been affect by these problems caused by you, as I suffer from sharp left arm pains due to stress. Therefore the amicable solution will be to:

1) End the contract and the account to be marked as settled on my credit file.

2) Removal of the unknown, false default wrongly marked by EE from my account

3) Compensation for all the distress and medical problems it has caused me

If you don't adhere and acknowledge the complaint, I will be referring this to ombudsman and Ofcom.

Best Regards

My sister was the account holder and I was the bill payer. Paid every bill on time but all of a sudden they put default on my sisters CRA. We were shocked. Contact their credit department in December. The person dealing with this was confused as why the default was recorded. He said he would get back to me in two days but never replied again. Me and my sister wrote the above email etc

EE kept on charging me for the ipad I cancelled at the end of the contract last September.

I don't get any reception/signals where i live now from EE.

You can see all the above points in detail in the email. Spoke to their customer relations head today for 45 minutes. Was a very long and straight forward conversation as she saw the account and accepted the fault. Although she was quite rude and tried her best by giving replies like "oh sorry but you have to contact our 'this' department etc I can't do anything" i flipped. But in the end after this long conversation she agreed to terminate the contract and refund me for the wrong ipad charges I paid.

She said final bill of £119(outstanding balance) will come and i will need to pay that in 14 days. Also going to forward her the correspondence to get the wrong default removed

Mods, why am i not able to edit my posts? Wanted to add bit more description in my above post

I have responded to your private message with the answer :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You can only edit your posts a maximum of 10 minutes after posting. There are reasons for this.. you can always at more information at anytime. E by adding a new post or asking admin to do it for you...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

After all they've done to you, there's a final bill of £119 to pay???

Sorry, but i don't call that a victory.

I would go back to them and ask substantial compensation for the wrong record in the credit report.

By substantial I mean the £119 exit "fine" plus a couple of hundreds for the trouble.

I need advice. The woman called me today and said I would need to return the handset. I told her firstly she didn't tell me this on Saturday. I told her im more than happy to return the handset as long as the £119 on my account is waived away. She said no no no thats not possible and said she won't close the account until i have returned the handset and paid £119

What should i do?

They're fobbing you off.

They have done very wrong and want to continue taking money from you.

Write to the CEO again and let them know that you will take this matter further.

Then, if you are prepared to do so, start court action.

They have put a wrong default on your credit record and all the other stuff, and now want money that you don't owe them.

I would take it all the way

They're fobbing you off.

They have done very wrong and want to continue taking money from you.

Write to the CEO again and let them know that you will take this matter further.

Then, if you are prepared to do so, start court action.

They have put a wrong default on your credit record and all the other stuff, and now want money that you don't owe them.

I would take it all the way

I have launched the complaint with communication ombudsman. Going to forward them all the correspondence etc.

There ceo never replies. Emailed him several times. The customer relations head is a bully

You can only edit your posts a maximum of 10 minutes after posting. There are reasons for this.. you can always at more information at anytime. E by adding a new post or asking admin to do it for you...

I can't edit mine at all.... there's no edit facility on this site... TB

I have launched the complaint with communication ombudsman. Going to forward them all the correspondence etc.

There ceo never replies. Emailed him several times. The customer relations head is a bully

Don't expect anything good from ombudsman.

In my case they said that I was not due any refund because vm had overcharged me only a couple of pounds a month (for years).

So they reckon that it's ok to overcharge customers as long as it is a small amount.

Joke!

Take them to court

I am in abit of dilemma, i have registered the complaint with ombudsman. The pathetic advisor told me today morning she won't close my account until I return the handset and pay the balance. She said i will still incur charges until i have returned the handset. I don't want to pay at all as its in dispute. If I don't pay they will record default on my sisters account as she is the account holder.

Is there anyway i can ask the account to be frozen until its resolved?

I would start court proceedings immediately.

It's not expensive at all as it would be allocated to the small claim track.

Send them a letter before action via recorded delivery to their official head office address.

If they don't reply or refund in 14 days then you can start a claim via the mcol.

Plenty of reading about it on this forum.

Someone might advice better, however I would send them the phone with the letter before action to avoid another default on the credit record.

Make it clear that you consider the phone your own property and you're only sending it to avoid a further default.

Don't waste your time with the ombudsman, especially now that they have complicated things by asking for the phone back.

I would start court proceedings immediately.

It's not expensive at all as it would be allocated to the small claim track.

Send them a letter before action via recorded delivery to their official head office address.

If they don't reply or refund in 14 days then you can start a claim via the mcol.

Plenty of reading about it on this forum.

Someone might advice better, however I would send them the phone with the letter before action to avoid another default on the credit record.

Make it clear that you consider the phone your own property and you're only sending it to avoid a further default.

Don't waste your time with the ombudsman, especially now that they have complicated things by asking for the phone back.

Thanks for the advice king. But I am not quite sure if sending them a letter will make any difference as I have tried contacting their heads 5-6 times without any success.

In the meanwhile, as the dispute is with ombudsman do you reckon I should send them the phone? Even if i send it back, they want me to pay £119...to close the account otherwise they will put default on account

This time it will be a LETTER BEFORE ACTION which you will type in big bold letters as a title.

You must do this and give them 14 days to respond before launching court action. Only do this if you intend to take court action

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

As SabreSheep said, the letter before action is part of the pre action protocol.

You will have to send it to prove to the court that you tried to come to an amicable resolution.

Read about the pre action protocol, it's pretty straight forward.

Unfortunately if you want to avoid the default you will have to send them the phone and the £119.

From now on don't call them, put everything in writing because anything they say on the phone is simply hearsay.

You could record the calls, but better to keep things neatly in writing imo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks