Trouble with Gym

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh gee, this is annoying.

I had a really bad situation with a gym chain too. I cancelled my contract after around 6 months of going to the gym. After the termination of the contract they continued to subtract money from my account and claimed that the letter which terminated the contract never reached them. It took me 4 months to sort everything out as the chain was being so stubborn.

Hi Cassiopeia,

Was this a monthly gym m/ship or an initial 12 month agreement.

How did you resolve the problem.

Which gym was this.

Any DD's taken by a gym without your agreement or authority can be reclaimed using the DD Guarantee Scheme.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick,

no it wasn't a monthly gym membership. It was a six month contract but I terminated it within the notice period. But the gym, Fitness First, stated that the letter arrived too late, which could not have been the case ( unless the postage took like 3 weeks) . They then automatically prolonged the membership for another 3 months. Which I then paid as I had no proof that I send the letter on time.