BankFodder BankFodder

fletch70

PIP descriptor on taking and managing therapy

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1111 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Oh

Just for the record i do have the original application form, I also have all the details based on what they sent back for the appeal.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

3. As above PLUS if the claimant HAS their medication blister packed the you are assisted more than once a day (or more in some cases)

Aids can include alarms or reminders of any sort!

4. Assistance does not mean 'present' either, blister packs ARE assistance by their nature.

Interesting. I originally scored 0 points on this, despite only being able to use blister packs and not the childproof bottles and using an alarm. (also would mean I wouldn't lose my point now that I've changed asthma inhalers and now don't require a spacer)

Your second PDF needs further redacting as personal information is visible, please re-read and remove this information to protect your real life identity.... And that of your friend...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

These are at the top of page 3 and at paragraph 5 page 1 and page 2 para. 13 line 3

finally page 5 at 24 line 3

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Rather than make a new claim have you considered a change of circumstances' with better prepared reports from those that care or guide you, this includes GPs Hospital Consultants and the like? The more information the better.

Finally have a read here and let me know what you think >> http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal

fletch, I've unapproved the post with the attachments that contain personal information.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Mike

I didn't know I could apply for a change of circumstances at this point, I thought it would need to be a new claim - or win the appeal

I am going to have to find out more about it.

What has really confused the issue is there was a previous claim and the HCP used those documents as well and there had been a change in between

The whole thing is enough to drive you mad

On top of it all my Drs are some what new right - they missed so much off my medical records, or at least that is how it seemed

Another post and attachment unapproved, you've left your name in. Mikeymack is looking after you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Fletch have you considered a SAR to the Health service? Its by a long way the best way to get all of your information. Due to unforeseen circumstances (hack) it may take a little longer.

To give you an idea, the advisor that tried to appeal in a case recently had all the information but had laid out the appeal totally different to what would have worked, I advised on that one and the appeal was won. Trust me my friend it is all in the details and the words and gestures' used!

These forms you fill in are designed to help you fail in getting your claim because the answers given are easy to totally misunderstand. To give you an example.

Example.

Do you need any aids to assist you to cook? No.

In my case Yes!

Why do you need an aid?

I have had a stroke and I have a weakness on the right side of my body, my grip is affected. When cooking I use a saucepan, I have to use one that has a rubberised handle so I do not burn my hands on the handle it also helps me to grasp the handle better, I have burnt my hands often in the past. It is a safer pan to use to prevent harm to myself. I am also supervised when learning to cook.

This is just one question that gives you an idea on how you can wrongly answer it. By answering No you have shut down any chance of getting the help you need. It's not about lying it's being honest and fully understanding what is actually required to complete a task often and in a safe manner.

Hi again Mikey and thank you

As you can see my skills at picking up words and errors are really not that good.

The problem at the moment is time is against me. The Judge took 4 months to complete the statement of reasons and at this point I now have two weeks to get my request for an appeal to the UtT in.

I believe the judge is a solicitor in Leicester and although I can find the name of the practice with an alleged website, the website does not load and when I put his name into the SRA website I get nothing.

He was clearly biased as he said ' Well I take a lot of medication at different times and i don't need any help'

The person I had with me is not trained in law or even benefits, she is an incredibly helpful lady who works for the Students Union.

I believe I have found precedent to support my case on all three points but my appeal letter is currently 3 pages long although I am using headings and 1.5 spacing

I will look at the edited versions of my decisions again tomorrow when my eyes are less tired and see if i can find the problems

Sorry I should have said, yes I see exactky what you mean about the way you answer the questions and I did do that on the original claim form.

It seemed they were quite happy to accept physical ailments and my addiction problems because there were public records of them but anything that was directly MH related they didn't

For example , because my GP had not mentioned any side effects of any medication they assumed there were non

I do feel like just ripping it all up and starting again.

First of all stop looking for the Judge you will find a whole heap of hurt. Do not go down this route any further please.

Why not post up a redacted copy to view of what you have so far? I had an A4 box of information to sift and only 3 days to complete and write an appeal statement. The result was I was exhausted.. But the ends justified the result.

Take a break and consider asking a professional to assist you, we can advise to a point without having the evidence in front of us all of it, it appears you do not have all the required information either, please request the next appeal then politely ask for an adjournment. State you need to acquire further evidence to support your appeal this will normally be granted.

Lets leave it for tonight and pick up in the morning when you are more alert?

Mike

Cheers Mike.

What is it you want to see, what I have penned with regard to an appeal? Or some of the decisions that have been made.

If it is the latter I will go to uni and use there scanners as I can scan a whole bunch directly to file.

I am looking for professional representation, I was badly let down by a firm of charlatans 18 months ago although it didn't cost me anything directly.

I am told legal aid might cover it and also need to see if my contents insurance might help.

Hi

I a, still waiting for a call back from my contents insurance company but not holding out too much hope

This may make interesting reading for you, please see the attachment....

There are many more regarding different descriptors just goggle them to find out more

CPIP 1059 2015-00.pdf

Thanks Mike

It does indeed make interesting reading and seems entirely relevant to my case as it dates from a similar time