BankFodder BankFodder

fletch70

PIP descriptor on taking and managing therapy

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1110 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61733[/ATTACH]

Like the Dolt that I am, I forgot to upload what i am sending

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Mikey

Forgive me for being dense

I was looking at the facebook link

There has already been a MR so is it appropriate to send that letter do you think?

If you take in to account what the DWP say about meals. You may wish to remind them that beans on toast for a diabetic can cause a sharp rise in blood sugars. (Read the label) the discriptor states a nutritional meal. Processed food is not.

To back this up use the latest Government to reports about obesity and poor health when eating processed food.

You can also remind the panel that due to you maybe being forgetful the washing of fresh vegetables is something you may forget.

There are many reports about health and welfare that are currently available from the Commons library. Which is a great source of strange but very useful information.

You may want to include a full report on any side effects of your medication but mostly those from those that if taken incorrectly or in excess and what those side effects have on your daily life.

You state that one makes you dozy. Not good if you are cooking is it? So please recheck any extra information that could be added to your letter.. more shortly as on my mobile..

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

To give a a quick example. If you are diabetic and on Metformin you must take this with or after a meal. Why because it controls your sugar levels and if you take it without a meal you can easily fall in to a coma or pass out. This is very dangerous. Look for information on the net about taking diabetic medication correctly. The list is as long as your repeat prescription list..

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

metformin is as interesting drug in that i am told it does not cause hypos

We have had a series of retirements and new partners at my GP practice and my new GP is telling me not to bother taking my blood sugar although the nurse has a more holistic view in that she thinks it is good for a patient to understand and own their condition.

Blood sugar is an odd thing

After 8 hours fasting but taking my medication my BS was 6.8 which while low by many standards was high for me yet my normal range is about 5. I was told stress and anxiety can do this ( I was fasting for a hernia op)

I am so confused by all this my submission is quite long at the moment and I have not even mentioned mobility because I think that the chances there are low, although I get chest pains especially if I have not taken my morning pills which include a slow release GTN type drug , scans show very little wrong with my heart other than some myocardial bridging .

Adapt your letter to include everything then what you need to do is concentrate on the things of danger and mobility as these award the highest points, But keep a copy or twq if you need to attend a face to face this way they will have a fuller picture.

Thanks

Still working on it

Must get it off this week

Don't forget if you go for your face to face nd that there are things that seem out of place like the chair if it has arms if it's in the wrong position please ask the interviewer to move it or swap it for you.

Don't forget to either record the interview and or take notes. If you need to take or use any aid then do so.

If you have a question ask them to repeating you didn't understand it. There is so much more but by now you've figured that out by yourself... Good luck let us know how it goes

Hi Mikey

Thanks for the advice

When I went to a tribunal before the Judge made assumptions and wouldn't let me correct them-one which seemed harmless enough but could have added to the decision

'doesn't cook because of choice' was the statement that the meals at Uni were subsidised

Asked me what result i got in my first year -the fact they were relatively good seemed to go against me. It was almost that claiming I was intelligent suggested that there were no problems particularly with my memory -maybe that's because I work very hard to achieve the result I do and have found strategies to minimise the effect of my poor short term memory my poor memory

Assumed she knew the format of the course-said it was an access course I was doing which it wasn't

I am stating in my appeal that i do have a recording of the assessment although it was covert but the judge has the power to order it being listened to

I have really popped on to look at you link, I keep doing it and forgetting what I am doing lol

Here is another nugget of information. Memory is an impairment of the mind and a recognised disability. If you Google this you may be surprised.

You are entitled to protection and a reduction in CT and much more. Please check this out ..

He'd get CT reduction anyway because of being a full time student.

He'd get CT reduction anyway because of being a full time student.

I don't pay CT as I am a full time student although they manage to be bureaucratic jobs worths even then.

last year i sent in a student status letter with an end date of June 2018 , you would have thought that proof or registration would be enough for this year but oh no, need another student status letter

Just to let you know

Appeal posted yesterday by Royal Mail signed for and received today

It went to HMCTS in Bradford

I guess I now just wait and see

MM do you think it would be beneficial to send a copy to the DWP with a request to reconsider as per that FB page

I only ask because that was quite an old page and I think it was from the days before a MR was required prior to appeal

I am having further diagnostic tests on my Irlens/visual stress etc

I was looking at the dyslexia website today and it did say that people with dyslexia spectrum disorders are also more prone to memory and organisational challenges

Co-occurring difficulties may be seen in aspects of language, motor co-ordination, mental calculation, concentration and personal organisation, but these are not, by themselves, markers of dyslexia.

http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/dyslexic/definitions

Maybe that is something that I should add to my appeal or send in when I have a date

Any thoughts?

But irlens syndrome isn't the same as dyslexia. You can have one without the other. I do.

But irlens syndrome isn't the same as dyslexia. You can have one without the other. I do.

Well you say that although some professionals maintain that Irlens is not a separate condition at all and is just a rather clever money making scheme , and boy does it make money. My own personal opinion is that it is not proven

All I can say is that i have symptoms that could be associated with either

I am currently having further tests

There is no doubt that

1) I read faster with coloured overlays

2) I read faster with slightly larger fonts

3) My spelling is appalling

4) My written expression is not good

5) There is likely some hereditary factor here as my father was an appalling speller and letter writer

To give you an idea on complexities of disability have a look at this thread at the end of this post, You can see after watching the link just how much can be used to assist you. Every disability is different and every claimant has their own issues on how this affects them. The link may be of use to you as it shows just how 1 disability can have so many impacts on a persons life. See here >> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?460735-Aquired-brain-injury-(the-hidden-disability)

MM

Hi all

Update as to where we are

Appeal to firt tier tribunal has been submitted and all the paperwork received from the DWP.

So far I have not read it through properly however there is one thing that is confusing me

At my assessment I scored 0 for managing money however on the MR I scored 2

In the statement that has come from the DWP Section 1 is

Non Scoring descriptors which are not disputed

Making Budgeting decisions is included in this list

Clearly I need to make it clear to the Tribunal that this descriptor did in fact score me points after MR

So am I appealing the original decision or the decision after MR/ Does that make sense

On another note , I have now been formally diagnosed with dyslexia by and educational psychologist with specific emphasis on phonics and short term memory which he stated will become worse under pressure or when trying to multi task . To me this is clear evidence of what I was trying to explain to both the assessor and for my MR. I intend to submit this as further evidence although I am worried that the analysis of my intelligence , while not by any means outstanding was classified as above average . Will they use this to beat me - which seems to be what happened in my last tribunal

BUMP

Anyone?

fletch70:

As you know DWP is on the cut big time. As you maybe aware that you need to inform them if there is a change in your circumstances that might affect your money, which could make the amount go down as well as up. So inform them of the change asap.

My honest answer would be to submit the changes with your new report as evidence. They will then need to review your claim within a short period of time. Although from what you have said it makes sense to you but may confuse the DWP somewhat. Just remind them that a disorder of the mind is a disability and as such you should have allowances made.

You should make sure you get copies in writing of anything they ask of you at anytime and if they fail you can bring this to the attention of the advisors supervisor! If it take the advisor several attempts to get you to CLEARLY understand what is being said to you then so be it. I would also make notes as often as you can.

Have a look at my sticky regarding a diary for daily use, it may pay you to download it and make several copies and use it as often as you can....

Hi Mikey

I have spent the last two evenings submitting additional info for the tribunal.

First note is that the HCP used info from a previous claim to help him make the original decision , to make it worse, the info that is recorded as being used is not the info that they included in the pack they sent me , two different letters.

The DWP DM repeatedly reported that there was no cognitive impairment so I have sent a general report written by two psychiatrists that say gambling is a recognised impairment with similar characteristics to alcoholism and drug addiction, in other words there are cognitive aspects to it

I have included a copy of my Dyslexia diagnosis that says under pressure of when multi tasking I am likely to have difficulties organising and remembering and that tasks take me much longer than a 'normal' person

I have downloaded your twelve point checklist and had started filling it in daily however had stopped. As my OH is away at the moment i have started again as being by myself will give me the best picture of my capabilities .

I also noticed a GP report that was completed by a GP who I had not seen for several months unlike the GP who I named who had seen me several times in the preceding weeks

Just an update

I have my tribunal date for 31st July in sunny nunny (Nuneaton).

I have , on and off been using Mikeys diary which I will start using daily from now on, gives me two months but i will have to miss a few days out while I am in a hotel.

I have got the support from the welfare rights team at the students Union , two people have looked over it and think my case is good and I will be accompanied by one of them for the appeal, we will meet prior to the hearing to review the case

Wish me luck please, got my Tribunal at 10 am tomorrow morning

I am being accompanied by the welfare rights lady from the students union

I have printed off my appeal letter and my response to the DWP response if that makes sense . This is for easy reference although I will also have the whole appeal pack

Major questions I will have, which decision am I appealing, the original decision of 5 points or the revised decision after MR of 7 points. The response to the appeal from the DWP was beyond a joke referring to documents that were not included in the pack and including documents that were from a previous claim

I am going to be completely honest about my living arrangements which is that although I have my own place, now at least during the long vacation I am spending most of my time at my partners

Good luck, Fletch, please let us know how you get on however it goes.

I'll be thinking of you. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Good luck Fletch hope it goes your way looking forward to the update when you get it

MM

Well it lasted all of ten minutes. The judge adjourned it

The reasons for adjournment were

1) I had recorded my initial assessment and transcribed a little , there was no one present from the DWP present so the Judge wanted someone there so they could listen to the whole assessment

2) The DWP had mentioned documents from a previous claim but had not included them in the bundle

I have had this appointment for 2 months and they wait until today to tell me that it is adjourned.

It was also the same judge who turned down my appeal over a year ago

Oh and the decision I am appealing is the original decision and not the mandatory reconsideration