PIP claim /DLA renewal

fletch70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

other 3 days of the week get taken up with study which in turn makes the cooking impossible.

I wouldn't mention this. It's no different to other students.

I would also personally add the criteria you believe you meet. You need to do something (going back to school days here) calling PEEing - point, example, explain - your point is whatever criteria you meet your evidence being "the last time I did this, this happened..." and then explain why you need help from another person and why you meet the criteria. (although, not all criteria says help from another person, some will state aid - mention aid used)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/QUOTE]

With respect why is that no different?

If it affects me this way then it is relevant to me, when I worked I was able to do a full days work and come home and cook, now I find that a few hours at Uni leave me so drained that I can not do anything

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I would also personally add the criteria you believe you meet. You need to do something (going back to school days here) calling PEEing - point, example, explain - your point is whatever criteria you meet your evidence being "the last time I did this, this happened..." and then explain why you need help from another person and why you meet the criteria. (although, not all criteria says help from another person, some will state aid - mention aid used)

I do take your point about saying what criteria I think I meet . I am going to say that unless otherwise stated in the appeal I agree with the decision so that will mean I agree that some of the criteria do not count. I will be asking for 4 points on preparing food and 2 points on taking nutrition . I will also be asking for 1 point on medication. I clearly do not expect to gain all the points and while I wouldn't grant them to myself, if I was told to compare them to the criteria then they are appropriate

Hi again folk

Even though it may not seem as if I was open to criticism or advice I have taken it on board and have now redone my appeal, it is all ready to go

I have included my name and NI number in the header but obviously removed it for posting on here

Any further advice really would be gratefully received

Incidentally and not sure if I should include it as i have already received what i think are the maximum 2 points in the area, I am going to have a visual stress test work up done in the next few weeks but nothing set up yet . Any thoughts

As I said before I have a condition akin to dyslexia however my advisor thinks it may be more complicated than that

This is why DLA application forms are so easy to read yet so very hard to answer correctly. As stated above this makes it doubly hard on the day as you may be having a better day than normal. this is why I posted the 12 point diaries some time ago. These could be used daily and filed. Then when asked for evidence you can produce the folder with all of the completed diary sheets. Plus it goes a long way for you too, in as much as you can see when you have good days and the bad too, this may also show you a common pattern in ways you might not notice.

This way you can make subtle changes to your daily life to give you more better days than bad. Its a very useful tool if I may say so....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

If you take in to account what the DWP say about meals. You may wish to remind them that beans on toast for a diabetic can cause a sharp rise in blood sugars. (Read the label) the discriptor states a nutritional meal. Processed food is not.

To back this up use the latest Government to reports about obesity and poor health when eating processed food.

You can also remind the panel that due to you maybe being forgetful the washing of fresh vegetables is something you may forget.

There are many reports about health and welfare that are currently available from the Commons library. Which is a great source of strange but very useful information.

You may want to include a full report on any side effects of your medication but mostly those from those that if taken incorrectly or in excess and what those side effects have on your daily life.

You state that one makes you dozy. Not good if you are cooking is it? So please recheck any extra information that could be added to your letter.. more shortly as on my mobile..

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

To give a a quick example. If you are diabetic and on Metformin you must take this with or after a meal. Why because it controls your sugar levels and if you take it without a meal you can easily fall in to a coma or pass out. This is very dangerous. Look for information on the net about taking diabetic medication correctly. The list is as long as your repeat prescription list..

metformin is as interesting drug in that i am told it does not cause hypos

We have had a series of retirements and new partners at my GP practice and my new GP is telling me not to bother taking my blood sugar although the nurse has a more holistic view in that she thinks it is good for a patient to understand and own their condition.

Blood sugar is an odd thing

After 8 hours fasting but taking my medication my BS was 6.8 which while low by many standards was high for me yet my normal range is about 5. I was told stress and anxiety can do this ( I was fasting for a hernia op)

I am so confused by all this my submission is quite long at the moment and I have not even mentioned mobility because I think that the chances there are low, although I get chest pains especially if I have not taken my morning pills which include a slow release GTN type drug , scans show very little wrong with my heart other than some myocardial bridging .

Adapt your letter to include everything then what you need to do is concentrate on the things of danger and mobility as these award the highest points, But keep a copy or twq if you need to attend a face to face this way they will have a fuller picture.

Don't forget if you go for your face to face nd that there are things that seem out of place like the chair if it has arms if it's in the wrong position please ask the interviewer to move it or swap it for you.

Don't forget to either record the interview and or take notes. If you need to take or use any aid then do so.

If you have a question ask them to repeating you didn't understand it. There is so much more but by now you've figured that out by yourself... Good luck let us know how it goes

Hi Mikey

Thanks for the advice

When I went to a tribunal before the Judge made assumptions and wouldn't let me correct them-one which seemed harmless enough but could have added to the decision

'doesn't cook because of choice' was the statement that the meals at Uni were subsidised

Asked me what result i got in my first year -the fact they were relatively good seemed to go against me. It was almost that claiming I was intelligent suggested that there were no problems particularly with my memory -maybe that's because I work very hard to achieve the result I do and have found strategies to minimise the effect of my poor short term memory my poor memory

Assumed she knew the format of the course-said it was an access course I was doing which it wasn't

I am stating in my appeal that i do have a recording of the assessment although it was covert but the judge has the power to order it being listened to

I have really popped on to look at you link, I keep doing it and forgetting what I am doing lol

Here is another nugget of information. Memory is an impairment of the mind and a recognised disability. If you Google this you may be surprised.

You are entitled to protection and a reduction in CT and much more. Please check this out ..

He'd get CT reduction anyway because of being a full time student.

I don't pay CT as I am a full time student although they manage to be bureaucratic jobs worths even then.

last year i sent in a student status letter with an end date of June 2018 , you would have thought that proof or registration would be enough for this year but oh no, need another student status letter

Just to let you know

Appeal posted yesterday by Royal Mail signed for and received today

It went to HMCTS in Bradford

I guess I now just wait and see

MM do you think it would be beneficial to send a copy to the DWP with a request to reconsider as per that FB page

I only ask because that was quite an old page and I think it was from the days before a MR was required prior to appeal

I am having further diagnostic tests on my Irlens/visual stress etc

I was looking at the dyslexia website today and it did say that people with dyslexia spectrum disorders are also more prone to memory and organisational challenges

Co-occurring difficulties may be seen in aspects of language, motor co-ordination, mental calculation, concentration and personal organisation, but these are not, by themselves, markers of dyslexia.

http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/dyslexic/definitions

Maybe that is something that I should add to my appeal or send in when I have a date

Any thoughts?

But irlens syndrome isn't the same as dyslexia. You can have one without the other. I do.

Well you say that although some professionals maintain that Irlens is not a separate condition at all and is just a rather clever money making scheme , and boy does it make money. My own personal opinion is that it is not proven

All I can say is that i have symptoms that could be associated with either

I am currently having further tests

There is no doubt that

1) I read faster with coloured overlays

2) I read faster with slightly larger fonts

3) My spelling is appalling

4) My written expression is not good

5) There is likely some hereditary factor here as my father was an appalling speller and letter writer

To give you an idea on complexities of disability have a look at this thread at the end of this post, You can see after watching the link just how much can be used to assist you. Every disability is different and every claimant has their own issues on how this affects them. The link may be of use to you as it shows just how 1 disability can have so many impacts on a persons life. See here >> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?460735-Aquired-brain-injury-(the-hidden-disability)

MM

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Update as to where we are

Appeal to firt tier tribunal has been submitted and all the paperwork received from the DWP.

So far I have not read it through properly however there is one thing that is confusing me

At my assessment I scored 0 for managing money however on the MR I scored 2

In the statement that has come from the DWP Section 1 is

Non Scoring descriptors which are not disputed

Making Budgeting decisions is included in this list

Clearly I need to make it clear to the Tribunal that this descriptor did in fact score me points after MR

So am I appealing the original decision or the decision after MR/ Does that make sense

On another note , I have now been formally diagnosed with dyslexia by and educational psychologist with specific emphasis on phonics and short term memory which he stated will become worse under pressure or when trying to multi task . To me this is clear evidence of what I was trying to explain to both the assessor and for my MR. I intend to submit this as further evidence although I am worried that the analysis of my intelligence , while not by any means outstanding was classified as above average . Will they use this to beat me - which seems to be what happened in my last tribunal