BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1479 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey,

I have moved into a new flat at the beginning of November,

today have received a notice saying that parking permits will be coming into place on our car park

(all of the car parks in the neighborhood, really!).

I have two cars (one for me and one for my husband) as we both are courier drivers so we need them for work.

Unfortunately we only received one resident permit, and one visitor permit, which is only valid for 12 days annually.

I have called them, and have been told that they can't give us another resident permit, and I should just park 'elsewhere'.

Well, there's no 'elsewhere' near us at all!

Are they allowed to do that?

Hey,

I have moved into a new flat at the beginning of November,

today have received a notice saying that parking permits will be coming into place on our car park

(all of the car parks in the neighborhood, really!).

I have two cars (one for me and one for my husband) as we both are courier drivers so we need them for work.

Unfortunately we only received one resident permit, and one visitor permit, which is only valid for 12 days annually.

I have called them, and have been told that they can't give us another resident permit, and I should just park 'elsewhere'.

Well, there's no 'elsewhere' near us at all!

Are they allowed to do that?

Who is the notice from?

Do you own or rent?

Depending on previous answer, what does your deeds or lease say about parking? These ' trump ' any PPC rubbish...

Who is the notice from?

Do you own or rent?

Depending on previous answer, what does your deeds or lease say about parking? These ' trump ' any PPC rubbish...

The notice is from the UK car park management. I rent... don't think there's anything about parking in my rental agreement... I specifically chose this flat as it had ample parking spaces:/

It will not be in your rental agreement, it will be in the lease or head lease. Who has appointed the parking co? Is there a management company involved or does the freeholder manage the running of the common grounds.

Chances are that the PPC has signed up the wrong entity to get the job so anything they say and do has no legal basis.

There may well be allocated parking for 1 vehicle so ask your landlord about this. If they arent that helpful you will have to get a copy of the lease from the Land Registry and such matters are usually included.