CCS DWP Social Fund Debt £250 Advice needed.

Hook Recordings
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning Everyone,

This Forum has helped me on a previous a Previous occasion and i was hoping for further advice on a new problem.

Ive been contacted via mobile text from a company called CCS. Upon searching , I Discovered that they are a debt collection agency for the DWP. I Called The DWP debt dept this morning and asked them if I owed them funds. I was informed that I had indeed taken out a social fund loan of £250 out in 2008. I had just left a spell in rehab and had forgotten all about it.

I did'nt claim benefit until July 2013 Until Nov 2013, J.S.A, so no repayments toward the social fund loan were taken until then. I have gone through my letters this morning, and found that i had being paying the DWP back at £2.96 per week for this JSA period. No payments have been made since Nov 2013 , the last time i received Benefit.

I am not on benefits and not in paid work, living at home with my partner, Which i informed the DWP of this morning.The DWP debt department have been sending their letters to my old address for the last 2 years.I have given them my current Address tHis morning.Although i have received other documentation i.e pension statements from them at my current address,

The Lady at the DWP informed me that the debt has been passed to CCS, and they cannot deal with me directly. I informed the DWP that i will not be dealing or responding to the CCS debt collection agency in any way shape or form , and i will throw away any letters that i recieve from them. I will only deal directly with the DWP.

The DWP Lady said she will e mail CCS with the conversation we have had telling them that i will ignore all their letters.

Can anyone advise my of my next step , im willing to pay the approx £200 back at £5 per month either by direct debit or cheque/payment card.

Sorry for going on and on.

Hope to get some advice to ease my nerves.

thanks.

xx:|

Hi Hook

Welcome back to CAG. The general idea is that you dont have to deal with any DCA on Gov debts which you clicked.

If you are happy to pay them that then why not male a written offer direct to DWP?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hello fkofilee,

Thanks for listening to my endless droning !!.I detest dealing with this sort of thing on my own.

Shall i wait until I receive a letter from The DWP, now that Particular Department has my correct address, and then write to them with my £5 offer by direct debit/Cheque?. Or shall i just write to them Today with my offer and pop it in the post tomorrow . I dont want our letters to cross in the post if i do that ?.

Are you expecting the DWP to contact you ?

I would say write to them with your offer - if the letters cross then so be it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello citizen b , i remember you helped me out with some good advice before.

I just assumed The DWP would send me a letter now they have my current Address.

Despite my explicit , unambiguous comments to the Lady at the DWP that i will be throwing all debt collection agency letters in the bin, im sure they will still send me some. I will take both your and fkofillee's advice and get a letter off to the dwp before the weekend.

thanks for your help once again. I feel a lot better now.

Hello citizen b , i remember you helped me out with some good advice before.

I just assumed The DWP would send me a letter now they have my current Address.

Despite my explicit , unambiguous comments to the Lady at the DWP that i will be throwing all debt collection agency letters in the bin, im sure they will still send me some. I will take both your and fkofillee's advice and get a letter off to the dwp before the weekend.

thanks for your help once again. I feel a lot better now.

If you make reference in your letter to the telephone conversation you had with ??? on ??? date then they will be able to tie up any further action that might have been/will be taken on the account.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you make reference in your letter to the telephone conversation you had with ??? on ??? date then they will be able to tie up any further action that might have been/will be taken on the account.

Will do mate. Thanks to you both . Its such a help to have this forum to turn to for good and practical advice . Will get the letter off in Fridays post.

:-)