Secure Trust Bank - Is this necessary?

Shelley181146
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am dealing with my late sister's affairs at her request and no will was made.

The estate is very nominal and she left her affairs small and tidy to sort out - however, unfortunately, time was against us when trying to get a few things in place.

My sister had an account called One Bill whereby she paid a monthly amount over to STB who then paid nominated bills on her behalf. (Your possibly wondering why in this day and age but that was her choice) She had a lot to deal with medically.

She also had a current account whereby she had a 'Top up' type credit card which she had to load before she spent on it.

Now, on applying to get a bank statement showing the balance on the date of death STB say they have to send out a form for completion which then has to be signed and stamped by a solicitor (for authenticity) obviously, they will have had an original death certificate aswell.

I have provided Passport/ driving license and utility bill as proof of id for both my sister and myself and it was I who reported the death.

If Barclays Bank do not require a solicitor or additional forms or even sight of the death certificate, just the 'reg number' from top left corner of document, why would STB need all this additional evidence?

They are causing delays unnecessarily and we need to access other services with the bank statement. It's not like I am asking for the funds because there's hardly anything in the accounts.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process or complain and sit on my hands?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

I would have thought sight of the Death Certificate would have been sufficient - however, I will ask others on the site team who have more knowledge than me.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I agree with citizenB, a death certificate should be sufficient if the funds are likely to be minimal. However, in the absence of any Letters of Administration (probate), they are most likely covering their backs.

If you have a solicitor that you use, I'd suggest popping in with the form and getting stamped/signed. I suspect they are asking for certified copies of your ID, hence the form. If that is the case, I would imagine the solicitor would charge something in the region of £5-10, or they may even do it for free (mine did when I needed some docs certified as true copies).

If I am wrong in my assumption about the form, post a scan (less any identifying info) and we can advise further.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I have received their form and it appearrs they like to be awkward!

Fortunately/unfortunately my niece has found an incompetent solicitor who charged her £10 for a letter with half hername & half mine.........totally useless, so i paid him a visit myself and pointed out his error and asked him to complete the STB form which he did, thankfully.

He did try to charge me again but as Slick knows, there's no chance of me doing that, lol.

Just a waiting game now to see what STB send me in regards to the bank statements and closure of the account.

Not a bank I would ever use in shape or form, just as a personal observation.

Thanks all.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend