Sickness whilst on JSA - JSA28 Form

Skyro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anybody printed out and used the PDF version of the JSA28 form (the one that originated from a FOI request I believe) to inform the DWP of a period of sickness whilst on JSA?

Reason I ask is that the form has a place for an office stamp etc., and I don't want them refusing to accept it on some technicality!

Also, does anybody know what the actual procedure is regarding these forms? If I'm sick on my signing day, will I still receive payment on my usual day as long as they accept and have processed this form in time? Will it have any impact on when my next signing date is?

While your JSA28 is in force you are excused from all jobseeking activity, including signing on. They will issue a payment for your missed signing day - processing the form can take a few days, so whether that payment is late or not depends largely on how soon before your signing day you get the form to them. Your next signing day will not be affected - show up as usual unless they've told you otherwise.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks for the replies @ combo , @ antone

@Chester6 - I wouldn't put it past them! and this is partially why I asked...who was it who said that to you? and did you actually have a problem with late payment?

2-3 days I could handle, what I couldn't handle would be any long drawn out problems with payment.

I guess it is mainly a case of how quickly you get the JSA28 form in..then, the bit that is out of our control...how long they take to process it!