Changes to housing, council tax and Pension Credit benefits

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems this is being snuck in under the radar from 1st April while we are watching Cameron and his EU antics. Previously you could be absent from Great Britain for a period of 13 weeks for example on holiday and still receive benefits such as Pension credit etc.

However this has changed from 13 weeks to 4 weeks and does create a problem as many people go to Spain for the winter especially if you suffer from arthritis as the UK winter can be a killer.

See here for more information

To be fair if you can afford to live in Spain for the winter then you don't really need pension credit do you?

People suffer from arthritis which cripples them during the winter months. Some people that we know stay in Spain for 3 months in the winter and take their caravan to stay in during that time. They do not have a mobility cars so are able to save that DLA money towards a long stay as they have told us that a pitch for the caravan can be rented for about £200 - £250 a month during the winter period.

We have been considering this ourselves, but have never done it as never had enough money together. We are on Pension Credit as I had to stop work early in my life due to my disability.

Some people who are genuine claimants due to disabilities may have their children paying for their air fare so that the person can stay with them in another country for instance USA, Australia etc. As the air fare is expensive it makes sense to stay longer than 4 weeks however they can no longer do this.