Secured Picture Loan who sold it to Webb who sold to Idem - Repossesion hearing

jj69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much did you show as being left over in Step 5 on the budget sheet ?

My outgoings are pretty much rounded up anyway such as £100 for this or £60 for that , no £24.99 etc so easy enough to calculate plus my other creditors are getting £1 each as Idem argued against this last year when I was paying a car loan at £40 per month.

I still have a payment outstanding for my first lender but that will be cleared the end of this week so I have conformation from them of the payment arrangement. I have notified Idem previously of mortgage arrears from first lender but it falls on deaf ears.

OK, we need to get the statement for court finalised - I can do that this afternoon - are you able to personally hand it in to the court office tomorrow ? most court offices open at 10 and close at 2

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Affixed is the statement forcourt :

At the top of the statement (inthe boxes) Enter the case number etcwhere I have put xxx’s (obviously remove the xx’s), you will find the information you need on thecourt papers you received.

Make sure it all fits on one pagewhen you print it out.

Print out another budget sheetand affix to the statement – write the case number on the top of the budgetsheet.

Hand it in personally to thecourt and ask the counter staff if there are any duty legal reps at court onthe day of your hearing – if so, get to the court early on the day and approachthem to ask for guidance. They can comein to the hearing with you and support your case.

You will need to take two morecopies of the statement and budget sheet along to the court hearing – one foryou to refer to in the hearing and a spare one.

JJ69 Statement for Repo Hearing.doc

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Affixed is the statement forcourt :

At the top of the statement (inthe boxes) Enter the case number etcwhere I have put xxx’s (obviously remove the xx’s), you will find the information you need on thecourt papers you received.

Make sure it all fits on one pagewhen you print it out.

Print out another budget sheetand affix to the statement – write the case number on the top of the budgetsheet.

Hand it in personally to thecourt and ask the counter staff if there are any duty legal reps at court onthe day of your hearing – if so, get to the court early on the day and approachthem to ask for guidance. They can comein to the hearing with you and support your case.

You will need to take two morecopies of the statement and budget sheet along to the court hearing – one foryou to refer to in the hearing and a spare one.

Got that Ell-enn.

Offer letter to Idem posted for delivery before 1pm and to be signed for !

Thanks for taking the time out to assist it is really appreciated !

JJ

No problem JJ - let us know when you have taken the statement to the court - remember to ask if there are any duty legals there on day of the hearing.

Please also don't forget to update us after the hearing so we're not left wondering what happened :)

No problem JJ - let us know when you have taken the statement to the court - remember to ask if there are any duty legals there on day of the hearing.

Please also don't forget to update us after the hearing so we're not left wondering what happened :)

Well Idem have the letter

they have now sent me a letter stating all interest frozen for the next 12 months as a goodwill gesture

...yeh goodwill after all the battling on the phone.

..funny as when I asked to have it frozen when on the phone it was either no or we can't etc..

If they had accepted this last year then at least I could have chipped away at the outstanding balance.

This letter will be going to the judge as well !

Oh and I will keep you guys updated !

Hi Ell-enn ! Just realised in all the rush I have not sent the defence to court !! Put it in this morning and the court clerk said it would be ok and that a duty solicitor would be available. I am concerned the judge may not accept the defence due to the lateness of submission. Do you know if this is the case for late submission ?

Get to the court early on 7th and ask the court clerk if your statement has been put in the file for the judge. Take 3 copies of it all with you just in case. Approach the duty solicitor and ask for their assistance.

I'm sure it will all be fine

Please don't forget to come back and let us know the good news :)

Get to the court early on 7th and ask the court clerk if your statement has been put in the file for the judge. Take 3 copies of it all with you just in case. Approach the duty solicitor and ask for their assistance.

Thanks for the swift reply I will be there early to ensure they have the defence. Idem have their copies anyway.

All ready to go for Monday !

Well many thanks to all especially Ell-enn who pulled it out the bag again.

Suspended PO as long as I stick to the payment plan.

Duty solicitor was great and so was the Judge.

They accepted my offer of payment but Idem wanted a contractual payment + arrears today

as they stated my payment date was the 7th of each month or deal was off

I pointed out that I made a payment on the 1st March therefore technically early,

their rep was not happy about this and said she would need to discuss with the relevant team.

She also stated to the judge that arrears were £10k

I disputed and said they were £7k according to the paperwork I received

unfortunately I did not have a copy with me.

Judge disputed their claim on arrears and said he was having difficulty making a judgement

based on their varying figures and that would have to be decided on another day between Idem and I

he also pointed out that there was £6k of PPI pre loaded on the loan

and this should have been taken into consideration by Idem.

Idem rep said she could not get exact figure as unable to get in touch with the relevant team

the judge then noted the £10k arrears but dismissed the payment today

as he stated he did not want an "agreement to crumble straight away"

therefore first payment was on the 7th April ,

Idem rep looked dejected.

Idem rep also pointed out the the interest rate was zero

but I pointed out that I asked for this action last year

and Idem refused only accepting to do this end of Feb !

The rep also said they did not receive documentation regarding my letters that offered a payment plan before court ,

lucky I had all my postal receipts

to which the judge replied that Idem needed to have better administration procedures !

happy with this

but now want to tackle the issue of these £10k arrears to see if I can get them reduced from Idem

an anybody let me know if I can write to the court with this evidence or is it too late ?

Thanks

JJ

well the PPI will kill most of that.

what about all the penalty charges?

time to get some spreadsheets done me thinks too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well done, that's great news ! you must be very relieved. I'd love to have seen the look on the Idem rep's face :)

And well done to the judge for spotting the PPI :)

Well done, that's great news ! you must be very relieved. I'd love to have seen the look on the Idem rep's face :)

And well done to the judge for spotting the PPI :)

She was put out I can tell you that !

To be honest she knows what it feels like to have to speak to them now ,

lack of communication being one of them !

The judge was fair and understanding not at all patronising

and the duty rep mentioned the loss of job etc so he understood the situation

but even he was perplexed with Idem's maths skills and how they got their figures.

I was ready today anyway thanks to the support from here

but annoyed with myself for not having more documentation available to dispute the arrears figure.

I need to contact Idem again going forward to discuss future arrangements

first thing is the PPI plus the arrears balance as I mentioned my copy shows £7k

I am going to send to Idem and then ask them to explain how their arrears balance is more.

Once again thanks folks !

or your mortgage rate if its higher?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...
or your mortgage rate if its higher?

Just a quick update !

Thanks once again to all those who assisted with this.

I have asked for the PPI to be refunded or removed from debt

of course Idem sent a stock letter to say I had to speak to original creditor Picture finance

who of course gone into administration years ago and that was their final response

which is good for me as no hanging around 8 weeks as per the FCA rules.

I have raised it with the FCA/FOS as far as I am concerned if you take on a debt

you also take on the terms and conditions with that debt so lets see what happens from here in !

should have gone to the FSCS?

and they