Jump to content

Barclaycard incorrect Default for over 5 years


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi All


I had a DRO which I was discharged from in 2011.


I had a barclaycard debt as part of this.


So for the last six years, barclaycard have been reporting a default every month on my credit report incorrectly, negatively impacting me.


I asked them numerous times 2011-2012 to sort it. They never did and I just could not be bothered to chase.


I am now sending a final formal complaint before I go to the FOS. Would you say I could request some compensation too for the fact they have left it this long, it has negatively impacted me for years and they ignored me?


Not sure if thats a basis for it..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better to report it to the ICO rather than the FOS...


The debts included in your Bankruptcy/DRO should be marked by the creditors as partially satisfied or partially settled and vanish completely 6 years after the date of default.



We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid that in this country we have a very poor attitude to data protection breaches.


The rule seems to be that you have to be able to show that the data breach has caused you some quantifiable economic loss.


The Data Protection Act allows you to sue for distress caused by data breach. In most other European countries, the courts will make an award of damages simply because you have suffered distress. In the United Kingdom, you have to show that that distress has resulted in some economic loss. If you have simply suffered distress but have not lost any money as a result then you won't be entitled to any compensation.


On this basis, if you can show that you have lost opportunities to buy property for instance or if you have had to pay more for credit then this would be a recoverable loss.


Otherwise, I'm afraid there is not very much you can do. It is very unsatisfactory and there is no disincentive to companies to get their act together.


By all means complaint to the ICO – but the ICO is pretty useless and will be very interested in you. Still, send a letter to get it on file.


As for complaining to the FOS, you must be having a laugh?

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...