BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1481 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there.

after deliberating for months as I thought my potential claim would be too old,

I decided to call NatWest recently to enquire about a PPI claim

relating to a loan I had taken in 1998 which I knew had PPI attached to it.

To my surprise they found the details and I have now been sent a letter and claim form.

The letter states that my policy start date was 29/6/1998 and the close date was 18/01/2000.

The insurance premium was £127.

If I am honest I have limited recollection of the loan, other than I remember it was to buy my first car and I think it was for around £2000.

I don't know the APR or anything like that.

I remember I was told I had to have PPI or I wouldn’t be given the loan.

Before I complete the claim form do you think that I ought to have any further information,

such as a copy of the loan agreement (if I can even get this now) or shall I just fill it in and send it back and see?

I know we are not talking big money here, but at the end of the day NatWest have had plenty of money from me for many years, so why not try to get some back for once.

Any advice/help gratefully received.

Edited by jim1978
typo

Well great one for wising up, and if they have info on the loan then thats a good thing :)

Have you considered sending a SAR to them?

Oh and welcome to CAG, Jheywood1978....

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

yep sar is the way to go

if you have a read around

and/or see my link I below

it might pay you to use the FOS questionnaire

rather than the banks one..

the bank can ask rather loaded questions

that if truth were know

sometimes are specifically worded to make you answer in their favour of refusing the reclaim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Hi there.

after deliberating for months as I thought my potential claim would be too old,

I decided to call NatWest recently to enquire about a PPI claim

relating to a loan I had taken in 1998 which I knew had PPI attached to it.

To my surprise they found the details and I have now been sent a letter and claim form.

The letter states that my policy start date was 29/6/1998 and the close date was 18/01/2000.

The insurance premium was £127.

If I am honest I have limited recollection of the loan, other than I remember it was to buy my first car and I think it was for around £2000.

I don't know the APR or anything like that.

I remember I was told I had to have PPI or I wouldn’t be given the loan.

Before I complete the claim form do you think that I ought to have any further information,

such as a copy of the loan agreement (if I can even get this now) or shall I just fill it in and send it back and see?

I know we are not talking big money here, but at the end of the day NatWest have had plenty of money from me for many years, so why not try to get some back for once.

Any advice/help gratefully received.

If it goes back to 1998, won't there be interest at 8%? Could add up to quite a bit... Let us know how you get on! TB

yep sar is the way to go

if you have a read around

and/or see my link I below

it might pay you to use the FOS questionnaire

rather than the banks one..

the bank can ask rather loaded questions

that if truth were know

sometimes are specifically worded to make you answer in their favour of refusing the reclaim.

dx

I may be wrong but there was something on the news the other day which suggested that claimants won't need to prove that the PPI was mis-sold and can claim it back anyway... hopefully the forms will get even simpler. TB

never trust a bank

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Goes without saying. TB

Edited by maroondevo52
removed unsuitable word