BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I agree with the guys, funeral expenses first. This is a website I used when I was dealing with probate for my mother and my OH found it useful too. If you scroll down a bit, there's a list of priorities in order. Barclays can't change that.   https://www.bereavementadvice.org/topics/probate-and-legal/insolvent- estates/   And another one from the government's Money Advice Service, scroll dow to Step 3.   https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/dealing-with-the-debts-of-someone-who-has-died   HB
    • The 'test, test, test' call from WHO specifically applies to just ''suspected cases'' and those who recently had contact with confirmed cases. WHO isn't calling for speculative testing.   I assume Prof Tobyjug is referring to a PCR test but as testing the entire nation for anything is a fantasy it doesn't matter much.
    • The Three-Body Problem https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Body-Problem-Cixin-Liu-ebook/dp/B00S8FCJCQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3C1EMC34CA27V&dchild=1&keywords=3+body+problem&qid=1586240421&sprefix=3+bo%2Caps%2C229&sr=8-1      
    • I don’t see some users posts, but since they’ve been quoted .........   I agree (in parts) with 2 contributors postings.   WHO says “test, test, test”, so more tests ARE key. That is part agreeing with one contributor.   I also agree with cjcregg. One has to understand the limitations of a test : (sensitivity, specificity and its positive and negative predictive values - which involves sensitivity / specificity AND prevalence!).   One also has to understand which test, to apply those limitations. a) RNA NAAT? (Commonly called PCR, though PCR is a tradename, so ‘PCR’ is to ‘NAAT’ like ‘Hoover’ is to ‘vacuum cleaner’) b) Antigen testing? c) Antibody testing? (If so, IgM? IgG? Both??)   Knowing which test(s), their limitations, and thus what the result actually MEANS is more important than a blanket statement of “test everyone!”, (and repeatedly ??! ) .... especially as it allows prioritisation of who gets what test to maximise benefit, until “testing for all” is more than a pipe-dream .....   Would you repeat a positive IgG test? If so, in what circumstances??
    • Just out of interest, how long did it take you to formulate this conclusion? I'm not looking for a particularly accurate answer, just round it up to the nearest nano second.    How is this going to work then?   Where are the medical personnel and laboratory staff required to undertake this massive project going to come from? Now this is just a stab in the dark but I'd imagine they'd be quite busy at the moment.   Even South Korea, who are recognised as having one of the most aggressive testing policies have only managed to test 1% of their population. You clearly have no conception as to the scale of what you're proposing.   Even if it was possible to plan, organise and execute it would take years to achieve, by which time all the data would have been redundant and completely meaningless. I was tested last week and it took 2 days for the result, which by the time I received it was already out of date as I was then and now just as likely to be infected as I was when I took the test.   Think about it.    
  • Our picks

JeneiMac

Misadvised by an ACAS officer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a matter of automatically unfair dismissal pending. Could not take it to an ET without speaking with an ACAS Conciliator. Conciliator advised me my claim was worth very little even if I won it, which I can prove (One and a half weeks wages which I now understand is a Basic Award) and which I have now found out is not remotely reflective of the amount I may be entitled to claim. A COT3 has been generated with an offer from my former employer which has offered the pittance I was led to believe I was entitled to claim by the ACAS officer. Is the agreement binding when it was formed upon the misadvice I was given by the ACAS officer? I have not yet signed the agreement. Thank you for your help.

Have you agreed the wording of the COT3 (even verbally)? It becomes legally binding at that stage, regardless of your signature.

Have you spoken to the ACAS advice line and an early conciliator separately?

Yes I have spoken to an ACAS conciliator who was the person who advised me of the value of my claim, and how the ET assesses and gives awards, but which I have since found out is not remotely true in terms of how the ET works.

Just to add the ACAS officer was the person who drew the agreement up.

Did you indicate your verbal agreement to the wording?

Why do you think you are entitled to more - do you think the compensatory element of the award could be significant (for example were you out of work for a long time as a result of the dismissal)? Its very difficult to comment without a bit more background.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS