Misadvised by an ACAS officer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a matter of automatically unfair dismissal pending. Could not take it to an ET without speaking with an ACAS Conciliator. Conciliator advised me my claim was worth very little even if I won it, which I can prove (One and a half weeks wages which I now understand is a Basic Award) and which I have now found out is not remotely reflective of the amount I may be entitled to claim. A COT3 has been generated with an offer from my former employer which has offered the pittance I was led to believe I was entitled to claim by the ACAS officer. Is the agreement binding when it was formed upon the misadvice I was given by the ACAS officer? I have not yet signed the agreement. Thank you for your help.

Yes I have spoken to an ACAS conciliator who was the person who advised me of the value of my claim, and how the ET assesses and gives awards, but which I have since found out is not remotely true in terms of how the ET works.

Why do you think you are entitled to more - do you think the compensatory element of the award could be significant (for example were you out of work for a long time as a result of the dismissal)? Its very difficult to comment without a bit more background.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS