Man wins Apple Watch warranty court battle

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is why we say 'size doesn't matter' and to take on these companies no matter how big they are and how much above the law they think they are.

A man from Ceredigion has successfully sued Apple after his watch broke - forcing the company to change its product description.

Gareth Cross, 32, from Aberystwyth, paid £339 last July for his Apple Watch Sport, but spotted a crack in the glass face 10 days later.

The technology giant said work to fix the watch was not covered by warranty, despite its official claim it was scratch-resistant.

Apple has been asked to comment.

Mr Cross took the company to the small claims court in Aberystwyth for breach of the Sale of Goods Act, and has won the case after a six-month fight.

More

Mr Cross told the BBC the case did begin to become stressful.

"I couldn't understand why they would want to go to court over the issue, but ultimately I wanted [to] stand by my consumer rights," he said.

"The case did start to become a little stressful, especially toward the end with the prospect of having to attend court to defend my claim against what was the most valuable company in the world."

Because they hoped they could bully you into backing down !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How shameful. Apple is one of the world's biggest companies and yet they have to quibble about this tiny amount of money and make life difficult for an ordinary person who is just trying to be an Apple customer.

What stupidity from Apple

How shameful. Apple is one of the world's biggest companies and yet they have to quibble about this tiny amount of money and make life difficult for an ordinary person who is just trying to be an Apple customer.

What stupidity from Apple

Thats how theyve always operated though and why they have so much money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It'll be interesting to see if other people may pursue similar claims in future. Yes, purchasers from now wouldn't be able to claim anything in regards to the impact resistance, but anyone who purchased it prior to them making the change could quite possibly make the same claim if they face the same issue going forward.

If you search online regarding problems with Apple products, it appears they have forgotten that maintaining consumer loyalty is very important. Apple appear to frustrate customers with claims under warranties and this case gives hope to those people who think Apple are too big to take on. There are problems reported with Macbooks, with them overheating very easily causing them to stop working. But apparently this is to be expected and not an issue.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That's what happens when you focus entirely on making them thinner without giving any consideration to airflow. You can have all the fans in the world but they wont do diddly if the air can't get to the components :)

Apparently there are people drilling holes in Macbook cases and fitting external fans, so they can use them, after paying up to £2k for them.

If i were buying an expensive laptop, i would get one made by companies who do this, so you know what parts have been fitted, which can be changed/upgraded. I spoke with an engineer who is authorised to repair various laptop brands and he said he would not personally buy most of the top brand names.

I have an ipad, but only because i was given it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

" I have an ipad, but only because i was given it. "

Me too:wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the reason they dont admit anything is wrong and defended the claim is obvious for a business that size, they cannot have anything that reduces their market image (and thus market share and value and this does so in reality it has backfired terribly. what they sell is no better than a similar product at a fraction of the cost but like other big brands they rely on cachet and an air of exclusivity to bump up their prices.

And still it goes on!

The latest software update for iPhone 6 handsets is allegedly rendering the devices useless if it detects repairs not carried out by Apple.

The problem is known as "error 53" and has appeared in Apple products before.

MORE

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I read about that one last week. It's to do with the Fingerprint sensor I believe.

On the one hand, there's some logic to saying that an unauthorised replacement to the fingerprint scanner could be insecure. But in that case, the sensible approach would be to simply disable the ability of the fingerprint scanner to unlock/access anything secure. There's no need to disable the entire device.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe Apple themselves were the retailer in this case.

2 years ago I tried to get my iPHONE 5 replaced by Apple for issues with Wifi drops outs and bill shocked associated with them. I used a lawyer and in the end, they gave up after 2 years because Apple convinced the lawyer that there is no evidence.

The issue here is Apple's Customer Service or rather the lack of it. Unless they make money, they are not allowed to refund money or replace products that are going to eat into their bottom line. And that's also the reason why when chat to Apple support, now they want to ring you back and charge you for each incident even though it is their software is the problem.