• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please do check back in - I know I sound frustrated but it's only because I want to help!

I know everyone on here is trying to help, and trust me, we appreciate all the valid advice, which without, would leave us in a far weaker position.

The Company,, its owners are financial brokers, so i would have assumed they would have capital, they work from their own home, have a couple of new cars, and employ their two sons.

The problem that i foresee, is that giving their profession, if such a profession could somehow wriggle out of paying the debt, this lot would not be far from the top of that list, imo, or maybe i am being over cautious.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know everyone on here is trying to help, and trust me, we appreciate all the valid advice, which without, would leave us in a far weaker position.

The Company,, its owners are financial brokers, so i would have assumed they would have capital, they work from their own home, have a couple of new cars, and employ their two sons.

The problem that i foresee, is that giving their profession, if such a profession could somehow wriggle out of paying the debt, this lot would not be far from the top of that list, imo, or maybe i am being over cautious.

opinions again.. get facts.... send someone in for a quote and see who is down as the owners on the paperwork they get given?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

opinions again.. get facts.... send someone in for a quote and see who is down as the owners on the paperwork they get given?

Would a letter from the Department for work and pension, repayment of benefit from the compensation award be proof of who has to pay.

If they are minded and ordered by the DWP to pay them out of the compensation, that same obligation or liability would also include my daughter, by the name on the letter from DWP.

Going by the letter the company and Mr Smith are the named respondents for the debt.

Would a letter from the Department for work and pension, repayment of benefit from the compensation award be proof of who has to pay.

If they are minded and ordered by the DWP to pay them out of the compensation, that same obligation or liability would also include my daughter, by the name on the letter from DWP.

Going by the letter the company and Mr Smith are the named respondents for the debt.

This letter shows who the debtor is, and it is not Mrs Smith, as i have been saying all along.

This letter shows who the debtor is, and it is not Mrs Smith, as i have been saying all along.

I've no idea what kind of letter you are talking about, this seems to be new information.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I've no idea what kind of letter you are talking about, this seems to be new information.

It is a letter from the DWP, DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPENSATION RECOVER UNIT, for the respondent to pay a fixed amount as t recover the benefits my daughter had to claim because of being dismissed and in receipt of welfare benefits.

What they paid my daughter for benefits is recoverable from the compensation that is awarded to her, in this case £570, so the debtor from any compensation that he is ordered to pay, he has to pay out of the compensation owed back to the DWP the £570, the remaining amount left after the DWP have been paid back will go to my daughter, by the debtor identified now by the DWP.

and how did they place him as the respondent?

ETA

Sorry, just noticed "THE COMPANY and Mr Smith are named." So once again if she owns the company it comes from her - he's just the clerk.

You have no proof that she does NOT own the company so I've no idea why you are so hung up on it but at this stage it defies logic. Why not just ask her how she'll be paying?

The Company was removed, pursuant to an application under rule 34, the DWP have been notified.

Which leaves Mr Smith, I do not need to prove Mrs Smith does not own the company, the debtor and who has been ordered to pay back tax paying funding has now been identified, as Mr Smith, unless the DWP have got it all wrong, which I doubt.

The Company was removed, pursuant to an application under rule 34, the DWP have been notified.

Which leaves Mr Smith, I do not need to prove Mrs Smith does not own the company, the debtor and who has been ordered to pay back tax paying funding has now been identified, as Mr Smith, unless the DWP have got it all wrong, which I doubt.

What the DWP write isn't the same as having a judgement in that persons name.

Who are the parties named on the judgement?

Do any of them coincide with the assets?

No matter what letters from the DWP you bring forward, these are what matters unless you get the judgement amended.

You may feel Mr Smith is the debtor, but what are you going to do if;

a) he is the only party with the assets, yet

b) isn't named on the judgement ....

(& please don't say 'judicial review', just because you heard the phrase once.....)

What are you going to do if he hasn't got assets? You still haven't said which party has the assets.

A judgement with no plan to enforce it is a Pyrrhic victory.

Ok. I am bowing out. You are providing no new evidence and we're going round in circles.

Good luck, interested to learn what happens but we can't go on with you saying black and me saying white!

I can possibly help with the CRU/DWP point, they won't have done any of their own investigations or really care what Defendant has to pay back the recoverable benefits.

The CRU will have just been going on what they were told originally that Mr Smith and the Company were the Defendant.

It's meaningless when establishing the legal owner of the Company.

I can possibly help with the CRU/DWP point, they won't have done any of their own investigations or really care what Defendant has to pay back the recoverable benefits.

The CRU will have just been going on what they were told originally that Mr Smith and the Company were the Defendant.

It's meaningless when establishing the legal owner of the Company.

So it is not in the interest of the public, who the debtor now owes, out of public funding used, to establish who the legal owner is?, with the greatest of respect, their interset and the fact that they would have an obligation as to recover any public fund owed, would, and that process would include establishing the legal owner who would be responsible for the debt.

In a nutshell, who ever is responsible for paying the debt, ( MR Smith ) will and i will make sure, have to show and convince, with evidence beyond any proof that he is not that person who has now been ordered to pay public funding back, as a direct result of his discriminating actions.

No, the CRU are not interested as long as they get paid back.

They only state Mr Smith and the Company on their letters because that is what they were told at the start of the Court claim.

The CRU do not investigate any further than that.

If Mr Smith wants to adopted the same stance, as has been evident since the case was won, by shifting any liabilities onto someone else ( his ill wife ) he will not have any difficulty in proving this, to those who are employed by the government as to recover from the legal owner, and i would assume, not some made up legal owner once it was established that he was guilty.

I am currently in correspondence with the DWP, who have now been provided with a chronology of events which would include any misrepresentations.

So it is not in the interest of the public, who the debtor now owes, out of public funding used, to establish who the legal owner is?, with the greatest of respect, their interset and the fact that they would have an obligation as to recover any public fund owed, would, and that process would include establishing the legal owner who would be responsible for the debt.

In a nutshell, who ever is responsible for paying the debt, ( MR Smith ) will and i will make sure, have to show and convince, with evidence beyond any proof that he is not that person who has now been ordered to pay public funding back, as a direct result of his discriminating actions.

Your crusade against Mr Smith (no matter how understandable) might be clouding your ability to recover the judgment sum.

The court isn't necessarily interested in your desire to pin down Mr Smith, it will / has focused on matters of law.

When are you planning on discussing who has the assets / how you intend to recover the judgement sum?

What the DWP write isn't the same as having a judgement in that persons name.

Who are the parties named on the judgement?

Do any of them coincide with the assets?

No matter what letters from the DWP you bring forward, these are what matters unless you get the judgement amended.

You may feel Mr Smith is the debtor, but what are you going to do if;

a) he is the only party with the assets, yet

b) isn't named on the judgement ....

(& please don't say 'judicial review', just because you heard the phrase once.....)

What are you going to do if he hasn't got assets? You still haven't said which party has the assets.

A judgement with no plan to enforce it is a Pyrrhic victory.

We do have in place a plan to enforce the judgement, but cannot act or secure the application until the fourteen days giving for payment has expired.

In such event' we have got the right to ask for a judicial review, if the Tribunal have ignored previous orders and subsequent applications that if followed, would have established what is trying to be established now.

The respondent at the Preliminary hearing imposed five separate orders for the respondent to comply with, four of those orders were completely abused, that alone would be grounds to question why? a judical review would give the answers, there is no logics in having rules if those rules are not adopted, Mr Smith and his solicitor are most certainly, although may might feel, immune from abiding those rules, they're not.

If Mr Smith wants to adopted the same stance, as has been evident since the case was won, by shifting any liabilities onto someone else ( his ill wife ) he will not have any difficulty in proving this, to those who are employed by the government as to recover from the legal owner, and i would assume, not some made up legal owner once it was established that he was guilty.

I am currently in correspondence with the DWP, who have now been provided with a chronology of events which would include any misrepresentations.

Did the CRU ask for this?

We do have in place a plan to enforce the judgement, but cannot act or secure the application until the fourteen days giving for payment has expired.

In such event' we have got the right to ask for a judicial review, if the Tribunal have ignored previous orders and subsequent applications that if followed, would have established what is trying to be established now.

The respondent at the Preliminary hearing imposed five separate orders for the respondent to comply with, four of those orders were completely abused, that alone would be grounds to question why? a judical review would give the answers, there is no logics in having rules if those rules are not adopted, Mr Smith and his solicitor are most certainly, although may might feel, immune from abiding those rules, they're not.

Who has recommended you apply for Judicial Review?

I've mentioned judicial review before, so will be brief.

£20,000 to spare?

Judicial review grounds? You seem to be stressing "an irrational approach", so:

Wednesbury and CCSU cases : The court has wide latitude, to achieve the overriding objective, so how will you show it reached a conclusion "outrageous in its defiance of logic" (CCSU) or a "so unreasonable... That no reasonable authority could have come to it" (Wednesbury)

No, the CRU are not interested as long as they get paid back.

They only state Mr Smith and the Company on their letters because that is what they were told at the start of the Court claim.

The CRU do not investigate any further than that.

But if there is a misrepresentation on who should be liable to pay the debt, and if the debt is not honoured, the CRU would have to investigate, as this would be in the interest of the public, as it is the public who are are being fleeced, if any liability is being waived based on what the respondents are now alleging.

Who has recommended you apply for Judicial Review?

"ask for a judicial review as to how the respondent, their legal representatives and for that matter the judge, allowed a number of orders and directions to be completely ignored"

I'm not sure you understand the role of judicial review. You understand that you'll have to apply to the Administrative Division of the High Court, and should expect to need in the region of £20k funding : and that would be a minimum to start with.........

So, "who has recommended JR"?

Not me!

I've mentioned judicial review before, so will be brief.

£20,000 to spare?

Judicial review grounds? You seem to be stressing "an irrational approach", so:

Wednesbury and CCSU cases : The court has wide latitude, so how will you show it reached a conclusion "outrageous in its defiance of logic" (CCSU) or a "so unreasonable... That no reasonable authority could have come to it" (Wednesbury)

Grounds, failing to follow 4 of the 5 orders , which would include the correct legal entity of the respondent, pursuant to the Preliminary Hearing when the Employment judge raised this as being an issue, which the respondent legal representative could not give answer when asked.

Rule 34 order again trying to establish the legal entity of the respondent because previous directions had been ignored, company removed Mr Smith added, judgement order, states the complete opposite, rule 34 thereafter abused.

Application to have unless order in respect of the respondent providing a full trial bundle which would include such evidence, that would include any witness statements that would prove the respondent was unlawful in dismissing my daughter, order application ignored by same judge, who superseded that application bt threatening to strike out respondents claim, only to allow the trial to go ahead next day, on the pleadings giving by the respondents legal representative that i was not qualified or knew the correct procedure, which was denied and as evidently proven by the fact that all procedures and orders correctly followed.

Judgement giving and signed by the same judge states that it was established that Mrs Smith was the legal entity of the respondent, 185 pages of trial bundle, no mention of Mrs Smith, more to the point was never established, just alleged.

All of the issues and in particular, the legal entity of the respondent were ignored despite orders, applications and a process which was completely ignored by the respondent, his representative and the judge, which brings us to this point, questions on who the legal entity really is, would not now be an issue but for the above.

Grounds, failing to follow 4 of the 5 orders , which would include the correct legal entity of the respondent, pursuant to the Preliminary Hearing when the Employment judge raised this as being an issue, which the respondent legal representative could not give answer when asked.

Rule 34 order again trying to establish the legal entity of the respondent because previous directions had been ignored, company removed Mr Smith added, judgement order, states the complete opposite, rule 34 thereafter abused.

Application to have unless order in respect of the respondent providing a full trial bundle which would include such evidence, that would include any witness statements that would prove the respondent was unlawful in dismissing my daughter, order application ignored by same judge, who superseded that application bt threatening to strike out respondents claim, only to allow the trial to go ahead next day, on the pleadings giving by the respondents legal representative that i was not qualified or knew the correct procedure, which was denied and as evidently proven by the fact that all procedures and orders correctly followed.

Judgement giving and signed by the same judge states that it was established that Mrs Smith was the legal entity of the respondent, 185 pages of trial bundle, no mention of Mrs Smith, more to the point was never established, just alleged.

All of the issues and in particular, the legal entity of the respondent were ignored despite orders, applications and a process which was completely ignored by the respondent, his representative and the judge, which brings us to this point, questions on who the legal entity really is, would not now be an issue but for the above.

But you have a judgement in your party's favour.

You want to claim that is irrational?!?

JR is the wrong route to take, on many levels.

As for "no mention of Mrs Smith, more to the point was never established, just alleged" ; judges make judicial decisions based on the information in front of them, all day, every day.

There were cheques signed by Mrs Smith??

Not irrational!

Whilst i appreciate Judges make judicial decisions based on the information in front of them, there is a process that needs to be followed which would allow the other party to view the information as to insure the facts that are alleged are correct, and in their opinion.

Giving that most of the other orders were breached, disclosing a piece of paper on the judges lap one minute before the trial citing the legal entity of the respondent, would be par on course with all the other rules that the respondent re-created during the whole procedure process.

Because Mrs Smith signs a cheque, it does not make her the legal entity responsible for the debt, i would have assumed.

Whilst i appreciate Judges make judicial decisions based on the information in front of them, there is a process that needs to be followed which would allow the other party to view the information as to insure the facts that are alleged are correct, and in their opinion.

Giving that most of the other orders were breached, disclosing a piece of paper on the judges lap one minute before the trial citing the legal entity of the respondent, would be par on course with all the other rules that the respondent re-created during the whole procedure process.

Because Mrs Smith signs a cheque, it does not make her the legal entity responsible for the debt, i would have assumed.

Which STILL doesn't make a judicial review appropriate.

I can't advise further without the other info I've (repeatedly) asked for.

Emmzzi has already bowed out,too, on similar grounds.