unfair charges spml,kensington welcome

tommy-tugboat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Just looking for advice on the state of play over unfair charges applied to my accounts.

Still got 12 years to run on a mortgage with SPML. if i send an SAR letter is it like poking a sleeping bear. I have £1400 in arrears with them and on a repayment plan which i am keeping up with. Can they put the strong arm on me to pay all the arrears and when i can't start proceedings. What are the chances of success of getting back any charges or should i accept my fate and carry on paying till the end and stay quiet.

My Kensington remortgage was finished in Jan 16(woohoo!!!). There are charges that have been applied to this account so what ,again, are the chances of success with this company with it being a closed account.

My Welcome loan is due to finish in May 16. There are charges and maybe PPI with these people. Again is the a chance of success of getting these charges back in full or as they say " Keep Calm and Carry on"

7 years ago i was in such a financial mess even i wasn't sure what I owed to who. Today the only outstanding debt is the mortgage and 4 payments to welcome. Paid off credit cards, Remortgage, and car. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Any advice would be most welcome, Tommy

On the matter of the charges from Kensington, I would go in straightaway and try to reclaim the charges. Kensington have got form the unfair charges and you could bring this up as well if you take it to a County Court.

Simply the fact that it is a closed account is no obstacle to reclaiming unlawful charges.

In terms of the Welcome loan, you should certainly go to the PPI immediately and I don't really understand why you need to ask. In terms of charges, how much of the charges?

Also, if they have been fleecing you for PPI, the payments of which have put you into a position where you've incurred charges as a result of inability to pay the loan sum, then you have an even stronger case the claiming it all back plus interest of course. Please start a new thread for this.

In terms of the SPML mortgage, I don't see why you shouldn't send them an SAR if you are sticking to the agreed repayment plan.

As long as you keep your nose clean – which mean stick to whatever agreements are in place then there is nothing they can do – and if they tried to renege on the deal then you have a very good case the claimant the have been treated unfairly.

If they have been applying excessive charges then certainly you should try to get them back although it is unlikely that this would find its way to money in your pocket. Instead it would be applied to the outstanding balance and essentially reduce the 12 year period, which is not a bad thing at all.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi

I got all my £50 charges back from KMC. I wrote to them and they eventually credited them to my account. However I never got any interest included. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I recall a phone call from a chap called Aaron who worked for KMC. He saw my request for help on here. So they clearly look at sites like this

Hi

I got all my £50 charges back from KMC. I wrote to them and they eventually credited them to my account. However I never got any interest included. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I recall a phone call from a chap called Aaron who worked for KMC. He saw my request for help on here. So they clearly look at sites like this ��

thanks for updating us

would have been nice to have done so on your existing thread mind....:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...