right's on repair

liverpoolluke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on going issues for nearly a year now with a quad bike I have purchased, my current issues is on a repair, I sent my quad bike to a garage over 300 miles away for a major repair (the engine needed removing, splitting in 2 for gasket replacement) got the quad bike and the next day I found another oil leak

I spoke to the repairing garage who suggested I put my quad into a local garage for this minor repair to be carried out and the original repairer would pay the bill

The second garage close to home have suggested the engine has never been split and the original oil leak is still there

so within 24 hours of getting the quad home the issue was present, I have suggested the garage who did the major work are responsible to repair the quad and should collect it, they have now nominated another garage of his choice aprox 1 hour drive away (a garage I might add I find arrogant, and has bad reviews online) what's my rights as it stands ?

I feel the original garage should still collect the quad, inspect and repair then return back to me which he should do in the first place

the second twist to this story, is the second garage who wrote the report have charged me £85 for there inspection / report should the original garage pay this bill as I only submitted the quad there upon there request

You can only expect to be put in the position that you were originally in so what you expect is a working bike having paid £xxx for a repair and £yyy to transport it to place A and back home.

You need to tell the original garage that you expect them to pick up the extra costs for your running about here and there and also for the inspection by the second garage. As they have agreed to this already it wouldnt be wise of them to go back on their word as event though you might not be able to prove they said this you will have phone records showing you called them, the second garage's report etc so a court would agree with you on this being the truth of the matter.

You need to give the first garage a chance to put things right. part of this will be negotiating the transport and collection of the bike. I would rather do the legwork myself and get them to reimburse the cost of doing so rather than trusting them to do it. All in your control. Make sure they agree to paying your reasonable travel costs by text or however so again they cant change their minds easily.

After a few call's to CAB consumer help line and reading the CRA215 I have now requested the repairer to give me a refund, I believe that the repairing garage has 1 right to repeat performance which he gave instruction to a local third party , the quad was not repaired on the first right to repeat performance (in all honesty it put the repairer in terrible light) I have requested the repairing garage to refund my payment's for 2 separate invoice's and to reimburse me for the third party cost's that the original repairer instructed me to use

The repairing garage's solution was to allow another third party to collect the quad bike for them to repair (the second repairing garage being a pal of the original repairer) if the second third party was unable to repair the quad them my quad would have been sent down to the original repairer (over 300 miles away from my home)

a little update, first reply from the repairer, they say your quad came in for major oil leak to be fixed, we have done this so we don't owe you anything

My reply was, you ignored all my points my complaint shows, you failed to take reasonable care of my quad, and you have already accepted the current issue is your responsibility due to offering to repair it

I requested they give me there ADR details let's see if they even know if they know what an ADR service is