Dr10

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was disqualified for DD 24months ago.

i missed the course due to work commitments that would of reduced my time by 6 months

the DVLA are messing me about.

I was told that i would need a medical before reissuing would take place.

I reapplied for my licence and the letter clearly stated that before i could drive again my 24months will have to expire,

and the DVLA would need to receive my application.

I sent my application off and now the day before i can start driving again a letter arrives.

This one states that i need a medical first.

Calling the Doctors i can't get an appointment for 3 weeks.

What can i do??

I'm afraid that I think that you should adhere strictly to the requirements so that you are squeaky clean.

If you don't, you may fall on your face – and it will have very long-lasting repercussions.

Do the three weeks or else look around for another doctor.

I suppose if you are prepared to pay for a private doctor then you could get an appointment very quickly

you'll prob have to pay for it either way anyway (its not an nhs thing), so maybe not any quicker (gp's have other appointments to attend to first), unless you go to a different docs with a shorter waiting list (dvla approved).

You have been classified as a "High Risk Offender" by the DVLA, either because you were over two and a half times the legal drink driving limit with a blood alcohol concentration that equalled or exceeded 87.5 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath or have been disqualified by order of a court on two or more occasions within a period of 10 years. Normally, the DVLA will send a letter informing you that a medical is required, 90 days before the end of your disqualification. Be aware that your medical is not just a routine fitness check. A blood (and sometimes a urine) sample will be taken specifically to assess your alcohol usage and any possible dependency you may have. You should plan on there being about 14 days for the results to become available. Good luck