Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Biden doesn't seem bothered about negotiating a trade treaty to suit the UK government's timetable. I don't suppose they saw this coming, not that the amount of trade involved makes up for what's being lost with Europe anyway.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-usa-trade-deal-b1807616.html
    • No we haven’t mentioned divorce yet The fair split is I give him half the equity and anything he wants to take from the house  I just feel he is now being unreasonable because I won’t change my mind and take him back 
    • Hi.   Have you spoken to a divorce lawyer or has your husband? Trying to look at this from the outside, it sounds as if it would be better to agree a fair split according to divorce law rather than deciding between you.   Sadly, once money becomes involved things can become more complicated, but I'd have thought a divorce lawyer would be able to advise.   ETA: Here's some advice from the government.   HB
    • I forgot to say he keeps trying to make me feel bad as well about it being his mums money that went into the house saying he should be entitled to more of a share because it was his mum who left us the money that done the house up
    • Hi all I’m hoping for a bit of advice please    My husband and I are separating after 20 years together, been married 16 years this year I have a 21 year old son from a previous relationship who still lives with us in our 2 bed house which we bought in 2015.   We inherited a large sum of money back in 2017 after his mum passed away and we invested a lot into the house had it completely renovated.   The marriage has been more like a brother & sister relationship for many years and although I’d threatened to leave before I always just gave in and carried on but now I’ve had enough so have decided this is it.   I work full time, he is newly self employed and doesn’t earn as much as me therefore he can’t buy me out so he said I could buy him out.  We have 100k equity. First he agreed on 50k then he spoke to someone who said he is entitled to half of the value, not the equity so asked for 100k  I told him he wasn’t entitled, he agreed and changed back to 50k I have now got the ball rolling, been offered a mortgage and the paperwork is under way. Then he asked for another 1k which I have agreed to. I have paid out £500 to have his name removed from things so far. He has now said he thinks I’m up to something and is refusing to sign the paperwork to do with removing his name from the land registry. He says he is rethinking it and may not want to sell to me as all of a sudden he doesn’t trust me.  I keep trying to talk to him and he won’t. I’ve said my son and I need to know where we will be living but he won’t take my son into account says he’s old enough to live on his own.  We have racked up debts between us but the majority are in his name only, one of them is for sofa finance in my name only which I am keeping so he said he won’t pay that but expects me to pay half of the debts in his name as we both spent the money. My question is, can he change his mind now? Can he pull the rug from underneath me when he has agreed to sell to me but nothing is yet signed?  Is it right my son doesn’t come into the equation because he’s an adult although he’s my child and still lives at home?  We had been getting on up until this was said last night and it’s because I haven’t given in to him again I know but I need to know where I stand legally  Thanks 
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
       
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
       
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
       
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
       
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
       
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
       
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
       
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
       
       
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Debt Collection Start Up Loan


Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1851 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Wondering if anyone can help please?

 

I took out a start up loan which I fell behind on when the business failed for various reasons.

I wrote to the start up loan provider who failed to confirm accept of my offer of payment

and instead instructed a DCA to collect on their behalf.

 

I again wrote with all my income/expenditure and a monthly offer and made my first payment in July 2015

but to the account of the start up loan provider.

 

 

The DCA then wrote to me chasing payment.

I wrote back and advised I had made a payment and hadn't received confirmation from them that they had accepted my payment proposa

l or confirmed the bank details to which I could make a payment to.

 

They wrote back and advised they would investigate but never came back to me.

I wrote to them several times again asking them to confirm acceptance of my payment proposal

and to confirm bank details to which payment was to be made.

 

 

A final letter was sent on 12th October 2015 giving them 7 business days to respond otherwise I would consider the account to be settled and closed.

 

I heard nothing!!!

Then at the beginning of January I received a letter from another DCA acting on behalf of the start up loan company.

I wrote to them and advised of my previous dealings with the previous DCA

but then the new DCA started to call me on a new mobile number which the previous DCA or start up loan did not have.

 

I wrote again to the new DCA asking them to stop calling my mobile number

and asking them to confirm where they got my new mobile number from and to respond to my previous correspondence.

 

I received a letter today which in no way refers to my previous letter telling me that if I do not make a payment

they will speak to the original creditor to discuss further courses of action.

 

What would be my next course of action.

 

 

I have tried to set up payment plans with these people but its like banging my head against a brick wall!!!!

 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks

xx

Edited by maroondevo52
formatting
Link to post
Share on other sites

name names please.

 

 

and can we have some timelines to this story too.

 

 

have you the org agreement still?

 

 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...