• Tweets

• Hi Lolerz Thanks for replying to me, yes I've been ignoring her & will continue to do so. All she keeps saying is they want to come up with an amicable settlement. Keeps saying this to our receptionist she shouldn't be saying this to a receptionist or even me in the first place as they have given no proof of anything no IP addresses noting just keeps saying about an amicable settlement.
    • If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step? It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.
    • you'll never find a court open on a w/end MB. all courts are closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday. However as Andy points out, that does NOT mean you get 2 extra days to file, you get one, same as xmas/new Year. UKPC have not filed their, so no rush on yours as dave says.  
    • Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed some of the worst tendencies in British politics”. “The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life" Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Freedom of Information Act being abused with vexatious FOI requests.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SCOOP has links today to two Freedom of Information requests that feature on the very popular website: What do They Know.

http://www.scoop.it/t/lacef-news

It would seem that two individuals are making highly vexatious Freedom of Information requests. It is such a shame that this practice is going on as I fear that before long, the government will amend legislation so that a charge will be payable for each FOI request.

The first link on SCOOP is this one from an individual by the name of Wayne Pearsall regarding Removal of Implied Right of Access.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/moj_implied_right_of_access_remo

He has so far made 242 Freedom of Information requests using the What do They Know site. There may well be many others as well that are made direct to the relevant authority etc.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/wayne_pearsall

Typically, when he does not receive the answer that he wishes.....he requests an 'internal review'.

Most telling is Mr Pearsall's request dated 20th March to the Home Office entitled: 'Vexatious Correspondence and Complaints Process"

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/vexatious_correspondence_and_com_2#comment-58908

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FOI is a valuable facility that our elected members and appointed Civil Serpents would love to kill off so they can hide things they should be ashamed of or are actually a criminal issue.

There should be a way to bar vexatious requesters to keep things on track for the majority.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

FOI is a valuable facility that our elected members and appointed Civil Serpents would love to kill off so they can hide things they should be ashamed of or are actually a criminal issue.

There should be a way to bar vexatious requesters to keep things on track for the majority.

3 strikes you're out policy?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The second SCOOP link is to this person's FOI request (entitled: Wrong Jurisdiction). His name is Pat James

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/wrong_jurisdiction

What a surprise to see that this FOI request concerns a Council Tax Liability Order hearing !!!

Mr James has so far made 164 FOI requests (link below) to various different government departments including the Metropolitan Police, the Home Office, the Ministry of Justice, Greater Manchester Police, Powys County Council, DVLA, Audit Office, Mayors Office for Policing and Crime and many others (too numerous to mention).

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/pat_james?page=1

This one is highly amusing. It is entitled: Registration of Birth

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/registration_of_birth#comment-65187

It would be a good idea if all of the different government departments that he is making Freedom of Information request to would read a copy of the following FOI request from Paul James entitled: Magna Carter and Common Law. If so, they would quickly realise that he is firmly into the Freeman on the Land ideology.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/magna_carta_and_common_law#incoming-723010

The second SCOOP link is to this person's FOI request (entitled: Wrong Jurisdiction). His name is Pat James

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/wrong_jurisdiction

What a surprise to see that this FOI request concerns a Council Tax Liability Order hearing !!!

Mr James has so far made 164 FOI requests (link below) to various different government departments including the Metropolitan Police, the Home Office, the Ministry of Justice, Greater Manchester Police, Powys County Council, DVLA, Audit Office, Mayors Office for Policing and Crime and many others (too numerous to mention).

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/pat_james?page=1

Interesting to see that another very frequent user (Enid Brighton) of the What do They Know website is following this particular Freedom of Information request of Pat James.

PS: What a surprise. It concerns council tax summonses for Waltham Forest Borough Council !!!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lawful_issue_of_summons_to_a_lia#incoming-742368

These people have no idea about the relationship between common law and statute. I was amazed to find just how poor their understanding of what should be a simple relationship is.

Implied rights of entry, please......

I like the reply where the officer says "Please explain what you mean by implied right of access because we have nothing in our operating procedure which mentions such a thing". LOL

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

In theory you can withdraw a right of access to anyone not on court or official business like a TVL goon without a search warrant, or a Yodel Courier who keeps chucking fragile parcels over your gate. But not a bailiff or HCEO.

But then we have discussed that one to death

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have made some spelling and grammer errors in most of my above posts. The forum gremlins are still on overtime and this means that the edit facility locks after 10 minutes instead of 24 hours.

You have an edit facility? I dream of an edit facility!! TB

The edit facility has been changed to stop some posters changing their posts on the request of other posters. This is a great idea and welcomed... Now all edits have to be within this time frame or on another post. So not only will this stop straight away it means you have to think what you write before you post therefore making you look before you hit Post Quick Reply. .... Well done admin!!!!

To avoid spelling errors you may want to preview you post before hitting the button by hitting the preview post one instead. I have been for some time but still make the odd error but hope it goes un-noticed..

As far as the 'notices' go they will not work if the LA/LL has a safety inspection to carry out, (Council/Social Tenants in fact all tenants) namely for gas safety checks, which we all know are a legal requirement. If you fail several times to allow the check to be completed then the LA apply for an entry Warrant to carry it out. These are issued at the Magistrates Court. Often I might add..

These Warrants of entry cannot be blocked by the tenant or the 'notice'. If the tenant tries to, then the Police are called and then forced entry is done... The Police are there as usual to stop a breach of the peace. Not only that the tenant will have to pay for the damage to the doors as well. This is because of WILFUL refusal to allow unfettered entry in this case for the gas safety check...

Other reasons can be your pipes have burst and flooding a downstairs property, there are many reasons like those named above, just look for them...

Last year saw a letter floating around re: FoI requests so I assume you have all read it? If not read it here >> https://www.cfoi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/FOI-letter-to-PM.pdf and very nicely referenced as well... Your thoughts?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Any tenant that refuses access for Gas safety checks or emergency repair/investigation is very silly indeed, and correct MM the tenant cannot have the implied access removed

BN it has happened a few times recently in Essex and to the detriment of the tenant....

As a HA board member my neck is on the block if a gas explosion occurs destroying the tenants and adjacent properties, we would not be exercising due diligence if with a point blank refusal to allow access by the tenant we don't do court to gain access due to their intransigence.

A tenant has a great advantage over an owner occupier as in all these safety checks are included with the rent.

Interesting to see that another very frequent user (Enid Brighton) of the What do They Know website is following this particular Freedom of Information request of Pat James.

PS: What a surprise. It concerns council tax summonses for Waltham Forest Borough Council !!!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lawful_issue_of_summons_to_a_lia#incoming-742368

Keeping with the subject of vexatious Freedom of Information requests, the two requests highlighted today on SCOOP not only account for almost 400 FOI requests but far more worrying, is that most requests end up as 'reviews' which are very costly indeed for all government departments.

What is most alarming though is to see that in the last 3 days (I have not gone back any further than this) approx 20% of all Freedom of Information requests on the What do They Know website come from one of more of the following aliases:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/list/successful?page=3

Neil Gilliatt

Rex Ole

Malcolm admin

Cyril Alfab

Becky Saunder

Dan Stevens

Enid Brighton

Arnold Layne

Lee Johnsone

Cherie Jerez

Hump Balustrade

R.Skinner

Emma Dale

Sacksen Molar

Enid Brighton

Gary Pearce

Stan Higgles ton

fFraudwATCH UK

Derek Prickles.

What is most alarming though is to see that in the last 3 days (I have not gone back any further than this) approx 20% of all Freedom of Information requests on the What do They Know website come from one of more of the following aliases:

By way of evidence; the following link is to all Freedom of Information requests on the WhatdoTheyKnow website yesterday.

There are 25 requests per page and 20% of these are from the following:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/list/successful?page=3

Tom Bola:
Trafford Borough Council (Summons costs)

Enid Brighton:
Lambeth Borough Council (Summons costs)

Enid Brighton:
Coventry Council re: Summons cost Liability Order

Faudwatch UK:
Ministry of Justice re: Tottenham Magistrates Court

Fraudwatch:
Legal Aid Agency

At least the name Mr A R Sole or Mr Rabbitt hasn't been used yet. What's scary is you know the names. TBH I've done just 3 requests.. 1 for planning one for Police one for DWP.. not bad for 5 years

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Capita need to be subject to FOI. They have so many fingers in different pies they are corrosive to the Public Good.

What's scary is you know the names. TBH I've done just 3 requests.. 1 for planning one for Police one for DWP.. not bad for 5 years

MM

The reason why I knew the names was mainly because of the common link to 'Outlawla' and his obssessive and vexatious Freedom of Information requests to North East Lincs Council and Humberside Police as outlined in the following thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?456886-North-East-Lincs-Council-Threaten-bailiffs

Not implying anything BA I've never had the interest regarding FoI request. Obviously you know loads more than I.

What if they do make charges for the information it will cost them too much therefore it will fizzle out in the end..

There's good requests and just those that want to distact the LA'S or others...

Not my kettle of fish. But I may look at those of interest to me and see the results. But I won't spend hours working out whom is requesting what for what ever reason. . It's a pointless pursut of time and enrgy if it's means nothing to you..

Any tenant that refuses access for Gas safety checks or emergency repair/investigation is very silly indeed, and correct MM the tenant cannot have the implied access removed

They can however legally stop access by a utility company using a Warrant based on the 1950 something Gas Act, as it does not allow forced entry beyond drilling the lock, so fitting a bolt or two means they cannot legally gain access. The utility companies are misusing legislation and purjering Courts to get the Warrant, they have no reasonable suspicion that there is a sagety issue, they want entry to fit a payment meter. The bloke in Lancashire gets pretty much all Warrant requests refused if the debtor contacts him in time for the hearing (a reason why certain companies are behaving extremely dodgily to prevent debtor going to the court hearing) because he always gets them to hire an electrcian or gas plumber to certify the meters, then show it to the court, so the court cannot issue a warrant, as the debtor has proven the meter is safe. There is a warrant to replace meters with payment ones, but it does not confer or allow forced entry, only entry with the debtors permission.

In some of the letters sent to the debtor, as by law they have to give the debtor a chance to attend the hearing and oppose the warrant, every date including when they will enact the warrant if granted uses British date format, but the court hearing date used american format.... its all a clerical error of course, because a system will accidently use 2 different dating formats :smile: its a well known problem, in other news pigs have started flying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does FOI apply in Scotland, or do they have a different system?

A friend of mine is having problems with the Scottish equivalent of the environment agency who are withholding information they hold about the suitability (or not) of discharging waste into a burn which runs through her property.

TB

Does FOI apply in Scotland, or do they have a different system?

A friend of mine is having problems with the Scottish equivalent of the environment agency who are withholding information they hold about the suitability (or not) of discharging waste into a burn which runs through her property.

TB

The following is a good starting point.

http://www.gov.scot/About/Information/FOI/access#a3

Regarding FOI.

The problem as far as i am concerned is that this may be another useful facility which currently exists but is in danger of being removed or restricted because of people who abuse it.

I have made three or four of these over the years and have found them very useful in a variety of areas.

The ones made to LAs are only of use IMO if you want to know how they implement procedures.

Not so much if you want the law clarifying in a particular area.

As has been found in requests regarding the implementation of the TCE, LAs are often late in adopting new procedures and what they do does not necessarily yet comply with the requirements of the applicable law.

Unfortunately the problems arise when someone thinks they understand a requirement of the law, they send an FOI not for information but hoping that it confirms their view.

When the reply comes back which disagrees, they embark on a campaign to find a LA who does, or failing that one that will phrase the answer in such a way that it can be misinterpreted .

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

There are some excellent FoI requests made using this public site and there are those that are just plain barmy. The following one to the Ministry of Justice from 'Freeman in spirit Foster' is an excellent example:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/justice_6#incoming-748238

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks