Where will the poor people go.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

plenty of room at Buckingham Palace! or one of their many houses

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Look at it this way we how many FOODBANKS in the UK since the welfare reforms does the Government care what it looks like as these increase?

Do they really care about the Poor??

Whats the best target area to HIT to reduce GOVERMNENT EXPENDITURE the VULNERABLE

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

its not just the poor people, my better half and I have a good income but due to high rents, travel costs we are left with very little at the end of each month and cannot save anything substantial enough to save for a deposit - I'll never own my own home!

• 2 weeks later...

When i first left home and got myself a small terrace house i paid about £7k that would have been 1975 i think. Then i had absolutely nothing to put in so begged all odd bits of furniture; pots & pans; dishes, everything.

I do feel sorry for the younger ones now just starting out, although most want everything brand new right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Consumer Dude.

Housing prices out of reach, lack of affordable rents, where will the poor live ?

A question i have thought of over the years since the sub prime days way back.

Spotted how the poor in America were having to live and had a good few arguments with some over there at times.

They were beginning and although i have not checked for a while beginning to set up tent cities in many areas.

Read last week of a garage selling for i think 200 thousand plus,small garage at that.Ok in Park Lane or thereabouts.

As rents become higher and higher something has to give.

The normal workers,even if on the living wage in cities as cutbacks keep coming may have no choice to move away leaving the wealthy to get on with it.

Who will do their jobs.

As they move away to the outer areas of cities,no doubt the surplus houses they left will be snapped up by so called entrepreneurs and financial institutions.

And of course the areas they move into no doubt the prices will begin to rise there and the spiral will go on and on.

I am not talking about drug addicts and alcoholics who obviously need help to get out of the problems they face but just the ordinary working class who keep things moving in schools,hospitals,street cleansing,transport etc finding things harder and harder although to listen to the TV both here and America everything seems great.

Well to myself although i only know a few people travelling round America it is not and doubt it is here.

So i will guess if nothing is changed my guess would be tent cities appearing on the edges of towns and cities.

Or as another thread in the Bear Garden masses of flat pack homes on the edge of towns and cities which will not please the building industry at all.

1 day to put up about 13 k on Brownfield sites.Which would cause a mass loss of jobs in the building industry if happened.

But of course i could be wrong and hope i am.

I just as i look round do not see people becoming wealthier but poorer. And stressed out.See it on peoples faces.Perhaps i am moving and looking in the wrong places.

Perhaps something like this could develop,who knows.

Homeless in America-Tent Cities.

https://widerimage.reuters.com/story/homeless-in-americas-tent-cities

Perhaps you know differently,if so please have your say.Or have a go at answering the question yourself.

Cheers Tawnyowl.

Hope i never here this

"You have to understand this: we people as homeless have lives, just like you all have lives. We don't want to be out on the street but we don't have an alternative. People have no other place to go."

Other option is probably already happening.Instead of family members of all generations living in separate accommodation.

Perhaps Grandma,Grandpa,Sons daughters and other relatives all begin to live together.

And share the cost of living.Thus still be possible to work and commute into the cities and do the essential work.

And if lucky have a few bob left at the end of the month to treat yourselves.

Will not please many but options could lead to this.

Do you know.I am just guessing.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

• 1 month later...
In prison. That's what they want. Who needs cheap labour from abroad when you have free labour in prisons?

I'd imagine it costs more to keep someone in prison than it does to employ them to do whatever work you need done, or just pay them benefits. Precise figures seem hard to track down, but I think it works out at around £40,000 per year.

The basic answer to the question of where the poor will end up is as Nystagmite says: the people responsible for governing the country really couldn't care less. Some will end up street homeless, of course, but most will end up paying rent to private landlords, probably for a decrepit studio flat or bedsit somewhere. But they'll get by, somehow, because that's what poor people do. And a few years down the line, someone will look at the fact that poor people are just about getting by and use it as an excuse to further dump on them from a height. As the great man said, "So it goes."

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

What will happen eventually is more people will organise and take to the streets in vast numbers to protest..

I hope so. It's long overdue.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well i always try to remain neutral :|although i have been known to go to protests to write and take photographs of the days.:-)

Best to say that just in case.But true.:wink:

Strange what you see when you look closely at things.And how genuine tens of thousands of people and some politicians ,i must say that are when marching down city streets yet things do not seem to change much.If at all.

Why?

Some say some of the media are biassed and many protests happen but are kept pretty quiet.

Some protests some say they have been on or seen are reported more on foreign TV but not as much here.

Or only on social media.

Why would that be if true.Would it gain some sort of support if media, TV got behind these protests.

Would they dare to

People power if enough support can move mountains some say,so things must be kept in check if at all possible.

Not that i am saying the media are kept in check somehow,but i have heard others say so.

You hear people absolutely talking saying how disgusted they are with things,yet politicians just carry on regardless seemingly blinkered in their vision.

Do not seem to listen,although say they do.

Are people tired,absolutely shattered with how things are going.No time to think about much but surviving.

Just left with enough if lucky to pay the monthly bills.Never mind travelling sometimes half way across the country to protest.

Well i do not know,do you.

But a reporter or journalist asked this question when Iceland's Prime Minister was asked by the people to jog on and find something else to do.

Some interesting comments beneath the article.

Some are saying it is just not things like Tax that people are sick of but the NHS,Cuts ,so many things seem to be changing but nothing anyone says stop things being changed.

Look closely at some of the smaller changes in the budget,how crafty and well thought out.

Back to the article.

Iceland has forced out its Prime Minister. Why aren't we protesting like them?

Why can’t we be more like Iceland? That’s a sentence I never imagined I would write, but when I see the pictures of thousands of indignant Icelanders taking to the streets to protest over their prime minister’s tax arrangements, it does make me wish that we Britons had the same zero- tolerance attitude towards the tax affairs of rich and well-connected members of society.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iceland-has-forced-out-its-prime-minister-why-arent-we-protesting-like-them-a6970046.html

There will be no time to be neutral when the time arrives. You will need to be clear and precise. They came for the communists and you did nothing, they came for the disabled and you did nothing, they came for the weakest in society and you did nothing, so what will you do when they come for you and act surprised when no one does nothing.

Ah, but our government has at least learned that lesson.

They DONT come for you

They just pretend you dont exist

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

What will happen eventually is more people will organise and take to the streets in vast numbers to protest..

Not going to happen.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"