Barclaycard

dillon21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a Barclaycard that I couldn't pay off they sold the debt or whatever they do to Cabot I have now have a letter saying thank you for settlement of your account outstanding balance £0 I'm confused I have not paid this off any suggestions why I have had this letter

Thank you

Keep it very safe lol if Cabot come chasing send them a copy. Just sit tight to wait for Cabrot to come begging. If they do and you want advice please come back to update your thread...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

If Barclays have sold the debt on then there is a balance of account with them of £0 so you no longer owe Barclays a bean. Cabot will now send you letter saying their account balance is £xxx. Beware of any difference between the old and new amounts.

How long ago did you lats pay anything toward this debt or acknowledge it?

If Barclays have sold the debt on then there is a balance of account with them of £0 so you no longer owe Barclays a bean. Cabot will now send you letter saying their account balance is £xxx. Beware of any difference between the old and new amounts.

How long ago did you lats pay anything toward this debt or acknowledge it?

I can't remember it was so long agon

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Current ''owner'' might be C@brot, but they certainly don't lend anything! Delusions of grandeur

Anyhow, if they wish to inflate their ego, who cares?

They bought it, so they'll send you begging letters. How much is it, roughly?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When was the loan taken out. Bet cabot won have the paperwork. barclays are usually very lax with that sort of stuff.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

While Cabot may not be a "lender", they were the debt owner.

If it shows £0 owed now, they may have sold the debt on to another bottom-feeder.

As suggested, there's no need to panic about this and time will tell if the debt has been sold on.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)