link and 'sky' BC debt

smisart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

there were online sign ups at that time

which would not obv get your sig

rather a tickbox.

a recon, showing such details might be ok to comply with the CCA

but if that would be considered good enough to be able to enforce a court claim pers I doubt it.

type sky credit card in the search cag box of our red toolbar.

see what others foundout/got on.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Skycard/Barclaycard was taken out in Sept 2005.

CCA request was sent to Link Financial 04.02.16.

Response from Link Financial included paperwork from Barclaycard, showing original T&C's for Sky Card.

The first page had a large printed box which states Your Right to Cancel,

Once you have signed this agreement you will have a short time in which you can cancel it.

We will send you you exact details of how and when you can do this.

The next page is the start of T&C's with my name and old address on top.

Not sure if this is relevant, there are dates on the top left hand corner of pages:

BCD_ **********.qxd 5/9/05 page 1.:

BCD_ **********.qxd 6/9/05 page 2. ( 4 pages in total )

Also included was Recon T&C's from Barclaycard with my name and current address on top of first page.

Again dates on top of 2 pages:

BCD_ **********_ **** 14/10/2010 Page 1

BCD_ **********_ **** 05/10/2010 Page 2. ( 3 pages in total ) not sure if this is relevant or just part of internal admin system.

There are no tick boxes, signatures, on either set of documents.

On my credit file the only reference to this is Link Financial showing outstanding balance.

SAR request was sent to BC Northampton FAO Data Compliance Manager 04.02.2016.

It was received and signed for on 08.02.2016 by Les ( don't these people have surnames?? ).

Finally my apologies to dx. for being such a dumbo yesterday, was having a bad day!

Again many thanks for all your comments.

if you wish scan the stuff up

follow the upload

pop it ALL scans into a word doc after scanning each page as a picture

then redacting it

then file save as .pdf and attach..use the guide

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I changed my DD to a Standing order with Link Financial, just received a letter from them showing my last monthly payment, also the next payment date and the amount due. I am a bit confused as the monthly amount has now reduced by £1.00, do DCA's usually act in this way ??.

Still waiting for a response from BC on my SAR request concerning details for this agreement.

Thanks in advance for any comments

BC have 40 calender days in which to supply all the info surrounding your SAR request.

As for them dropping the amount?? Who knows what goes through their tiny minds, just pay what YOU can afford, NOT what they tell you to.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...
BC have 40 calender days in which to supply all the info surrounding your SAR request.

As for them dropping the amount?? Who knows what goes through their tiny minds, just pay what YOU can afford, NOT what they tell you to.

As for editing difficulties, not really a techno dude, but all I did, was saved the scans to my desktop, then opened them up in MS Paint, and editied them in their and saved them again back to my desk top.

There's bound to be a YT video on it??

Hello

No reply from Barclay Card on SAR request, 40 calender days are up (it was signed for on 08/02) what happens now ??

Any comments appreciated

Send a letter recorded delivery include a copy of your orginal request.

Title LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Tell them that the time has now expired and unless you receive what is asked for in the next 7 days from receipt of this letter you will make a formal complain to the ICO Also state you consider this a FORMAL complaint

Send recorded delivery

Keep proof of postage and receipt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hello all,

I have received a response from Barclay Card for my SAR request.

Included were a copy of the first page only, for the CCA with my signature dated 10/09/05.

Also included were screen prints of Copy Statements, start date 06 Nov 2009 showing Closing balance, late payment charges and interest on standard balance. These are dated from Nov 2009 to Feb 2015.

There was also a screen dump for account holder details.

The front letter from Barclays says we have enclosed copies of information held by Barclaycard.

There is no information from the date the CCA was signed, 09/05 until 06/09.

Originally taken out with Skycard who I understand were owned by Barclaycard.

A couple of questions, if anyone would be kind enough to comment.

Does just the first page of the CCA cover Barclaycards obligations for SAR request?

Where and how do I get information for details on this account from 2005 to 2009.

I am not sure if PPI was applied to the agreement and the information supplied does not tell me.

Again any comments would be appreciated.

no harm in ringing them and asking where the early statements are.

and they

no harm in ringing them and asking where the early statements are.

Rang Barclaycard who told me they were only legally obliged to hold the last six years information for statements, and they held no further information on me. They said they were unable to supply any further information concerning this account. Is this correct ??, if so looks like I've hit a brick wall.

Again any comments are appreciated

No harm in reminding them by phone that they're obliged to supply ALL data that they hold about you, not just data for the last 6 years.

You can mention that you're aware that they hold data for longer than 6 years and, if they fail to supply it, you'll lodge a complaint with the ICO and/or take court action to force compliance.

If necessary, you can follow this up in writing.

:-)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Been a while, but Barclaycard finally gave me all the information on the account.

There was no PPI applied to the agreement ( albeit only shown on a printout as N = No against insurance )

Without hard copy of actual monthly statements with full breakdown, I guess I will have to accept this.

Will tell the DCA (Link Financial) what I can afford to pay them and take it from there.

Thanks to all of you who offered comments on this issue, it was much appreciat

no penalty charges?

£12 for this or that?

late over letter etc.

seems strange for BC sell a +£3k debt .

remember mind

don't ever phone a fleecing DCA

dx

and they

Thanks DX,

Got your original message on telephone calls / DCA loud and clear the first time thanks, hasn't stopped them sending me I&E review letters though!!

Yes there are £12.00 charges for late payments etc... not sure how much, have not checked (have been totally wiped out with the MS... not an excuse just the way it is). Charges stopped and interest was frozen when I agreed repayment plan with Barclaycard.

Excuse my ignorance, is it possible I can claim these back?? as previously stated am not exactly up to speed on finance / legalities.

yes sure you can

have a look in the Barclaycard successes forum.

and they