style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up for it last year, you have to provide card details, I didn't cancel in time and they too £79 off my card. The day before I thought the trial period was over - having said that I've watches loads of stuff on it last year but I canceled this years subscription x

scotgal 

I've been using Amazon Prime for a while now - it's saved me a fortune in postage for various items. It depends on if you watch the TV part of it - I find there is a better selection of the films and shows I like on Prime rather than on Nextflix. I got my Amazon Prime when they had an offer to get it for £59 instead of the usual £79.

If you use Amazon regularly and want to download lots of films then I understand it is quite a good thing. Savings on postage if you actually buy items.

It was no good for me as I only really use it for Kindle downloads and you can only borrow one book a month - unless you take out the kindle unlimited as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As with others, replies :

Do the cost / benefit analysis.

Do you want next day delivery often?

Are you currently paying lots in postage (& bear in mind not all items are available on Prime).

If your last years orders are representative, look at the postage costs you would have saved if the items were on Prime.

Consider that for the members of your household who would also benefit (if they would contribute to the cost!)

Consider if you (or they) would be eligible for one of the reduced rate Prime's (eg student)

Are you in a Prime Now area?

Would you use Prime Now (it is only available to Prime members, but is currently only in London & Birmingham, has a £20 minimum but can be same day, in 2 hour defined slots.

I'm aware of people ordering during the day to be delivered that evening when home from work.

Then factor in how much the Prime TV would be worth to you.

You should now have your answer.

I'm not sure anyone can reply for you, as they won't know your circumstances!

For my household / home : it makes sense. YMMV.

I thought it was free for a month, that's how I read it..

The general Prime terms allow for a charge pro-rata if you cancel part way through a year.

My concern was that some "free trials" commit you once you begin to use them!

The Amazon Prime free trial T's & C's for the .co.uk site don't seem to have this provision : it appears genuinely free PROVIDED one cancels within that first free month, even if you have used it, BUT you must cancel within that first month if you don't want it to continue.

If you use Amazon regularly and want to download lots of films then I understand it is quite a good thing. Savings on postage if you actually buy items.

It was no good for me as I only really use it for Kindle downloads and you can only borrow one book a month - unless you take out the kindle unlimited as well.

I also had kindle unlimited but I wasn't reading enough books to just justify the £7.99 a month subscription- so I cancelled it the other day, Amazon then restricted some of the books I had on my device as my subscription had expired

scotgal 