Another recorded delivery issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First or second class ?

First class post can take up to three working days to be delivered, and second up to seven. If the item has been misrouted, then it could be even longer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Where was it sent to, was it a P.O. Box

There are many occasions where signed for post is not signed for but is delivered ,

I have had two letters delivered to me recently without being signed for

I have also sent many a letter, particularly to Southend-on-sea that did not show as delievered but were replied to

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

From personal experience, RM will not class it as lost until 15 working days (3 weeks) have passed and then they will give you a book of 6 first class stamps in compensation.

What does happen in a lot of cases, especially those where they are likely to receive multiple RD letters is that the recipient block signs and RM are supposed to copy that signature over to all the letters although this does get missed.

Wait the required 15 days, file a lost post claim but don't accept the stamps. I complained higher up and got a who £6+ :ohwell:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What is meant by misrouted..

If, for example, the postcode was a handwritten WR, it might get misread as NR or HR and routed to completely different mail centres. Another common problem is when people write some-village Nr biggish-town which the machines interpret as an NR or NE postcode and route accordingly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Is a RD considered legally delivered in the absence of a signature..

I think Royal Mail needs investigating... I had several items which just vanished into thin air in the space of a few weeks, with no apology or compensation from RM... they just pass the buck all the time when you try and find out where your mail has gone. When it's legal documents with a time limit, it leaves you totally up the creek... Just dreadful 'service'!

TB

consumer duse = having sent 100s over the years Recorded Delivery, many not signed for but responses from The receivers everytime because they state thankyou for your letter dated xxx. so ranting complain once. Then send Signed for delivery at 5 times the cost to be sure. me never would pay that much. copied on computer recorded delivery receipt from post Office attach copy to copy letter job done. and get on with the next problem.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Where was it sent to, was it a P.O. Box

There are many occasions where signed for post is not signed for but is delivered ,

I have had two letters delivered to me recently without being signed for

I have also sent many a letter, particularly to Southend-on-sea that did not show as delievered but were replied to

That's normal for the Southend area, unfortunately… TB

Just put in a formal complaint about recorded delivery. It simply is not fit for purpose..

You won't get anywhere by complaining… they send you round in circles… just hopeless. There are other companies who will deliver important letters at competitive rates… give Royal mail a miss! TB

At least it arrived but that's Royal Mail for you. Who said privatisation increased efficiency ?

I try to avoid RM and ParcelForce at all costs…a friend of mine used to work in a RM sorting office & they just don't care at all. TB

When sending parcels, don't go for parcel force at all, It's cheaper to use a courier service that will even collect it from you, instead of having to take it to a post office and queue up.

Although, I have been sending 100's of small items with a first class large stamp on it, only a couple haven't showed up, but I've saved so much money than to get them recorded. Also I'm pretty sure I'm above the 25mm thickness limit too :wink: