Robinson Way with very old Barclay Card debt

fevr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Been a long time since I've been on the forum but need a little advice if possible.

I believe I defaulted with Barclay card back in 2010 but I'm not sure of the exact date.:!:

Had personal/business problems back in 2010 (actually before if you see my posts) which ended with me becoming divorced. After this point I "stuck my hand in the sand" and ignored a lot of the relentless letters from them (and others) as the recession had wiped my business out and I had far bigger things to worry about.:violin:

Over the years I haven't heard much from BC seeing as I'd left the marital home. Some letters did go to the old house but were ignored/binned and some of these were from various debt collectors. I know - not clever.

I've started to to get a few letters recently from Robinson Way at my new home address that I'm renting (on the electoral role) and even an email to my business email account. To date I haven't replied to them but can't work out how the debt they are chasing for has gone up to £7684, my original credit card limit was £7k I think.

As you can possibly gather I'm not in good position with facts as a lot of this got lost all those years ago. I've moved on in life and have remarried and don't want all the relentless hassle these companies make however I do want to fix my credit file.

How/should I communicate with them? Don't really want all the pestering of paying them this inflated/made up figure with the penalty of them marking my credit file for another 6 years:evil:!!

Thanks guys

is the debt defaulted on your file

I expect so

then theres nowt they can really do to extend that debts entry

as the debt will vanish off the file on the defaults 6th birthday.

ok they could go for a CCJ and to an old address

and that would then be there for 6yrs.

I suspect that's why you are getting the letters

its coming upto to the SB date. [6yrs no payment or written ack by you]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks DX100UK,

Is there a way of finding out if I've got a CCJ - don't they have to go to court to get one of those or at least a letter from a court?

I've found a website called TrustOnline http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ which seems to offer a way of checking for CCJ's without having to resort to using Experian or Equifax.

And is there a system for finding out when the date of when I defaulted without talking to Robinson Way, do I talk to Barclay Card?

Thanks so much

it would be on your credit file if there were one.

as long as all you old addresses show on your cra file

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Catquest,

The higher figure is why I'm disputing it, I just don't recognise it as being a true figure. I'm sure there are some added on "fees" that bump this up.

Is there a process to get the facts fom either Robinson Way or Barclay Card without acknowledging that I owe the debt?

I'm bitter that these debt companies are making a business out of people so that's why I would prefer playing "hard ball" - paid thousands of £ during the down turn in interest and late fees.

Who does Barclay Card use as a Credit Reference Agency?

Just started a free credit check with Equifax - Credit score is poor at 332 with Barclay being the only problem area. The info given has certainly jogged my memory.

Sorry guys for being so vague.

OK, so I was communicating and making intermittent token payments of between £50 - £100 pm to Barclay Card up until July 2012! I didn't make any further payments after that month and they gave up with the account in FEB 2013 and marked it as settled on that month (see screen below) but it isn't marked as being defaulted, rather it shows as being passed on to a company called Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (see 2nd screen shot)

2nd screen - company who took over the debt.

I can't see any CCJ against my name.

Sorry everyone.

barclay.jpg

barclay.jpg

barclay1.jpg

ccj.jpg

Edited by fevr

are all your old addresses showing in the linked addresses etc section?

dx

and they

Thanks for coming back to me dx100uk,

Yes, both the old marital home and the new address that I'm renting now are showing.

Btw and I don't know if it's relevent, there is the mortgage on the old property showing on the report that is still being paid by my ex but the property is in both names, she is also shown as financially linked. We haven't been able to resolved the financial split even after these years.

Edited by fevr

sounds all correct

dx

and they

Hi Fevr,

The SAR should reveal most of the data you need from BC, ie the default date, all penalty charges added to the a/c.

This will not be a relevant acknowledgement of the debt.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 years later...

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted a bit of info on what Robinson Way could do now that the debt they have been chasing is over 6 years?

btw, I'm pretty certain it is now finally over 6 years as I can't see the Hoist Portfolio 2 Ltd (they bought the Barclay card debt I think and then RW got involved)  RED  mark on my credit report check with either Experian or Equifax - my credit score has shot up to "excellent"  now which is something I haven't seen since before the financial crash of 2009!!! 👍  I believe the 6 YEARS deadline was around the end of FEB 2019/ beginning of MARCH 2019

I was getting a lot more text messages, calls and email recently (starting more in JAN/FEB2019) and even got a text message today - when do they stop??

I had someone call me last week (I normally don't pick up numbers I don't recognise and ignore all RW emails/texts) from Robinson Way and I'm pretty certain this happened after the 6 years. He asked me to confirm my address which obviously I wouldn't give to him for Security and compliance reasons 😉 which stumped him. Certainly didn't want them knowing my new address.

Back in 2012/13 I had disputed the inflated debt amount with BarclayCard so I've ignored Hoist/RW for years and years without them taking any legal action at all.  

I just want this lot to move on really as I don't really want to have to change my mobile number due to the harassment going on forever🤬

Below is the previous post I put up on CAG back in 2016

Edited by fevr

Threads merged

send our sb letter then

and they

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

Thanks Threads merged

send our sb letter then

Thanks a million dx100uk.

I think I found the Statute Barred letter in the library but it seems rather old as it's dated 2013. Is this still ok to use as I know the law can change over the years, especially in light of DOYLE vs PRA Group?

Cheers

Fevr

Should be in the debt collection section

and they