Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Arranged Natwest Overdraft - Advice Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1484 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Just wondered if someone could give me some advice about maybe looking into claiming some of my bank charges back

- interest back which my bank takes off me each month. - (If I can or cannot do it)


I have had a overdraft on my account now since being at university some 20 years ago,

it started as a student overdraft at £200, and I fell into the trap of Natwest putting up year after year after year without my consent via a letter until now its £2500.

..At the moment im always at the limit of my overdraft come payday and I dont earn enough to pay the overdraft off....


I have current charges of about £33 month and a £6 admin fee (Its a arranged overdraft).

Im now come to the point where I want live with my long term partner and pay the debt off and close my account down...



Just wondered if I can claim any of these charges back.

ie, they have given me a overdraft and ive not being able to pay it off complaint

or they gave me a overdraft and they have increased it year on year with out my consent complaint.


Ive read that you can put a complaint in for financial hardship but the £40 fees thats been coming out of my account

I have been budgeting for the last 5/10 years, ive just never had the money in my account to cover paying the debt off..



Any advice greatly appreciated....

Edited by Conniff

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could request, in writing, that they refund you those penalty charges under the hardship rules yes.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You may wish to enter in to an arrangement plan (AP) to reduce your overdraft on a monthly basis. If this is already on your credit file then it may not matter if you do. You could suggest say £50 to £75pm this way you can control the reduction. It may help.. Worth a try or not but at least you will be more or less in control.



Have you checked your credit file recently? Is this registered as a debt?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you should have gotten your money out of their hands years ago



these are the types of customers banks love



been with them for years with an OD

and your wages just get swallowed more and more

then you use the OD more and more

and they simply up the limit.



easy money to them.



pop all the fixed sum penalty charges into say the FODCISHEET

each one on its own row

pop their OD INT rate in call d 15



and let see a total.




please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...