Arranged Natwest Overdraft - Advice Please

poolie1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondered if someone could give me some advice about maybe looking into claiming some of my bank charges back

- interest back which my bank takes off me each month. - (If I can or cannot do it)

I have had a overdraft on my account now since being at university some 20 years ago,

it started as a student overdraft at £200, and I fell into the trap of Natwest putting up year after year after year without my consent via a letter until now its £2500.

..At the moment im always at the limit of my overdraft come payday and I dont earn enough to pay the overdraft off....

I have current charges of about £33 month and a £6 admin fee (Its a arranged overdraft).

Im now come to the point where I want live with my long term partner and pay the debt off and close my account down...

Just wondered if I can claim any of these charges back.

ie, they have given me a overdraft and ive not being able to pay it off complaint

or they gave me a overdraft and they have increased it year on year with out my consent complaint.

Ive read that you can put a complaint in for financial hardship but the £40 fees thats been coming out of my account

I have been budgeting for the last 5/10 years, ive just never had the money in my account to cover paying the debt off..

Any advice greatly appreciated....

Edited by Conniff

You could request, in writing, that they refund you those penalty charges under the hardship rules yes.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You may wish to enter in to an arrangement plan (AP) to reduce your overdraft on a monthly basis. If this is already on your credit file then it may not matter if you do. You could suggest say £50 to £75pm this way you can control the reduction. It may help.. Worth a try or not but at least you will be more or less in control.

Have you checked your credit file recently? Is this registered as a debt?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

you should have gotten your money out of their hands years ago

these are the types of customers banks love

been with them for years with an OD

and your wages just get swallowed more and more

then you use the OD more and more

and they simply up the limit.

easy money to them.

pop all the fixed sum penalty charges into say the FODCISHEET

each one on its own row

pop their OD INT rate in call d 15

and let see a total.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...