BankFodder BankFodder

moowalker

Erudio and FOS go against me - help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1482 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I'm just curious why the ombudsman declined my complaint,

see my story below.

I have been following this forum for a long time but never posted.

I was in 2 minds whether to post as i don't want to put people off fighting these !!!!!!!s

but this is my story (sorry for the long post).

12 months ago I was set to sign the erudio deferment forms as i have for the last 10 years

but after reading these and other forums I filled it out but sent it back unsigned with a letter declaring my income along with the required proof.

(The forms by the way came after 3 months of requesting them, even though in there t&c's they say they will be sent out 2 weeks before renewal date,

erudio said they had sent them and informed me i was now in 3 months arrears).

Erudio in reply refused the deferment, then aggressively and rudely ringing me insisting i had to sign the form.

This was start of a very time consuming battle sending letter after letter backing up the original student loan agreements, contacting FCA,etc.

The months went by all the time receiving 'your loan is in arrears' letters but they still would not back down.

A legal representative of Erudio contacted me with an offer of wiping the arrears of some months as long as i signed the form which i flatley refused.

I then made an official complaint to erudio which by law gave them 8 weeks to review the case.

Surprise suprise they got back to me literally a day before the 8 weeks were up to say they rejected my complaint.

So onto the ombudsman.

More time consuming gathering evidence for the ombudsman as well as communication

while erudio further dragged there feet taking ages to get back to the ombudsman's querys

- another month passes, then another waiting for the decision.

A summary of the ombudsman's decision was that

(i)i could not prove deferment form had not been received on time

(ii) that my overall complaint was to be rejected as 'an organisation are entitled to exercise their own commercial judgement and its own decisions how it operates'.

I was FUMING. The ombudsman absolutely screwed me.

This maybe the case they can make there own decisions but i did'nt choose to sign up with this organisation (erudio)

and did'nt agree to there terms when i signed the initial contract so it is a completely different scenario.

They did'nt even give me the middle ground of saying take their offer of the reudced arrears,

they have truly left me out to dry and i feel they did'nt even read my side.

Literally 2 weeks after the decision i get a letter from erudio saying my account is in arrears and i owe them £2500.

I have now received a letter saying this has to be paid within the next 3 weeks.

I really need some help i don't know what to do.

I am so angry about a lot of things.

I have lived my life responsibly and paid up things on time all the time.

Suddenly these !!!!!!!s come into my life and absolutely destroy it.

I am eligible for deferment and proved it, if i don't have the income to pay back the loan

where do i get the money to pay the arrears.

Those arrears have mounted up largely because erudio have dragged there feet (they're not stupid)

and many of them months i could not have paid if i wanted to (complaints procedure/ombudsman) it should be half that.

Hence as soon as the decision went against me 12 months arrears on my credit file.

A credit file that has been spotless for 20years.

I only noticed because i went to get a new phone on contract (never a problem)

and a mark came up so they refused me.

We were looking at remortgaging,

how will that affect things.

Reading on the forums people saying they have been deferred when not signing the form

and the ombudsman giving in their favour, is this fact do these people exist?

If so do i have any case for precedent.

So please people help me!

What do i do?

Should i pay the money?

Should i pay back in instalments?

Is there anything i can do about my credit file?

Is there anyone or anything i can turn to?

Do i have any legal rights?

What can they do?

I sit here feeling it would have been easier to just fill the form in

but i am a person of principal but this principal is getting me in the !!!!.

I know this is exactly what they (erudio) wanted to acheive and this is what they do.

I don't want debt collectors at my door,

any advice much appreciated.

(based on fact not opinion, please

-no offence but i have followed through with a lot of things i have read on the forums which have not turned out well.

Sorry for the long post thanks for reading.

Was it an actual ombudsman that found in their favour or an adjudicator?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Go start your own thread please

Start a new thread

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

New to this posting game.

Renegade imp not sure will have to check.

Dx100uk not meaning to tread on any toes, thought my situation was similar to pong979 and that he might like to see he is not the only one in this situation. If you really want me to start a new thread then fair enough.

own thread created.

get us that info please

follow the UPLOAD guide

dxx

Looked through the paperwork and the ombudsman decision was made by an adjudicator. I did'nt appeal as the general consensus was that they rarely change their decision and in their explanation of there decision they barely touched on any of the evidence i had provided them so did'nt hold out much hope.

any chance we could see it please

and the credit file ?

redact everything to PDF

and follow the upload

Looked through the paperwork and the ombudsman decision was made by an adjudicator. I did'nt appeal as the general consensus was that they rarely change their decision and in their explanation of there decision they barely touched on any of the evidence i had provided them so did'nt hold out much hope.

Unless it is in your favour, you should ALWAYS ask for an escalation to the ombudsman proper. You should dispute the adjudicators findings and there is a good chance that there will be a change of decision.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Agree with CB, escalate it higher. Adjudicators are almost always unfit for purpose.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D