BankFodder BankFodder

tony3x

Dvla sar

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1532 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My mums partner sent a SAR to DVLA as his licence was suspended due to a 'high' CDT reading - they suggested that he was alcohol dependant'! He is not and only has a drink at weekends and not to excess.

He has been having an annual medical for the last 3 years due to having temporary suspension of licence due to a blackout (alcohol was involved at the time but long story so please don't judge).

When the details of the SAR were returned it was only details of his latest application and medical report, nothing from previous medicals or any of his blood test results at all.

Are they obliged to release this information or can they hide behind some legislation.

Thanks

I would say that they are obliged to release the information.

I suggest that you write back immediately and complain. Also write a letter of complaint to the information Commissioner (although fat lot of good that will do you – but you may as well get the complaint on file)