BankFodder BankFodder

Matt1507

Provident Loan - Lowell DCA - Closed But Entry On CRA?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1486 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had a letter from Lowell telling me I owed £274 on an old provident account. I wrote to them saying I show me the prof and verify the account before we move forward with anything.

A little while later they wrote back saying they are going to close the account and zero the balance. They also said its on my credit file and they not remove it.

Can they do this as it is now closed?

All this means is they have returned it to the Original Creditor (OC) you may get different DCA's chasing this... Just wait... When was the last payment?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi

First of all, it is Lowell, not Lorrel.

It seems they have taken the decision to write this off by zeroing the balance. This should have the effect of no more DCAs contacting you...but you never know.

On to the credit file. This must be a true reflection of the account. Provident would have originally defaulted you and when Lowell bought the debt, they replaced their name on the default.

Depending on when the account was defaulted, this stays on the file for 6 years. If the default has a wrong date, you can challenge it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

They have removed their interest in this debt by writing it to zero.

However why not ask them to confirm they will not be passing it onto a further DCA etc?

So they have closed and settled it, they are required to report information to a CRA for 6 years from the closure of said account.

Is the account with Provi subject to fraud etc? If not, no chance of getting it removed I'm afraid.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

simply keep that letter safe

any other dca chases it

send it to them

I take it this was an old doorstepper loan?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

There has been no payment for as long as I can remember.

The account has been bought by Lowell so I believe.

The letter states it has now been closed and nothing about being returned. So I assume it is thier account now. That's why I was wondering if they can leave it on my credit file.

It will remain there for 6 years from default after that its gone ok?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Okay understand now

Thank you