Handing in notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My son works a big retail company he as given two weeks notice like it says in his contract but they have told him he needs to give 4 even thou he was not told of this change he starts his new job and needs refrences which they will not provide pls can you tell me what he needs to do

How long has he worked there and what is the exact wording in the contract?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

most companies will not provide references of any kind these days - if they do all it should have on it is - he was employed for this role, he started on 01/01/2010 his employment ended 01/01/2015 - he had this many sick days - just the basic stuff - they certainly should not be saying stuff like he was lazy, couldnt do his job etc etc.

I think that if he explains the issue he had with his termination date with his old employer to his new employer that they will be anderstanding about it.

Maybe the manager is right as it is either one week notice or one month notice.

I haven't heard of a two week' notice.

Best he writes to them and point it out to them.

Though he is leaving but there is no point in burning bridges when you don't need to.

If it is a big company they will always give a good reference as it isn't worth the trouble.

Actually most companies now just give a generic one confirming they worked from xx date to xx date. Some retailers dont even give one at all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D