BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1046 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, I am posting here to see if I can get some advice regarding employment and support allowance. My history is that I currently recieve ESA in the support group and have been on this benefit for four years now with 3 reassessments including my first in 2012. Twice I was placed in the support group after a WCA but after my second assessment I was initially told over the phone I would not get any benefit. I asked the DWP on that call to reconsider and about an hour later they called back telling me I was again in the support group.

I am now waiting to find out about my next assessment for ESA and I have some questions. Firstly does anyone know how likely it is that after 4 years in the support group it will be that they can remove the benefit from me? My condition can in some cases improve but in my case it has not and I still attend the hospital regularly 2 or 3 times a year and I am awaiting a further referral. Surely it would be very difficult for the dwp to remove me from a benefit they previously agreed I was entitled to?

Also if I am called to a face to face assessment I will not be able to take anyone with me I don't think which I have done in the past, I will be able to get a lift to and from the centre but nobody is free in the day anymore to come in with me. Will not having a companion at the wca be bad for my claim?

My last question is on the new esa50 the say not to send any appointment letters. I feel I should send them copies of my appointment letters as it lets them see that I am still being seen regularly by the hospital and have been for some time. I don't have any reports to send and feel it is important to send something. What should I do?

I am curently on ESA in the Support Group. I have not recovered but will be shortly moving in with a partner who earns too much for me to keep my benefit which is income related. I have about £1000 saved up in my account which has been saved from my benefit payments over the years as well as some gifts from family.

When I contact the DWP to inform them of the change in my circumstances and they stop payments will have to pay them back the money I have saved up if it is unspent benefits?

Quite simply No...

Thats your money that youve been paid :)

If there has been an overpayment that thats a different matter, but what you het on ESA is yours to keep towards your living.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

It's your money.. so no.

I hope the move goes well & you have a long happy life together x

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Thank you both for your reply about my savings that is very helpful and reassuring. Thank you also Shoelover for your good wishes, I hope so to!

Best wishes to you both!

I am moving in with my partner this evening and need to inform the DWP. My partner earns over the limit for benefits so I expect to lose all of my income related ESA. My partner knows this and is happy to support me, currently me health has not improved since my last assessment.

How best should I inform the DWP of my move, should I call or write a letter? I last had a payment yesterday, will I need to repay any of that or will I be safe to spend it as needed?

Will moving in with my partner trigger a reassessment of my ESA? I will not recieve any benefit money but I believe my stamp will still be covered as long as I am considered too ill to work.

When I inform the DWP of my move will they investigate us? My partner bought this property last year and has spent the past 6 months renovating it. My partner only moved in just over a week ago. Prior to moving into this house together we have never lived together before but have lived in seperate towns with our parents and family. We haven't registered with new doctors or informed our banks yet of this change of address. We have been seeing each other for a number of years though and we met before I fell ill.

In addition I have about £2000 in a savings account which is mostly from money I recived in ESA over the past couple of years. Will I be able to keep this or do I need to return it to the DWP?

Thank you for your help with my questions!

How best should I inform the DWP of my move, should I call or write a letter?
Your choice, but in any case do it as soon as possible after the date that you move in. If you send a letter, you may wish to use a "tracked" service like Recorded Delivery. This won't mean that it gets processed any quicker, but it does help if there's ever any question over if and when you informed them of your change.

I last had a payment yesterday, will I need to repay any of that or will I be safe to spend it as needed?
ESA is paid in arrears so you are probably fine to spend the money. Since you're moving in today, expect that to be your last payment, though - if you're paid any more it will be because they didn't process your reported change in circumstances in time and you will need to repay it.

Will moving in with my partner trigger a reassessment of my ESA? I will not recieve any benefit money but I believe my stamp will still be covered as long as I am considered too ill to work.
It won't trigger a reassessment in itself, no. Of course, a reassessment is likely to happen at some time, so I can't promise you that you won't get an ESA50 through the door next week. But if you do, it won't be because of this change.

When I inform the DWP of my move will they investigate us? My partner bought this property last year and has spent the past 6 months renovating it. My partner only moved in just over a week ago. Prior to moving into this house together we have never lived together before but have lived in seperate towns with our parents and family. We haven't registered with new doctors or informed our banks yet of this change of address. We have been seeing each other for a number of years though and we met before I fell ill.
I can't see why this should trigger any investigation - after all, you're promptly reporting a change that means you lose money.

In addition I have about £2000 in a savings account which is mostly from money I recived in ESA over the past couple of years. Will I be able to keep this or do I need to return it to the DWP?
Assuming you were entitled to it for the period for which it was paid to you, you will not be asked to repay the money. A change in circumstances like this affects only your future entitlement - money you've been legitimately paid in the past is yours to spend or save as you like.

Good luck! :-D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.