BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Are you or do you wish to use the vehicle until we succeed with arguing and you succeed in VT?
    • Hi I hope all are ok in these trying times. I assume most of us will be in the same situation with employment etc.   I am obviously still intending to follow through my complaint against MB. However I do have to make decisions as I have found myself as will most people at this time left with a reduced minimal income, with all I can forsee is an impending up hill struggle for the forceable future.   So not sure what, if any options I still have, I am presuming VT was only an option earlier on and a court CO excludes that option,    I cant continue to honour the finance payments and cant even begin to estimate any timescales I would be again financially stable.   im trapped but want, no I need to get rid of MB all together, they can have the car and I learned the expensive way!   MB recently emailed a letter (which is copied below) in it they refer to a recent termination, this is the part that is very confusing as its my understanding they terminated the agreement in March 17.   They also inform they have placed the collections on hold, but then heres the cheeky bit, they do however want me to store the vehicle, tax and insure it, as per the agreement (the agreement that they already state was terminated) until they continue with their collection process;   Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic currently affecting the UK and wider world, we’re emailing to update you on what will now happen regarding the collection of your vehicle, following the termination of your Moneybarn vehicle finance agreement.   We won’t be collecting the vehicle at this time Normally, following termination of your agreement, we would arrange for an inspection and collection of the vehicle. However because of the current Government imposed lockdown, we are not currently able to collect vehicles until further notice.   What will happen next? Nothing for the moment. We’ll contact you as soon as there are any developments in the Government’s stance and we know that we’re able to resume our normal vehicle collection activity.   What do you need to do? We would appreciate if you can please keep the vehicle taxed and insured for the time being, as per the terms and conditions of your finance agreement. We hope this information is helpful and clear. Please stay safe and well, and if you need to contact us with any questions, please check out the latest information on the best way to reach us at   So they state termination, then expect to lay down instructions for me to comply with as per my finance agreement T&Cs. To look after the vehicle that they do intend to continue collection of.   If everythings terminated and in other words I have no right to the vehicle, Im not prepared to comply with instructions in line with a non existent agreement (I dont have to) and have a good mind to charge them storage.   However l would much rather just leave the car, send off V5 to change ownership and be done with it and concentrate on getting justice for their mistreatment.   
    • No it isn't funny, but there have been murmurs on Social media, dfesn't take much for twitterati and FaceBork to go off on one. Some in our area have been on about shooting the Goats in case they spread the virus, people in a panic are unpredictable.
    • If she has had a note from the NHS saying she is vulnerable and should shield, then she should stay at home, and there are special regulations for this   If not, she has choices a) go to work; asking for a copy of the risk assessment, and how she will be able to be at less risk than usual b) see a GP about her stress and get signed off c) resign   Lots of people are anxious about the current situation. Lots of people also work alone in offices or far away from people or at home.     What people don't get to do, is expect their employer to keep paying them in full, for no work, because they are anxious. So, she needs to choose. I think b) seems right for her, but tat's just based on what you have said, and no idea what her job is.
  • Our picks

John D

Laptop stole on holiday and insurance not helping at all

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1529 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey,

I got insurance through Jet2 when I went to Santa Ponsa last April - My laptop was stole on the first night in the hotel - They denied it and said nothing was stole from the hotel before (Yeah right...) - Quite ironic as while he said it 3 Spanish girls came to the desk and said their money was stole from their room.

I got a police report from Spanish police ( I went with the Spanish girls and they translated )

When I got back I phoned Jet2 - They said the insurance wasnt through them but a different company, I dont know how many times I have phoned and they arent helping.

I also have insurance from Argos but I dont think that covers theft.

It was a brand new laptop that i had for maybe a month, I know it has been a long time but I have been waiting for them to either do a refund or replacement but nothing is happening.

Can anyone help me with what my options are please?

Thanks for any help

What documents have you got relating to the insurance?

Who is the "different company" that you apparently bought the insurance from and how was the insurance arranged?

Jet2 insurance appears to be standard Travel Insurance which should cover theft of personal effects including laptops.

Study the policy wording regarding personal effects to see whether it covered theft of a laptop left in a hotel room. Sometimes there is a wording about items left unattended etc.

There should also be a section covering how to claim, with a telephone number to ring. This is normally a claims assistance company and not Jet2. They usually then send a form out, which you send back with Police report and evidence of owning laptop/value etc. If your claim meets with what the policy covers, they pay out.

Not sure Argos would cover this, unless it says it covers theft abroad. I thought it was an accidental damage type policy.

What about Home Insurance where you lived ? Might be a bit late now, as claims have to be reported within a period of time.

When this happened last April, why has this been left so long ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I contacted them as soon as I got back, the first day actually and I made a number of phone calls and emails and they were constantly saying someone will get back to me but its always me having to phone them, not once has anyone got back to me.

Jet2 just redirect me to the insurance company - I booked the insurance through Jet2 when I was paying for my flights, just the insurance option on the payment / options page.

I contacted them as soon as I got back, the first day actually and I made a number of phone calls and emails and they were constantly saying someone will get back to me but its always me having to phone them, not once has anyone got back to me.

Jet2 just redirect me to the insurance company - I booked the insurance through Jet2 when I was paying for my flights, just the insurance option on the payment / options page.

I think what happens with Travel Insurance is that the Insurance companies claims company will deal with you using the the reference number provided by J2. This might be the J2 holiday/booking reference number. You then give them these details and if necessary they have some internal way of checking you took out Insurance. Once they confirm you took out Insurance, it is a case of sending a claims form, which you send back with police report etc.

In these situations, you always deal with the Travel Insurers on the telephone number J2 give you. In the event of there being any dispute whether Insurance was arranged, you send them a copy of whatever document you have confirming you took out and paid for the Travel Insurance.

You will find that companies like J2 won't be helpful, if you phone them about Insurance. They pretty much don't take any responsibility, after a customer has ticked a box taking up cover and paying the premium. Your information and premium, should have been electronically sent over to the Travel Insurers within 24 hours.

Speak to the Travel Insurance claim assistance line and make a formal complaint if necessary. Follow it up in writing,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread