Joyous Joy vs Halifax plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

Have been introduced to this site my a friend who is fab and due to get his cash back (cheers Ricardo aka wimpawipa!! ) ;)

Have just send my first letter with a PO for £10 off for 2 accounts - send it recorded to play safe so fingers crossed will soon get all the info I need to take it further.

It's a nerve racking process but there seems to be loads of info on here - thank god! - for me to plow through in the meantime.

one question tho - can I reclaim mortgage charges back as well as bank charges e.g. letter they send you when they tell you you're late paying or still have an outstanding amount etc., and if so, how??

Any help would be gratefully appreciated - cheers Joy xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hiya to all - and a very happy and prosperous new year!!!!!

Have had all my statements back and have trawled through them all and I had a shock at all the charges I've paid :eek: could've cried to be honest if I hadn't already read the successful claims on here!

Anyway I have now put it all onto the spreadsheets and will take the next step (gulp)

fingers crossed it'll all be sorted in 2007

Take care Joy :p

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone throught all the statement and am ready to send off a spreadsheet of all the charges to the halifax with the relevent letter but am a little baffled!

Do I send the spreadsheet inc. all the interest charges of 8% now or do I leave it until later on if they don't pay?

Would be fab if someone could help me on this one

Cheers Joy

leave the 8% until you file your claim with the court. If you hide the columns until then you will be fine.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent (Recorded Delivery) - 28 December 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Acknowlegdement received 6 January 2007

Statements received 10 February 2007

Prelim sent (Recorded Delivery) - 13 February 2007

Prelim Received - 14 February 2007

Prelim Acknowledgement received - 20 February 2007

LBA sent (Recorded Delivery) - 1 March 2007

There is a also a spreadsheet designed specifically for this.

Karen :oops:

05/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted

07/03/07 Offer made of £457. Rejected. Offer remade of £651, accepted.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Please don't forget to make a donation!

• 1 month later...

That I am able to reclaim bounced direct debit charges as well as overdrawn ones? only querying this cos whenever relcaiming charges are mentioned in the media it never says about being able to reclaim the direct debit ones and I have some of those?

does anyone know the answer??

cheers

Direct debit, bounced cheques, if you have been charged, then you can reclaim. :D

So the answer is YES...!!!!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently training as a student nurse and am thinking of relocating to another country when i qualify (lack of jobs, better quality of life, fresh start etc.,) but am thinking of carrying on paying my debts etc., but want to know if I sell my house to do this before I leave, how long will I have to wait before I can buy another property in another country? was gonna rent for a while anyway but if we do settle there long term am not sure how long before I can do this.

Does anyone else know please?? :rolleyes:

I received an offer from the halifax today for £1634.00 aas a gesture of "goodwill" and without admission of liability in order to resolve my complaint.

I'm not happy with it cos I want the total of £4425.00 back for our 2 accounts - what should I do now - refuse it via letter and see what happens or just refuse it and go to court?

cheeky blighters - not even half back was offered :mad:

Accept as Partial Settlement, but on the condition that you intend pursuing them for the remainder. Letter in the Bank Charges Library (4th one I think). When your LBA has expired (after the usual 14 days) then issue court summons as usual.

Alternatively there is normally a telephone number on the offer letter. Some people have found they can negotiate the full amount over the phone.

• Haha 1

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

thanks for ur reply Noodledoodle!

Have found the letter in the rejecting offers library!

Have a little query tho - they say if I'm not happy to accept it as full n final settlement to phone them to discuss the matter further - I'M TOO SCARED :o lol I think I'm gonna just leave it to letter - wot do you think?

I gave it a go. But couldn't get my offer increased. Got the whole wrist slapping, you do know it costs us money to run your account.

I am one of those people who thinks of excellent things to say when I put the phone down!! If you aren't happy speaking to them, write to them and fax them as well (there is normally a fax number under the telephone number). That way you have proof that it has been sent and received straight away.

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

Ring them, what have you got to lose? If you're not confident enough to negotiate a full settlement, then you can end the conversation by saying you've been advised (mention the CAG) to pursue the full amount, and that you are offering them the opportunity to avoid both court fees and the interest (at 8%). In a way, you're doing them a favour!!

:)

If you find my post helpful, please click on the scales. Thanks.

• Haha 1

Lloyds TSB

03/02/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

15/03/07 Received statements (exactly 40 days after SAR)

15/03/07 Sent Prelim

21/03/07 Received standard response ack. Prelim

29/03/07 Sent LBA

Halifax

15/03/07 SETTLED

Partial Settlement (75% of claim)

unbelieveble

I very bravely phoned them and can you believe you now press no 2 to speak to someone about bank charges - does that say how many are reclaiming or wot lol

I spoke to a lovely lady who told me she could increase the sum to £2776 as that what they believe the total charges are!

I asked her "then how come I have £4425 - its not a little difference of a missed charge is it" she agree and will get a colleague (shes off tomorrow) to go thro the statement to see where they have got their figure from -

FFS - hows running this account? surely they can see if they got back 6 years if as I've said grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on them :mad: :mad:

will keep you posted

YIPPEEV :)

I have just got off the phone to the lovely halifax and have agreed £2776 as full and final payment (I wanted £2783.50) and am awaiting their acceptance form in the post to get the funds - I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

They won't give me what I want for my other account (£1642.00) they'll only give me £1200 - I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

So told them to I'm refusing it and to wait for my letter taking them to court lol and they also gave me the tel no for the financial ombudsman to help me with my decision - yeh whatever!!!!

so fingers crossed its all going well

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

Good for you! Patience and nerve and we all get there. Great story for newcomers.

All the best

A D

PS Lend us a fiver!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.