Parcel 2 Go - Holding successful claim funds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Sent a parcel via Parcel2Go on behalf of My Hermes Parcel Shop, my scales showed the item at 0.98Kg however they have come back saying that was incorrect and it is showing as 1.4Kg and they want me too pay an additional charge of £1(for underpayment) then £2.49 (admin costs,) I have sent 100s of parcel using them and I said to them must of been a mistake and I will cover the underpayment but with the admin cost being 250% of the underpayment I don't want to pay it all they have done is sent an automated email to make me aware of this anyway (they say the held the package but they don't they still deliver it.)

So anyway whilst disputing this I had to put a claim in for a parcel that got damaged at the value of £10 and they approved it, how ever they won't release the funds for me to refund the buyer with as I haven't paid the above fee, I can't see anywhere in their terms and conditions that state they can hold funds from an insurance pay out. Link here - http://tinyurl.com/hj7fn4x

I have spoken via live chat several times but they are not budging. I also imagine with the 100s of parcels I have over paid myself as I round up the weight so I don't get hassle like this.

Are they allowed too do this ?

Thanks in advance.

I suppose if there was an error in the way you weighed it then they are entitled to make an administration charge.

Although 250% seems an awful lot, the actual charge – £2.49 is not very much and is probably fair – so I don't really think that you have a basis to complain.

As for them holding the money for damage to a different item, this seems unacceptable to me but on the other hand as you are dealing with only a very small amount money I'm afraid that you had probably better accept it and move on.

They are not regulated. There is no one that you can complain to. It's not worth bringing it to the courts. Even if you manage to get your hands on the original parcel and wait again and find that you are correct, it such a small amount that it scarcely worth it.

I think all you can do is to store it up and where they have made clear mistakes in the future then make sure that you clawback everything you can.

Cheers for the reply. All sorted now, after emailing their head office opposed to using their live chat feature they have written off the fees as a "goodwill" gesture and released the claim funds.