HSBC debt - dca defauled date is different to theirs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi forum

I'm sorry to bother you all but I'm panicking.

I have a default which is supposed to drop off at the end of the year (almost 6 years) but when I checked my credit file I noticed that that there were two entries for the same debt/ default. One for the original bank and another for the DCA.

The problem was that the default date for the DCA was wrong and much later than the one the bank gave so I stupidly contacted the Credit Agencies to ask them to dispute the date as it was wrong and I gave them the correct date instead.

The agencies subsequently contacted the DCA with my dispute (presumably providing them with details) who in turn told the agencies to ask me to contact them to discuss.

I haven't contacted the DCA but I'm now panicking. Did I acknowledge my debt by asking the agencies to raise a dispute with details of my complaint?

Please help!

Don't panic Mr Mannering.. No you haven't but if you want further advice please post up the details so we can look at it for you!

Hello Mikey, thanks for responding.

i basically sent an email to Experian, Equifax stating that the 'original default date was the 13th December 2010 as stated by HSBC, but the DCA have stated that it is 5th March 2011, which is wrong. Can you please tell them to amend the date so that it falls in line with the date provided by HSBC'.

I'm p'ing myself as I know nothing about credit statutes etc and as a laymen, what I wrote sounds like an acknowledgement.

Do you think I'm okay or have I landed in it?

Edited by jameslee1234

No you have not ackd it

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No you have not ackd it

Dx

The DCA are not updating the date until i contact them (according to the credit agencies). I don't want to do this as it might then trigger the acknowledgment.

If I wait until the correct default date has passed, is it safe for me to then contact them to get them to remove it?

By then, the original HSBC default would have dropped off, so it would be hard for me to prove the original date.

It's not your job to chase the debt and provide any information to a DCA wait until they contact you with something of substance.

Also if they do write to you then don't fret come back here and you will be guided through the mess we know as DCA hell. They MAY write to you say this and that, but don't fall for the bowlarks please come back and update your thread for more help ok?!! Also don't call the DCA either before speaking to someone on CAG!!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

As a side note the best you did was to find CAG as some of us have been where you are now and others helped us in our first days.. Go and have a look at some more threads and see how they may lie to you and say one thing but mean another.. Be careful if in doubt please come back... Welcome to the debt forum....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Who is the fleecing dca?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The default will remain until its 6th birthday then it disappears. You have a few options, do nothing and wait or challenge the default date which could open up a can of worms. Ideally if you have a copy of the original default then wait a month or two after this has passed then you can then forward this to the CRA's and ask the DCA again to remove the incorrect details.

In the meantime keep on saving for that huge deposit. Time for a beer/wine...

Sigma red is Lowell's

Plenty of default removal threads here already

Simply write to Lowell's

Give them 14 days to remove the default

Else you'll raise the matter with the ICO

Include proof of the. Oc defaulted date

Dx

and they

You could always ask for a copy of your credit file with the disputed information on it and the correct date of when the Original Lender placed it.

Or take a screen shot.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D