first utility and CRS debt collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm posting here because first utility supplied my old house (I have since moved). They made an admin error on the final bill, and ended up sending me 2 cheques for the final balance (their mistake not mine).

They sent me a few emails saying "you owe us money for your SUPPLY (not true, it was their error) please login and pay". when i logged in, their website told me "you are no longer a customer so cannot pay us anything". The value in dispute is £70. I did give my forwarding address but I'm guessing they've lost it. I have a disability which prevents me using the phone, so I had no other means of getting in touch with them to explain their error and make payment, so I decided not to bother.

First utility threatened me with a prepayment meter (they clearly didn't check that it was a final bill, I've moved so they can't legally fit a prepayment meter). Then the debt collectors.

All the debt collectors do is text me, trying to get me to call them by saying we can negotiate a reduction in the balance etc. I block all the texts as i receive them.

My question is how long you all think they'll keep going, or if I should keep fighting, given that I did try to login and pay firstutility, and that it was nothing to do with a supply, and it was their admin error.

Many thanks in advance for helping me with this

Ignore the DCA and use first utilities complaints procedure and get the ball rolling. While the alleged debt is in dispute they cannot take any further action until 8 weeks have elapsed from the start of the formal complaint or the dispute is resolved.

https://www.first-utility.com/about-us/service/how-we-handle-complaints

They also have an absolute ton of bad reviews and very few semi good ones. Get that complaint rolling, and make sure you keep everything in writing, and send my recorded delivery so they cant say they didnt recieve letters.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi newuser and welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum.....Utilities - Gas, Electricity, Water

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread