The People's Operator - Overcharge On Data

xfox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just so you know, this Mobile network (MVNO) called The People's Operator or TPO which uses EE backbone,

have changed everyone's Pay Monthly contracts, December 1st 2015,

without telling them, and then charging them £50 for 1GB of data.

Customers are only getting the bills now, and complaining!!

Anyone affected needs to complain to Ofcom asap, treating customers unfairly etc . Links below:

https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/formal-phone-company

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/phone-and-broadband-complaints/contracts/

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/complain-now-communications.html

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act (Consumer Rights Act 2015)

Edited by fkofilee
Had Scam...

Xfox... Ive amended your thread due to it involving a word which CAG doesnt permit.

Could i please ask where you are getting the above from?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Xfox... Ive amended your thread due to it involving a word which CAG doesnt permit.

Could i please ask where you are getting the above from?

and

and

1. There is something wrong with the billing system, it says you've used data, when you haven't.

2. And I've had legal advice tonight, and they can't unilaterally change your contract, by sending you an email, that you have to OPT OUT of

3. Some people never got any email. There was no postal letters, and no Txt messages. No alerts whatsoever once you go over the REMOVED data CAP.

CZqWCqLWkAAyOh-.png

MAybe they have had a system issue recently. This might be causing it. So why not talk to them?

What was the difference between your old and new tariff?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Old Tariff 6GB and stops when you reach the limit

New Tariff 6GB and keeps going, without warning, when you pass the 6GB limit. The extra 1GB costs £50

I never even used up all the data anyway. Billing systems is wrong. Already spoke to them, and it's with the ombudsman .

I want other people to be aware - hence the post. You'll probably see other people posting, next few weeks.

They deny any system issue. And want everyone to pay up.

I didn't get any email, or warning about the changes. Image above is from twitter.

I am in the same situation and am livid!! What can we do? There is no one to escalate my issue to on the phone just an incompetent member of staff.

This is unjust and completely unfair!

• 2 weeks later...

They have also charged me over £300 for data (by removing the cap) with no notification whatsoever! I mean this was one of the main reasons I went with them and have also rang to then be told if I have a complaint go to ofcom this needs to be sorted immediately, only thing now is if I cancel am I still able to claim my money back through ofcom or will I need to stay with to resolve the issue? The policy I took out clearly stated I have the cap, to then go into it and change it without notification is absurd! and I even said to the sales guy why not ring me to tell me this as its important information, I didnt take out a policy by emailing you I took it out over the phone! he was quiet and then quoted 'You are not the first, I have been dealing with alot of customers who have been over charged since removing the cap and the procedure to follow is ofcom'